Blah blah blah - Will be available... In the cash shop

Nanglez

Sure. Now this is just one of the places it is mentioned:

Link Edit: Linked the wrong source the first time. Better now.

It has been mention quite a few times actually, but you'll have to find more for yourself.

This is actually the first I've seen of it. So who knows what will happen then.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to see where all this talk of a cash shop is comming from?? F2P isn't even out yet and people are complainaing about something that doesn't exist.. I don't get it??

It's called experience... We saw what these ''convenience cash shops'' do in other games: store-exclusive stat boosts, store-exclusive incobet-rezzes, store-exclusive regeneratin food...

And yes, those games also call wipe-preventing stats, food and rezzes ''convenience''...

This is also the interview where they say ''We had the biggest launch in history. Right now we are not only the second-biggest game in MMO history, but we are still the highest subscriber base six months out of any game in history.'' And now they are going f2p because their subscribers numbers tanked...

So, you miiiiiiiiight want to take what this guy is saying with a bag of salt!

Edited by Yogol

This is also the interview where they say ''We had the biggest launch in history. Right now we are not only the second-biggest game in MMO history, but we are still the highest subscriber base six months out of any game in history.'' And now they are going f2p because their subscribers numbers tanked...

So, you miiiiiiiiight want to take what this guy is saying with a bag of salt!

They've talked about this huge quest a multiple times. They even launched a new trailer for it. And just because SWTOR has seen a drop in subscriptions... that was all just lies? I don't understand your train of thoughts here. And are you saying he was wrong in his statements? Well, feel free to clarify since I have a hard time following you.

Edited by Trenter

It's called experience... We saw what these ''convenience cash shops'' do in other games: store-exclusive stat boosts, store-exclusive incobet-rezzes, store-exclusive regeneratin food...

And yes, those games also call wipe-preventing stats, food and rezzes ''convenience''...

"you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view". :eek:

I didn't say that anywhere :confused:, but I would say buying levels is something along those lines. Do you expect SWTOR to be selling levels? :eek:

The advantage in that case is that you don't have to level at all (and this is especially important on a PvP server), in the end if you can buy L50 then what is the point of ANYONE having to "level" to L50 in the first place?

You may as well just make the game level-less to begin with.

actually that would be a huge DISADVANTAGE on a PVP server. If you went from 1 to level 50 on a PVP server you would be PVPing at Valor rank 1. You wouldn't be able to even get the lowest tier of PVP armor. You would get face rolled like crazy.

actually that would be a huge DISADVANTAGE on a PVP server. If you went from 1 to level 50 on a PVP server you would be PVPing at Valor rank 1. You wouldn't be able to even get the lowest tier of PVP armor. You would get face rolled like crazy.

Not if you can just cashshop your PvP gear too. :)

Although in OPvP usually level is as much a decider as gear.

They need to profit = cash shop.

GW2 is F2P too, so I guess people still want to believe that game is flawless?

Cash shop sounds like fine idea, and they made it into something better then I though. I'll be getting rewards for playing and paying cheaper... Sounds good to me.

If you can buy levels and buy PvP armour at a cashshop, I can't imagine them suddenly NOT selling valour ranks too. :eek:

rofl so in your imangary world in which you have no basis for you beleive you can buy a fully level 50 character with max level valor and the best PVP gear in game???

you are really stretching. Which btw would skip the entire leveling experience which is what Bioware is most proud of. It's the thing they want people playing.

This is bad even for you.

rofl so in your imangary world in which you have no basis for you beleive you can buy a fully level 50 character with max level valor and the best PVP gear in game???

you are really stretching. Which btw would skip the entire leveling experience which is what Bioware is most proud of. It's the thing they want people playing.

This is bad even for you.

No, I'm saying if you can buy most of that there'd be no reason for them not to sell all of it. :)

In reality the vast majority of P2W are things like stat buffs and stat gear and stat pets.

Just shhh its like you guys want to coin it as a new catchphrase. You don't know what will be in the cash shop, and till such time as you do, EVERYTHING you say is speculation. Bunch of self entitled children -.-.

Whoa....why does that upset you so much? Cash shops ruin games imo. You can't have a sub+cash shop and run a 'fair' game...development turns to overly developing crap that sells, not 'updates' or adding features. SWTOR has enough that's lacking, that F2P doesn't help.

Just shhh its like you guys want to coin it as a new catchphrase. You don't know what will be in the cash shop, and till such time as you do, EVERYTHING you say is speculation. Bunch of self entitled children -.-.

This makes me want a backhand emote (not just for purebloods) and an "Entitled Little Brat" pet to backhand in the cash shop :D

Whoa....why does that upset you so much? Cash shops ruin games imo. You can't have a sub+cash shop and run a 'fair' game...development turns to overly developing crap that sells, not 'updates' or adding features. SWTOR has enough that's lacking, that F2P doesn't help.

