Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

Monoth

Yet, for some reason, this is apparently enough to make me an unhappy recipient of abuse and name-calling on a weekly basis.

I am surprised the bitter solo queuers haven't demolished regs yet.

So u mad bro because you get abuse for being in a premade but then go on to abuse the vast majority of people actually queuing for regs in your post? Smart.

Edited by Kawiki

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So u mad bro because you get abuse for being in a premade but then go on to abuse the vast majority of people actually queuing for regs in your post? Smart.

I don't actually mind the messages that much, I can just ignore them. Just strikes to me as odd that some of the people who are vocally whining about someone ruining the gaming experience are actively engaging in that very activity. I've got no complaints when I play solo, which is around half the matches. Hardly a surprise that the constant abuse can make the premades even more cloistered over time.

Premades have been this way since launch and no amount of QQing in the last 5 years have made the Devs take notice or implement changes.

What makes you think they will all of a sudden do something now? Especially when the pvp populations have shrunk so much.

If they implemented a premade vs premade only reg policy now, the queue times would increase dramatically.

Solo players who couldn't form groups or prefer to play by themselves would actually be the most disadvantaged because it only takes 4 premades to make an 8 man match or 2 premades to make an arena.

As an example (not to scale), if you only have 15 imps on and 12 are in premades and there are 15 reps on and 12 are in premades, then those premades will get constant games. But those 3 solo imps and reps will be stuck waiting for games.

If there was ever a time for a premade vs premade only reg queue, it was back during launch or not long after. Any change to that now would have affects that some of you might not have considered.

Bioware are not going to change this policy after 5 years.

The better analogy is pitting the New England Patriots against a team of randomly selected players from all the other teams in the NFL and telling them to go play 1 minute from now. If you don't understand why the Pats would have a huge advantage and would almost certainly dominate I won't be able to help you.

PvP has always been about equal competition and should be ability based. When one team has a gear or coordination advantage (or both) it is bad for PvP.

Don't have a group of friends to coordinate with and run war zones? Then don't expect to win all the time against people who do. Put in some effort instead of whining. Everyone can get the same gear , and skype is free.

Don't have a group of friends to coordinate with and run war zones? Then don't expect to win all the time against people who do. Put in some effort instead of whining. Everyone can get the same gear , and skype is free.

LOL, the issue has nothing to with me. Facts are facts and a premade simply has a much better chance to win especially when using voice chat against a team that needs to type.

So before you go assuming anything about me maybe take a step back and ask YOURSELF why you are defending premades. Maybe it is because of some shortcoming or lack of confidence you have in YOUR ability as you seem very defensive on the topic.

This ^.

Also why bringing back a 5 year old thread about this when matchmaking with premades has been the same since then. They didnt change it back then they will not change it now as it will only increase queue times...

Premades have been this way since launch and no amount of QQing in the last 5 years have made the Devs take notice or implement changes.

What makes you think they will all of a sudden do something now? Especially when the pvp populations have shrunk so much.

If they implemented a premade vs premade only reg policy now, the queue times would increase dramatically.

Solo players who couldn't form groups or prefer to play by themselves would actually be the most disadvantaged because it only takes 4 premades to make an 8 man match or 2 premades to make an arena.

As an example (not to scale), if you only have 15 imps on and 12 are in premades and there are 15 reps on and 12 are in premades, then those premades will get constant games. But those 3 solo imps and reps will be stuck waiting for games.

If there was ever a time for a premade vs premade only reg queue, it was back during launch or not long after. Any change to that now would have affects that some of you might not have considered.

Bioware are not going to change this policy after 5 years.

You are right on that Bioware probably will not change this anymore. You are however wrong imo on the effects it would have. I would expect a drastic decrease of premade teams.

Face it the average premade is mostly about gaining an advantage, if it weren't they would be playing team ranked.

You are right on that Bioware probably will not change this anymore. You are however wrong imo on the effects it would have. I would expect a drastic decrease of premade teams.

Face it the average premade is mostly about gaining an advantage, if it weren't they would be playing team ranked.

It would probably lead to Queue synching then dropping if they did not get on the same team.

It makes me happy deep inside my person that this thread continues to live on. The MadCuzBad in this community never fails to impress.

"You want me to actually be social and play with other people in an MMO in order to win? Thats f*cking ridiculous, I'm going to go write a very strongly worded letter on the forums about this!"

-signed

Autists United.

It makes me happy deep inside my person that this thread continues to live on. The MadCuzBad in this community never fails to impress.

"You want me to actually be social and play with other people in an MMO in order to win? Thats f*cking ridiculous, I'm going to go write a very strongly worded letter on the forums about this!"

-signed

Autists United.

