The Fan Favorite Reward is “The Party Jawa”

CourtneyWoods

Thanks for letting those of us who actually play and pay for this game know about this...this is the 1st I've heard...I don't do facebook or twitter. May I suggest that in the future you post polls wherever you like AND post them HERE as well?!

To be fair, the announcement was posted here on the site with pictures of all three choices. They just had the poll itself on facebook for some reason.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To heck with Jawa’s pets and all of the vanity stuff that Biowear is trying to give us to appease us for us having to foot the operational costs for the free loading F2P people. These people are going to be riding on the back of my subscription and yours. Biowear if you want to appease all of your faithful subscribers give us another level cap (60 or 70), new planets that are subscription only, companions that are subscription only, “the wheel” space station for subscription only, and cold hard ¤ credits. :eek:

I wrote three separate replies, each laden with profanity as I tried to articulate myself without losing control while still getting the veritable litany of failures BW/EA had committed when it occurred to me, "What's the point? They won't listen, this is what the kiddies voted for, so we're stuck with this nonsense."

This is much larger than some stupid, useless Jawa with balloons, it's symptomatic of a larger problem that has been addressed ad nauseum but to go on would only encourage the trolls.

Bring on the Pandas.

I wrote three separate replies, each laden with profanity as I tried to articulate myself without losing control while still getting the veritable litany of failures BW/EA had committed when it occurred to me, "What's the point? They won't listen, this is what the kiddies voted for, so we're stuck with this nonsense."

This is much larger than some stupid, useless Jawa with balloons, it's symptomatic of a larger problem that has been addressed ad nauseum but to go on would only encourage the trolls.

Bring on the Pandas.

it's hard to react to "exciting" news like this without using profanity. I agree.

Edited by vandana_

BioWare and LucasArts are excited to announce that “The Party Jawa” has won our Fan Favorite voting contest. Over the past month, our Facebook Fans have had the opportunity to choose a favorite item to receive as a reward when Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ launches its new Free-to-Play option this Fall. Although it was hard to pick a favorite, The Party Jawa won by an overwhelming majority! The Party Jawa celebrates a player’s status as a veteran of the galaxy with a unique and fun animation. The Party Jawa will be rewarded to current or previous subscribers as of August 1 and who are active subscribers when the Free-to-Play option launches.

Read More

I voted for the carbonite thing... Party Jawa?! really?! :(

I just had a terrible thought . . . if these work anything like the galactic party bomb (or, whatever that thing is that forces characters in the area to dance), I am avoiding the fleet like the plague! :eek: Ok, technically like something worse than the plague, since having my characters randomly breaking into a ridiculous dance would be even worse than having them retching and feeling ill and periodically exploding in a painful ball of oozy green death. :p

Well, it is nice to get a freebie, at least; it will surely be cute. And I usually park my 50's on Coruscant or Nar Shaddaa anyway. :)

Edited by Gwena

I wanted the Dark side throne thing. :(

I'm one of the people who voted. At the time I submitted by vote there were but 3 options.

1. Rancor hologram.

2. Carbonite sculpture

3. Party Jawa

Now see, I'm willing to take the heat for my choice. I voted for the Jawa. Why? Because another usless hologram did not impress me, not one bit. Maybe I mis-read the carobite thing, but I didn't see anything suggesting I could turn myself into a block of carbonite, it appeared to be another junk item that might get stuck in my ship or something. That didn't impress me either.

Now, is a jawa impressive? Again, no, but the thought of a dancing, partying jawa did amuse me enough to get my vote.

Frankly, I wish the throne would have been an option, because it would be much more suitable to a Lord of the Sith to have a nice chair to kick back in, but it was never listed as a voting option for me. It was only one of the three things put in display to showcase the coming "Cartel Currency" items you may be able to acquire.

I am not surprised at all that the party jawa won, although I would have much rather gotten the throne or the carbonite. those are much more interesting to me. we already have a rhythmic augmentation droid. do we really need a party jawa too? Give us something to decorate our ships with instead of a random jawa-in-a-box.

EDIT: I also vote no to playing a jawa. that is just silly.

The Throne was not a choice for the facebook thing. It was a choice of 3 - A Holo Rancor Statue, Carbonite thing and the Party Jawa

it's hard to react to "exciting" news like this without using profanity. I agree.

Good to know I am not the only one who thinks that there is more important stuff to do. Stuff like this is nice to add when things are going well. But with the current state of the game, adding fluffy stuff like this is just a way of saying ''instead of fixing your problems, people, we made this priti dancing Jawa''.

/deep deep sigh.

I will absolutely never use the Jawa. The other choices? Much, much better.

Next time you have a poll, do it in game. You know, where the players are.

Agreed....wasn't one of the big player complaints (when the game first came out) that all the news was on Twitter instead of the SWTOR website? This is pretty similar...

