Blah blah blah - Will be available... In the cash shop

Nanglez

I don't believe there will be p2w items on the shop, what I do believe, is that the cool, the convinience, and the simply useful items that people will want to pay for will be on the shop and not given as drops or rewards in game. Or if they do drop ingame it will be at a token 0.001% droprate.. I've been around the block a few times.

+47 for ignorance. blissful, ain't it?

(edit: unless I missed a /sarcasm somewhere?)

Edited by nakoda

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually i'm playing and on the forum.

People spend money because they are stupid. Claiming the stat tomes or the res shrines are a huge game breaking bug is just stupid.

why is spending money on ingame items that give an advantage stupid?

If i had the option to spend 8 hours grinding something that would cost 20 bucks in the store, i would rather just buy it.

whats 20 bucks really? 1/3 a tank of gas, give or take an hour of work for most people, an order of Papa Johns.

time is the most precious thing in the world, something you will never get back.

the work hardly constitutes the benifit for alot of items, just look at the ungodly hours it takes to get warhero armor, a warzone is 15 mins you win you get maybe 120 comms which is 40 warhero comm, pair of gloves is 2000 warhero comms. The benefit is hardly anythign at all noticable in a warzone....maybe i would notice in open world pvp, but we dont that anyway.

I find it hilarious that over 1m so called "subs" deserted the game, reduced the income of BW by 80% since Dec, and people still expect the company to have the resources and poltical justification to introduce mind-bening content regularly. Expecially to their investors.

What will be available in the cash shop will be whatever makes a living for BW and grow this game at the pace we want. If people don't like what they see, they don't buy. If they like what they see, they buy. Pure demand and supply, simple KPIs to follow for every employee.

The only people who are afraid of the unwashed masses having even a +1 stat advantage over them are the elitists and purists from never never land who suck server bandwidth and QQ 100 times more than the average player. While conveniently failing to mention that with even a +1000 stat advantage in this game, u will be facerolled if you lack the skill of a good player.

If you want to blame something for the cash shop decision, blame it on the 1m subs that took their wallets away from BW. Get real guys, grow up, and try IRL if you ever happen to get out into the sun.

I find it hilarious that over 1m so called "subs" deserted the game, reduced the income of BW by 80% since Dec, and people still expect the company to have the resources and poltical justification to introduce mind-bening content regularly. Expecially to their investors.

What will be available in the cash shop will be whatever makes a living for BW and grow this game at the pace we want. If people don't like what they see, they don't buy. If they like what they see, they buy. Pure demand and supply, simple KPIs to follow for every employee.

The only people who are afraid of the unwashed masses having even a +1 stat advantage over them are the elitists and purists from never never land who suck server bandwidth and QQ 100 times more than the average player. While conveniently failing to mention that with even a +1000 stat advantage in this game, u will be facerolled if you lack the skill of a good player.

If you want to blame something for the cash shop decision, blame it on the 1m subs that took their wallets away from BW. Get real guys, grow up, and try IRL if you ever happen to get out into the sun.

I for one would rather not see MMOs become the "wallet scavenging" genre.

Blame the customers? Do you work for EA? How about blame EA/BW for not putting out what people wanted.

Skill is not the issue, the issue is when you would have won, but lost because of a P2W item.

The only people that could have stopped those 1 million leave is Bioware EA, they know the buck stops with them for better or worse.

Sounds good to me. I'd rather pay $50 than kill the same 5 people over and over again on 4 whole maps for hours on end. Thanks in advanced EA and BioWare :D

Pay $50 get your rank, realise you've now got absolutely nothing to do, stop playing. Sounds like fun! :D

I love how people like you immediately go for the class warfare argument. Unwashed masses? Elitists and purists? That's not it at all and if you would remove your head form your fifth point of contact for a few minutes, you might actually realize that the biggest issues people are having here are A) They don't want to lose a good game with good people and a good quality product (I know some people will argue the quality is already bad but that's for a different thread). B) The people here against it are, for good reason, worried that the little minor items like stat boosts for DDO for example is just the start and recognize that there is a good chance there will be more or it and even more egregious. Yes they don't want to listen to gen chat go into an endless stream of inane, childish, and irrelevant insults and non-sequitors. Because the fact is there are a lot of adults that play games like this so they can get away from their kids for awhile or get away from the BS at work and they don't want to come here and get innondated with that here too. Its their mini vacations away from the crap and I for one don't want to come here and have to deal with a lot more crap, and unfortunately with these moves to F2P you get that kind of crowd coming out in droves. Not all obviously but you do get a lot.