That's the thing, if it is a sub rather than VIP account idea, they are still going to want to sell stuff to sub accounts, and the only way to do that is to make things very desirable..... which is a slippery slope straight to P2W. :(

DDO well lets see we have the xp pots the various number of persistant through death buffs, you have the various stat tomes that include a stat tome the covers ALL stats, the rez shrines that you can pull up at nearly any time, you the hearts of wood for reincarnations, the rest shgrines, and a myriad of other items that are. Please your fanboy cavalierness is rather sad.

wow nothing you said there is Pay 2 win. Not to mention you can buy everything in the store with out giving them a single dime.

LOL Jarjar, Stat tome that covers ALL stats isn't P2W? Ever a direhard fanboi must be able to see that a stat tome is P2W...

guess what?

im 31 , own a restaurant and i too have suffficient disposable income to do exactly that (wich i truly doubt you actually do but w/e)

the point is i DONT because that is saying exactly the wrong message to the gaming companieis, that its ok to nickel and dime me for entertainment like it was a tool booth, that its ok to produce mediocre content and charge me TWICE for it...

im sorry that you dont understand the point, and act like some self entitled gamer that thinks hes the next evolution of gamers everyhwere...never did i say that i want the entitlement of having everything without paying for nothing, but i simply refuse to "pay for a reload out of convenience" because thats EXACTLY what these companies are playing at, they make it tedious so you then pay for convenience....

im not going to endorse that, if you wanna act foolish and pretend they are giving you a good deal when they sell you things that should be part of the game you already paid for, then more power to you, -I- chose to not endorse that...

first off you know nothing about me so don't go throwing assumptions around

, that its ok to produce mediocre content and charge me TWICE for it...

just because i can pay for it does not mean i will buy it no matter what it is like, if its crap they wont get my money, if its good they will hence why there still getting a sub

but i simply refuse to "pay for a reload out of convenience" because thats EXACTLY what these companies are playing at, they make it tedious so you then pay for convenience....

you mustn't of played RPG's for very long the whole point of them is to be tedious from FF7 (breading choboco's to get knights of the round table) to skyrim (crafting 1000's of iron daggers to level up blacksmithing) the very definition of a RPG is tedious repetition so if companies says pay £1 for a reload, half CD or what ever and someone pays it that's there choice, no one is forcing you to do it are they, so don't complain when someone else does it

LOL Jarjar, Stat tome that covers ALL stats isn't P2W? Ever a direhard fanboi must be able to see that a stat tome is P2W...

Those tomes are also available in the game for plat is his point. So you can either grind them or buy them. You do not HAVE to buy them.

Yeah that's not so bad, but still not good.

Honestly to me buying from the store lessens my experence. I dont care if others do it but for me I'll play the game and get stuff that way. I mean isnt that the point of these games? I never understood people who would pay real money for stuff they could get simply by playing the game.

Honestly to me buying from the store lessens my experence. I dont care if others do it but for me I'll play the game and get stuff that way. I mean isnt that the point of these games? I never understood people who would pay real money for stuff they could get simply by playing the game.

now wouldn't you admit that the attitude of your post is indicative of someone that would maintain a sub instead of taking the f2p route?

now wouldn't you admit that the attitude of your post is indicative of someone that would maintain a sub instead of taking the f2p route?

You can play DDO never give them a dime and if you spend enough time you can buy everything. I do not maintain a sub because I can earn the stuff without paying. In SWTOR I will maintain a sub because it works differently than DDO. In DDO I earn points everytime I do about anything just by playing the game. Same as LOTRO the other f2p game from turbine.

In this game i cannot buy the content and retain access to it after I stop paying. DDO lets me do that.

Those tomes are also available in the game for plat is his point. So you can either grind them or buy them. You do not HAVE to buy them.

But you have to grind for them right? How much grinding? Is it prohibitive? Still sounds like P2W for me for the simple reason that if you pay you have a distinct advantage. Is it even possible to get all the tomes in the game without spending a rediculous amount of time farming? Back to SWTOR think about stuff like Warzone Adrenals; I could see them tossing stuff like that in the store. You can still farm commendations to get them; but if you are grinding your war hero gear you won't have commendations to spend on that. This becomes a super slippery slope as well; who knows how long it is before they sell ones with lower cooldowns... I wouldn't put it past EA

But you have to grind for them right? How much grinding? Is it prohibitive? Still sounds like P2W for me for the simple reason that if you pay you have a distinct advantage. Is it even possible to get all the tomes in the game without spending a rediculous amount of time farming? Back to SWTOR think about stuff like Warzone Adrenals; I could see them tossing stuff like that in the store. You can still farm commendations to get them; but if you are grinding your war hero gear you won't have commendations to spend on that. This becomes a super slippery slope as well; who knows how long it is before they sell ones with lower cooldowns... I wouldn't put it past EA

What you call grinding I call playing the game. They are random drops in the dungeons.