1. Grouping in MMOs should be encouraged. Agreed.

2. PvPing should be on a level playing field. Most true PvPers would agree with this.

Most reasonable people would see how the PvP in this game is a bit off in it's implementation.

daily reminder that queuing as a balanced group is the only form of matchmaking that exists for warzones and if everyone did so it would reliably lead to more balanced matches

not only is playing with a group perfectly fine, it actually makes pvp better for everyone

Edited by yellow_

daily reminder that queuing as a balanced group is the only form of matchmaking that exists for warzones and if everyone did so it would reliably lead to more balanced matches

not only is playing with a group perfectly fine, it actually makes pvp better for everyone

I largely agree, but the way it is implemented in this game, being able to group and play randoms, doesn't improve the quality of the PvP experience for everyone.

And I will readily admit that there really is no solution at this point in this games life cycle.

Personally if I play too long in a group I get bored as most matches are so easy, if I'm constantly going up against a premade I generally go do something else as I have an aversion to banging my head against a wall.

Edited by Kawiki

ARH!

Ah! :D:cool: Much better.

But holy cow I find premades so endlessly frustrating. Our team got 3-capped and someone called out the other team for a premade, and took a lot of flack for it. But sure enough, it was Take A Seat with guys like Taytha and Peve-something and others. They even had a healer I think. Just so meaningless for both sides :(

Played 15 WZ in the last three hours and lost all of them.

I got a premade of 4 gunnery commandos in every WZ, that hasn't been fun.

Getting farmed all the time is pretty annoying (they were hunting us down the whole time).:(

People in here seem awfully adept at their premade spidey sense.

ARH!

Ah! :D:cool: Much better.

But holy cow I find premades so endlessly frustrating. Our team got 3-capped and someone called out the other team for a premade, and took a lot of flack for it. But sure enough, it was Take A Seat with guys like Taytha and Peve-something and others. They even had a healer I think. Just so meaningless for both sides :(

Instead of whining about TaS maybe you could get better.

Game just tonight

Game just tonight

This.

TaS shine when the other team can't dps or play objectives at all.

I remember one game (on Imp side) against couple of guys from disGrace (rest Rep pugs) with 4 TaS members on our team (rest pugs) and it was Queshball . I’ve expected it to go like this: one op picks up a ball on the ground floor and passes it all the way up to another op and it is 6:0 in the matter of 2-3 minutes because I’ve already seen it many times. Instead we got owned so bad (6:0 or 6:1) that one guy (not from that guild) wrote in chat “This doesn’t make any sense” or something like that. Maybe he’d expected an easy win, but he obviously was wrong.

I personally would be rather hopeless if I saw certain names on the other team, but these guys barely run premades or play regs.

Ok, this may seem like I'm bragging, I'm not, I'm trying to point out just how bad premades are these days and should not be considered a threat 99% of the time.

I played against and with multiple premades today and except for one they were all rubbish. It got to the point that if I popped on their teams, I left.

Most premades are complete rubbish. I had a 4 man premade try and kill me all match in Nova and didn't succeed. I held up those 4 at East by myself for 60% of the match. I got 3 solo kills from the match and nearly capped east as well.

Before you say it, yes they were bad, I mean really bad. 2 Mercs, 1 Sin and a Jugg in the premade. I killed both Mercs and one of them twice.... oh... and I was on my lightning Sorc... omg so bad.

The only premade all day that gave me issues was a 4 man Sent team that new how to focus and target swap. All 4 Sents on you at once is a death sentence if they know what they are doing. But I also went up against full pug teams with multiple Maras/Sents that knew how to play like that. So the challenge wasn't because of the premade, it was because they could play.

It got to the point that if I popped with any premades on my team, I just requeued because it was a lost cause trying to carry those guys.

I know in the past, premades have caused issues for some people and it was from those better premades that this thread spawned. But people QQing about these current premades is just hilarious. I can't say this enough, the premades are rubbish, just so bad. When you watch a 4 man premade on your team try and kill one guy all match while the rest of you are 4v7, it gets annoying.

Most of the premades are pve guys or non pvp guilds trying to farm components. I've only seen one pvp guild premade and they were trolling regs to grief.

My only advice to you guys having an issue is to find a pvp guild or some experienced pvper to practice with or get some advice.

Game just tonight

How is that suppose to help? You were not even fighting the same people. Perhaps not even the same server? Our team composition was most likely nothing like yours. Your post seem rather pointed and only intended to annoy me, so I will just leave you alone. Take care :)

How is that suppose to help? You were not even fighting the same people. Perhaps not even the same server? Our team composition was most likely nothing like yours. Your post seem rather pointed and only intended to annoy me, so I will just leave you alone. Take care :)

You're right. The only similarity between the two screenshots is that both had a TaS premade on the other side.

Rest of your post just proves you don't even know the names of the people that play PvP on your server.

Not the same people, but the same guild.

Edit: And with some of the guild on the screenshot takers team too.

Edited by Elusive_Thing