Skill is not the issue, the issue is when you would have won, but lost because of a P2W item.

The only people that could have stopped those 1 million leave is Bioware EA, they know the buck stops with them for better or worse.

and you saying buying levels is P2W so how can you lose to someones bought levels?

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/04/19/the-daily-grind-how-do-you-define-pay-to-win/

this might help you

No, it's pretty much when you can buy anything that gives you an advantage over that someone that doesn't buy it.

and how do bought levels give you an advantage? A level 50 is a level 50.

Of course like the OP said all of this is purely hypothetical as we have no idea what will be in the store? To me bought levels seem silly since BIoware wants people to do all the levels and story quest.

Edited by jarjarloves

How long would it take you to get enough Turbine points to buy everything, JarJar?

I don't know theres a lot of stuff i don't want in the turbine store. To get a stat tome in DDO its a little over an hour.

good job on avoiding the question too.

Edited by jarjarloves

I don't know theres a lot of stuff i don't want in the turbine store. To get a stat tome in DDO its a little over an hour.

Something you know all about. Pot meet kettle.

You didn't ask me a question, nor did I quote one.

But feel free to get snarky for no reason, if it makes you feel better.

Edited by Skoobie

I'd like to see where all this talk of a cash shop is comming from?? F2P isn't even out yet and people are complainaing about something that doesn't exist.. I don't get it??

Past behavior predicts future behavior. FTP is a one-trick pony. Just take a look at all other FTP, and then look at Mass Effect 3 multiplayer. The writing is on the wall for anyone willing to read it.

Sounds good to me. I'd rather pay $50 than kill the same 5 people over and over again on 4 whole maps for hours on end. Thanks in advanced EA and BioWare :D

And you will continue to feed the beast. Great job! Trust me, though, you are a minority, and EA/Bioware will never do what they are promising to do, because they have't done anything they promised to do yet. They will try and have another big payday with $14 dollar box-sales, then hope to milk some cash out everyone with cash purchases, and then they'll just hope to have enough money to run the 10 servers that are left while they move on to another title.

Edited by Rikalonius

In last 6 months people requested a lot of features that wouldn't be so hard to implement, but got ignored so far. Character slots, races already in game, legacy bank. You could say that they were busy with other things (like prepearing their F2P, or new content that's nowhere to be seen), but all those ignored features are just too perfect cash shop material - game is perfectly playable without them, and they don't give any real advantage, and most importantly, people want them. I would like them to be avaible for free to subscribers, but it's EA we're talking about. If it can be sold, it will be sold, no excepions.

Sorry but your defintion of P2W is not the same as everyone else. I would suggest you change your definition or dont bother posting in the discussion. You cant argue intelligently, about something, if your definitions are not the same as everyone else's.

Where is the term officially defined? You have a link? You seem so sure about everyone else's definition I can't imagine you can't back it up with atleast something.

what question did I avoid?

You still can't see that you intentionally try to change the subject. I've said it once already, I am not going to sit here and keep repeating it for you, you want to know go back and read or ask someone else to break it down to a grade school level and give you a box of crayons to respond back to it with. I don't care.

You still can't see that you intentionally try to change the subject. I've said it once already, I am not going to sit here and keep repeating it for you, you want to know go back and read or ask someone else to break it down to a grade school level and give you a box of crayons to respond back to it with. I don't care.

what? question? Do I think buying levels is Pay 2 Win? no I don't think that I already answered that.