Would the outcry for "strange" SW races be silenced if...

Lord_Ravenhurst

No. Star Wars is known for a diverse universe of weird looking aliens since the original cantina scene.

People, don´t you get it? They will NEVER EVER add a wookie class story or a jawa class story lvl 1-50 because it simply does not work.

The only, absolute only possible workaround is by companions and having them for combat, never for story.

Heck before we have nothing but our human body type species, I´d take direct control over the trooper robot or the jawa ANYTIME.

They could silence the outcry for more playable races if they implemented more playable races.

-Macheath.

Exactly. The lack of iconic races outside of Twi'lek and Purebloods sucks. The players being told that we couldn't relate to other races was even worse. What makes a blue skinned, red eyed Chiss easier to relate to than a Rodian? Both are humanoid.

Exactly. The lack of iconic races outside of Twi'lek and Purebloods sucks. The players being told that we couldn't relate to other races was even worse. What makes a blue skinned, red eyed Chiss easier to relate to than a Rodian? Both are humanoid.

Because that Blue skin red-eyed Chiss has human facial features.

My argument against adding things like Wookie and Rodian is the fact that even in SWG they where extremely underplayed when compared to Human and what not. In a word I would not add them simply because there is no demand for them outside of the SWG crowd.

Because that Blue skin red-eyed Chiss has human facial features.

My argument against adding things like Wookie and Rodian is the fact that even in SWG they where extremely underplayed when compared to Human and what not. In a word I would not add them simply because there is no demand for them outside of the SWG crowd.

I've never played SWG, so saying there is no demand outside of that crowd is ridiculous.

It won´t happen because doing another ton of voice recordings and changing the stories so every NPC reacts to your e.g. Jawa character would be insane.

All they can do is put another skin on your human body character and call it a new race (e.g. Cathar cat makeup)

They could easily put Togruta, Nautolan, Mon Calamari, Kel Dor, Selkath, Rodian, Duros, etc. in the game without any dialogue issues and that would quiet a lot of the calls for new species. The stuff like Wookies, Jawas, etc. isn't going to happen, obviously... so people might as well give up on that. But they could easily add several new species into the game...and here's the thing, the game is built around alts....what better way to encourage people to create alts than throw a bunch of new playable species in there?

They could easily put Togruta, Nautolan, Mon Calamari, Kel Dor, Selkath, Rodian, Duros, etc. in the game without any dialogue issues and that would quiet a lot of the calls for new species.

Like what?

The stuff like Wookies, Jawas, etc. isn't going to happen, obviously... so people might as well give up on that.

I've never understood this argument. Honestly these would be the easiest because they'd require almost no voice over work. Just make like 20 -40 roar/jawa noises and apply them based on relative length to the convos. My concern is more who would want to listen to a Wookee constantly. If I played a Wookee or Jawa I'd probably do it on a class I've already done and space through conversations so my ears don't bleed.

Easy way to solve the convo issue for alien races. Subtitle your character's speech with a background of their random native tongue. No need to write any new lines off dialogue and probably no actors required either, use canned alien sounds.

Assuming the engine can handle the alien models, I would give them invisible armour. You can equip normal armour for stats it just doesn't display. Small price to pay and who wants a Wookie with armour on?

I suspect most people wanting to play an alien would be very happy with this solution?

I won't be happy until I can custom create my Ithorian.

They should have just taken the character creation from SWG.

Now those are some rose-coloured glasses. And I say this as a big fan of the old SW:G.

Personally, I'll be sated when we have a number of the humanoid (but far from near-human) species implemented - ones that work with current animations and cutscenes. Maybe toss in an additional customizable, non-story companion that includes a variety of extreme humanoid or non-humanoid species.

Edited by CelCawdro

Now those are some rose-coloured glasses. And I say this as a big fan of the old SW:G.

Personally, I'll be sated when we have a number of the humanoid (but far from near-human) species implemented - ones that work with current animations and cutscenes.

Are you kidding? SWG's CC was god tier compared to SWTOR's.

I hope you're not serious, I'm pretty sick of the different coloured humans. Now we get furry humans coming out....wow, how amazing /end sarcasm

Are you kidding? SWG's CC was god tier compared to SWTOR's.

I hope you're not serious, I'm pretty sick of the different coloured humans. Now we get furry humans coming out....wow, how amazing /end sarcasm

A few sliders that did absolutely nothing notable were not "God" tier. Aion, Champions Online or City of Heroes, you may have an argument. But SW:G's creation was terrible. The species variety was better, and I do like height sliders, but it was terrible in every other way.

The stuff like Wookies, Jawas, etc. isn't going to happen, obviously... so people might as well give up on that.

They could let us completely customize appearance of our companions, give them a nickname and let us switch to actually PLAYING the companions. That would be more than sufficient.

Main character takes over in dialogue scenes, problem solved, no new stories or new voiceovers necessary.

I want to play as Khem Val and have my "story character" as companion.

Edited by Lord_Ravenhurst

A few sliders that did absolutely nothing notable were not "God" tier. Aion, Champions Online or City of Heroes, you may have an argument. But SW:G's creation was terrible. The species variety was better, and I do like height sliders, but it was terrible in every other way.

The selection was the whole point of my post, that's why I mentioned the Ithorian. And I didn't say it was God tier, I said it was God tier compared to SWTOR's, which is 100% true.

Would the outcry for "strange" races be silenced if we could

1) rename our companions

2) redesign our companions in a barbershop

3) take DIRECT control over our companions (and basically use our main as companion) - i.e. do the switcheroo?

I´d love to run around as Khem Val, Droid, HK51, Wookie, Jawa (temporary) and have "myself" (my char) as companion.

Quick way to solve big problem?

Dialogue problems: Solved. Main character still the talking one.

New stories or voiceovers necessary? No. Still attached to main character.

id be happy with that, even if you minused # 1) as long as the barber shop allowed a choice of more than one fur color for Bowdaar.

Would the outcry for "strange" races be silenced if we could

1) rename our companions

2) redesign our companions in a barbershop

3) take DIRECT control over our companions (and basically use our main as companion) - i.e. do the switcheroo?

I´d love to run around as Khem Val, Droid, HK51, Wookie, Jawa (temporary) and have "myself" (my char) as companion.

Quick way to solve big problem?

Dialogue problems: Solved. Main character still the talking one.

New stories or voiceovers necessary? No. Still attached to main character.

1) Doesn't really work because their names are mentioned in the dialogue, just doesn't seem to fit. Maybe as an option when all their dialogue is complete and you can take them over in like in your 3rd point, but that eliminates them from having any future story.

2) They kinda have this in game a little with the 9 different looks. But we can't even get re-customization for our regular chars atm, let alone our companions.

3) Again this could break any future story possibly.

A cool feature, would be to basically unlock a given race of a companion when you max their affection or something. However, those races that don't speak "English" might require a bit of work, but not as much as fully voicing since allot of the alien speak phrases are reused allot anyway with different meanings.