The Fan Favorite Reward is “The Party Jawa”

CourtneyWoods

Euh...

Those two statements seems to be a liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittle bit conflicting, no?

Not necessarily. It's like whoever wrote that part about the choice being hard sat down and thought about it for a second and said "really? the Jawa?...but we had all these other much cooler choices...oh, well, this is what most of them voted for. Give people what they may very well want" ...and that was that.

But seriously... don't agree with the choice. if it had been polled here instead of SOMEONE ELSE'S website :mad::mad: (especially FB!, really?!). I would have learned about this before and would have voted for something else. Carbonite thing sounds cool.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Party Jawas are great and all, but personally, I'd really like to see new vanity items that are more...useful? New sets of moddable clothing, weapons, speeders, titles and such would be amazing.

Although I'm sure there will be plenty of people just dying to pop their Party Jawas /cringe at every opportunity, I would love to see some of the development time that's being diverted towards vanity items go into making things like this and this happen.

I completely agree with everything said.

Lame... now the fleets are gonna be INFESTED with these things... <gets his jawa-repellent ready>

Sigh we all know Jawas don't know the concept of shower or bath... we all will have to use breathing masks on fleet... bah

Edited by Evensong

As someone who has absolutely no wish to splatter across the world what I had for Lunch or handover all my personal details to a US company bent on making a profit from them!

Whatever happened to actually asking the Players of your game with 'a as you login poll' on what we want as a 'cheap gimmick' to placate us when you go to Free to Play.

Rather than a random selection of Narcissistic Posers, most of whom I expect don't even play SWTOR!

As someone who has absolutely no wish to splatter across the world what I had for Lunch or handover all my personal details to a US company bent on making a profit from them!

Whatever happened to actually asking the Players of your game with 'a as you login poll' on what we want as a 'cheap gimmick' to placate us when you go to Free to Play.

Rather than a random selection of Narcissistic Posers, most of whom I expect don't even play SWTOR!

/thread

Hey, why did we have to vote through Facebook? Why couldn't we have a poll on the forums? Here. On the SWTOR website. The one dedicated to SWTOR. Not a social-networking site exclusive to members of that site.

Doesn't it seem a little bit unfair that if you "like" SWTOR on Facebook, you can make decisions about the game's upcoming content releases, but if you actually play SWTOR, have an account on the SWTOR forums and don't happen to be a member of Facebook, those content decisions are restricted from you?

Why is that exclusive? Because Facebook promotes popularity and money?

Come on, have some class. Man up and give your fans the choice, don't say, "Hey, well, if you like us on Facebook, we'll let you make a choice." You scratch our back and we'll scratch yours. I guess it isn't enough that we're already subscribed to your service.

I would rather see this game fixed with the many bugs at issue I think it is poor time management and total waste of developers time to play with all this fluff when we can't play the game without issues over and over

I agree. My merc has had the unload bug since Beta and it STILL hasn't been fixed. I don't care about a dancing jawa. Fix The Bugs!

To heck with Jawa’s pets and all of the vanity stuff that Biowear is trying to give us to appease us for us having to foot the operational costs for the free loading F2P people. These people are going to be riding on the back of my subscription and yours. Biowear if you want to appease all of your faithful subscribers give us another level cap (60 or 70), new planets that are subscription only, companions that are subscription only, “the wheel” space station for subscription only, and cold hard ¤ credits. :eek:

Or how about being able to buy/get more character slots? That new playible class is coming (hopefully soon) & I already have 8 toons so Im screwed.

This whole thing is rediculous, asking on facebook really?

And the party Jawa, this doesn't sound like something the players decided on, it looks like random facebook people who don't even play voted on that, because i can tell you SW:TOR players don't want a little dacing rodent.

BioWare and LucasArts are excited to announce that “The Party Jawa” has won our Fan Favorite voting contest. Over the past month, our Facebook Fans have had the opportunity to choose a favorite item to receive as a reward when Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ launches its new Free-to-Play option this Fall. Although it was hard to pick a favorite, The Party Jawa won by an overwhelming majority! The Party Jawa celebrates a player’s status as a veteran of the galaxy with a unique and fun animation. The Party Jawa will be rewarded to current or previous subscribers as of August 1 and who are active subscribers when the Free-to-Play option launches.

Read More

So let me get this straight, this stupid "party Jawa" was won by the fans on Facebook? now how many of those fans actually play the game? anyone can have a Facebook account and be a fan and register a vote they don't have to like or support the game.

Personally, voting should have been done solely here, where the paying customers are which have an interest in the game. Yet another Bioware/EA Fail....they can't even run a contest properly how is this game going to survive?

Edited by Reble-Dog-Squad

This whole thing is rediculous, asking on facebook really?

And the party Jawa, this doesn't sound like something the players decided on, it looks like random facebook people who don't even play voted on that, because i can tell you SW:TOR players don't want a little dacing rodent.

Does that mean I have to stop playing swtor now?

I dont see how people can be so annoyed with this.

This whole thing was never about the people that allready play the game, it was about getting new players.