Plus...Do we even know how many of the people that voted in the Facebook poll even play SWTOR?

Couldn´t care less. I´m paying my sub since release and on this poll I was on the outside looking in, because you decided to run this poll on facebook.

I don´t expect a perfect game, but as a loyal customer I want to be treated as one.

In this case I should´ve had the possibilty to participate on this poll on the SWTOR-Homepage and not being forced to other sites. Or you could´ve let me choose, which item I want. But hey, I´m just a loyal customer.

BioWare and LucasArts are excited to announce that “The Party Jawa” has won our Fan Favorite voting contest. Over the past month, our Facebook Fans have had the opportunity to choose a favorite item to receive as a reward when Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ launches its new Free-to-Play option this Fall. Although it was hard to pick a favorite, The Party Jawa won by an overwhelming majority! The Party Jawa celebrates a player’s status as a veteran of the galaxy with a unique and fun animation. The Party Jawa will be rewarded to current or previous subscribers as of August 1 and who are active subscribers when the Free-to-Play option launches.

Read More

Party Jawa sure isn't going to tempt me to renew my subscription and i seriously have started looking for reasons to stay. This isn't among them.

This is utter garbage. I have no desire for crap like this when they could be adding REAL things to add to your character such more armor's and customization etc. Not some lame "Party Jawa" that just stands there and dances with music. Wow.....how innovative and original. Utterly wasted. I'll probably be going over to Guild Wars 2 soon because of stuff like this. Leveling is boring and repetitive. hitting 50 is boring and repetitive, and all they can think of is to add a "Jawa Dancer" emote thingy? "face palm"

No dye for real customization. Including the fact that alot of green and blue armor looks better than most the high end armor in the game....yet you cant mod it so you can't look the way you really want. Your stuck with the UGLY Rakata/Columni gear or trying to find decent Orange gear. Ohh, and the PVP gear takes forever to get Valor to 70 so you can craft it, since that's one of the only armor's that looks half way decent, and your Valor is not Legacy based so you have to waist days and days of your life earning Valor to 70 for ever freakin' character. Over and over. Fail!!! One of the stupidest things I have ever seen in a game. Did Bioware not understand that games are supposed to be FUN? Maybe fun to them is repetition and boredom. Not me.

No ship customization or character dwelling on capital world.

No furthering character marriages. (so what was the point then of even having it?)

No furthering of your class story or Title you took weeks to earn. Yes, I am a Darth now who does nothing but the same few FP's/WZ's/Ops/and Dailies. Wow....I am ALL POWERFUL!

No, those things aren't important at all. Jawa Dancer and more WZ/Ops/ FP's that get boring and old after you do them 3 times are more important somehow....

Way to go Bioware. Way to go "community".

Here is a tip Bioware. Add ALL the options you had up, not just the pathetic Jawa Dancer hogwash. Let people who pay 15 freakin' bucks for the game a month have a CHOICE. Yes, what a concept heh? Would it really be so hard? No. I think not.

Edited by DarthVengeant

Well, i don't get it why they can't offer the 3 rewards as a free choice to every player itself?

Ok, i do "get" it... they are going to sell the other ones for real money soon... :rolleyes:

And +1 to keeping votes ingame, and not on a website, that some (me and i'm sure many others...) avoide for several reasons, or where "votes" or "likes" can be bought or made by fake accounts. :rolleyes:

Anyway, just an other good point to cancel the subscription again, and wait for some real improvements around here, had to make some space for GW2 and removed SWtoR from my HD too... not sure if i will install it again after more "good" news like this one here. :p

Edited by Eisenschild

Couldn´t care less. I´m paying my sub since release and on this poll I was on the outside looking in, because you decided to run this poll on facebook.

I don´t expect a perfect game, but as a loyal customer I want to be treated as one.

In this case I should´ve had the possibilty to participate on this poll on the SWTOR-Homepage and not being forced to other sites. Or you could´ve let me choose, which item I want. But hey, I´m just a loyal customer.

I agree. I wasn't even aware of this poll until it was over and as a paying subscriber I would have liked to have been able to participate. I rarely visit Facebook so I was unaware a poll was even going on. Why do these things take place anywhere other than the SWTOR website where your entire playerbase is present?

Why do these things take place anywhere other than the SWTOR website where your entire playerbase is present?

Sad to say more of the playerbase is probably on FB as opposed to this site/the forums. It's shocking how many people I've encountered in-game who know nothing of the site nor the forums- and yet they all seem to have FB accounts.

I can see I'll be spending even less time on the fleets. If the Party Jawa even makes an appearance on any of my toons it'll be out in the middle of the Dune Sea where only I can be annoyed by it...

...eh at least the other choices will inevitably be up for offer in the cash shop.