They propably had a meeting about how to get a lot of new people to think about their game.

How many new players can you reach in the Swtor forums?

How many new players can you reach through Facebook?

Sure its not a perfect plan, but its not a terrible on either.

Just think of it like this: Do you guys want more people to play with or less?

Its win win, you get new players and a free item, what that item may be is more or less irrelevant.

(Also i would have voted for the Jawa, i like those guys, they sound amusing to my ears)

We all have to stop speaking for others like this. (by the way, the irony of that statement is not lost on me)

You do not know how many people that play swtor have voted on the jawa, and you do not know how many people would have voted for the jawa if it was forum exclusively. Maybe a few thousand people saw the news about the jawas and danced out of joy. Who knows? Its not very likely that all of them (or any of them) would have posted here.

All i am saying is: Chill and let the guys at bioware work their magic, i have a strong feeling that they will suprise us with something awesome!

Does that mean I have to stop playing swtor now?

Nice, putting words in other peoples mouths.

I dont see how people can be so annoyed with this.

This whole thing was never about the people that allready play the game, it was about getting new players.

They propably had a meeting about how to get a lot of new people to think about their game.

How many new players can you reach in the Swtor forums?

How many new players can you reach through Facebook?

With the amount of paying players that have left it would be more prudent to try and keep those that remain. how could anyone expect "Facebook" people be interested in joining star wars, if you want new players hit the conventions.

Sure its not a perfect plan, but its not a terrible on either.

Agreed.

Just think of it like this: Do you guys want more people to play with or less?

Its win win, you get new players and a free item, what that item may be is more or less irrelevant.

(Also i would have voted for the Jawa, i like those guys, they sound amusing to my ears)

This isn't about the number of players its more about the way they marketed the idea and then took a vote on Facebook away from the MAIN OFFICIAL SITE and therefore skipping over the customer base already loyal to the game and funding the F2P

We all have to stop speaking for others like this. (by the way, the irony of that statement is not lost on me)

You do not know how many people that play swtor have voted on the jawa, and you do not know how many people would have voted for the jawa if it was forum exclusively. Maybe a few thousand people saw the news about the jawas and danced out of joy. Who knows? Its not very likely that all of them (or any of them) would have posted here.

The main point is, Anyone with a Facebook account could vote therefore you will get anyone who voted for the sake of it with no interest in the game and no desire to subscribe or F2P.

All i am saying is: Chill and let the guys at bioware work their magic, i have a strong feeling that they will suprise us with something awesome!

Most people here have been waiting since early access for EA/Bioware to work their "magic" and so far they have not delivered.

Bioware is not interested in the current player base all they are interested in doing is focusing on bringing in new players.

That's all well and good if they get 500K F2P players to join the current player base, but not if the current 500K paying subscribers left, all that would mean is that Bioware would be left with 500K F2P players in stead of 500K Subscribers and 500K F2P Players.

This game is coming to an end! it failed before it launched ask any of the Beta players.

Bioware is not interested in the current player base all they are interested in doing is focusing on bringing in new players.

That's all well and good if they get 500K F2P players to join the current player base, but not if the current 500K paying subscribers left, all that would mean is that Bioware would be left with 500K F2P players in stead of 500K Subscribers and 500K F2P Players.

This game is coming to an end! it failed before it launched ask any of the Beta players.

You make the mistake of talking in extremes.

I doubt that more than a few people would leave the game over this. Surely not 500k.

The point is this: Apparently the 500 000 (?) players this game currently has is not enough to keep it profitable.

So pleasing those 500 000 players into staying is not enough.

Sure if they fix all the things they need to fix in order to keep the players happy, that would get new players interested.

BUT this takes time, and A LOT of it. What they are trying to do right now is staling.

Because lets agree the first 50 levels of this game are awesome.

So most people that are new to this game are bound to enjoy those first 50.

So if more people pay to enjoy those first 50, they can spend more money on developers.

More developers means faster developends means faster fixing and adding of stuff we want.

So step 1 would be getting more players.

That is why i totaly agree on facebook campaings, television campaings, hell i dont care how they get new players, as long as it works!

The problem is not really that the stuff they put out is bad (there are always people who enjoy it) the problem is there is to little content. Yet. Sure waiting sucks, but it will be worth it.

And if free to play gets enough bucks in to get us over the hill, i am all for it!

Yeah, I have very little interest (that is, no interest at all) in a Party Jawa. I would have LOVED the Carbonite, though...I really, really hope there's an alternate way to get it.

No, no, no, only some people get what they want, the rest of you gotta pay!

I disagree that this game is a fail since beta. I played Beta and although there were things I would have liked to see included , I still enjoyed the game . SO did 1.7mil other people.

Issue is the B/w takes FOREVER to put out Quality of life improvements let alone new content.

Also they appearantly have no idea how to listen to their customer base when it comes to fixing classes. Absolutly NO CLUE

I like the Jawa Bonus. On The Prophecy of The Five server we had 3+ straight days of just Jawa talk everywhere you went, I thought it was hilarious .. Longest troll ever