Blah blah blah - Will be available... In the cash shop

Nanglez

awwwe! Don't be so nasty to poor JJL. The only reason he's not made the ignore list yet, is that his fibs and tall tales make for such good reading & laughter.

He really does put the fan in FB (Even if it's with Blinders on the whole time). :D

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You'll have to lay down the cash for him even if you do pay for your subscription. Anyone thinking subscribers are going to get something that'll sell as well as new companions without having to pay a premium are absolutely nuts.

Pure speculation and not supported at all by what has been officially stated.

Subscribers will continue to have unlimited access to The Old Republic, including new, more frequent content updates that Free-to-Play members will have to buy.

they were directly asked in an interview if HK was coming before the shop. they dodged teh question meaning that you will have to buy HK...

its going to be pay to win before christmas hits.i

They didnt dodge the question. They said straight up he could be free if before the f2p switch or could cost after if he isnt done on time. While you might not like the answer at least they are being honest. Possibly it could cost possibly not it depends. Thats what they said.

They didnt dodge the question. They said straight up he could be free if before the f2p switch or could cost after if he isnt done on time. While you might not like the answer at least they are being honest. Possibly it could cost possibly not it depends. Thats what they said.

Read between the lines there. I will say with a good degree of certainty that you end up seeing HK as an item in the cash shop in one form or another.

What is this blah blah blah you are speaking about and how much it will cost? Sounds interesting.

1000 cartel coins and you have to buy it to find out whats in it

Edited by xippo

What is this blah blah blah you are speaking about and how much it will cost? Sounds interesting.

I would not even mind honestly. Id just do the quest to get it cause thats what i would have done. As long as they integrate some of the fluff they sell at the shop to the game id be happy, better than what we have now(nothing).

You'll have to lay down the cash for him even if you do pay for your subscription. Anyone thinking subscribers are going to get something that'll sell as well as new companions without having to pay a premium are absolutely nuts.

I think this goes beyond the normal conjecture, right to "made up". There are numerous marketing reasons to not charge sub players for the HK, and to use it as a FTP purchase. It would, in fact, be almost a death blow to the remaining subs that will be the basis for ongoing revenue between expansions and additional content.

....oh, and people names if they do not agree with your mind projection fallacy does not make it any more real. LOL

I think this goes beyond the normal conjecture, right to "made up". There are numerous marketing reasons to not charge sub players for the HK, and to use it as a FTP purchase. It would, in fact, be almost a death blow to the remaining subs that will be the basis for ongoing revenue between expansions and additional content.

....oh, and people names if they do not agree with your mind projection fallacy does not make it any more real. LOL

I watched all this stuff go down in DDO and LOTRO, don't be surprised when HK comes to the cash shop as a pay for item even for the subs. The only way he won't is if BIoware makes it a quest series to obtain him, in which case the F2P people will have to most likely buy the quest pack in which case the subs would get it automatically.

The only way he won't is if BIoware makes it a quest series to obtain him, in which case the F2P people will have to most likely buy the quest pack in which case the subs would get it automatically.

You mean like the huge quest, requiring characters on both Imp and Republic side, they have said will lead to getting HK?

You mean like the huge quest, requiring characters on both Imp and Republic side, they have said will lead to getting HK?

Thats the first I've heard of a big quest requiring both Imp and Pub to get him. Please do show where you saw that.

you my friend, are a perfect example of why this kinds of things happen...

you that eat into the propaganda and somehow its "ok" to charge us for a clip on a fps game

because its easier to "fork out a dollar" than send the message that no , its not ok to nickel and dime us...

its these kinds of low standards that tells these companies that its ok to shovel ***** our way, and charge us for it..

you disgust me

in game just as real life people with cash to burn with burn the cash if am at a footie match and i want something to eat but don't want to miss the game, if i could ad pay the guy next to me £5 to go get the food for me so i don't miss any of the the game i would, why? Because i can

same as in a FPS if i can pay a a pound for a extra clip, Why? because i can

your going on like people who chose not to pay should have the same opportunities as someone who payees if that's the case what would be the point in paying at all

at the end of the day you get what you pay for if you want to play totally scott free your gonna lose out deal with it

Read between the lines there. I will say with a good degree of certainty that you end up seeing HK as an item in the cash shop in one form or another.

I didnt read between the lines I simply read the lines. It says it may or may not cost money. So until I see for sure what the deal is Ill just stick to that.

I didn't open this thread up to speculate what will be in the cash shop, i'm trying to stress that there's not much point worrying about it until it happens. Everyones just throwing around opinions of what they think will be in the cash shop, when in reality... we have like ... what a mask thats confirmed. Thats about it?

Thats the first I've heard of a big quest requiring both Imp and Pub to get him. Please do show where you saw that.

Sure. Now this is just one of the places it is mentioned:

We wanted to make the rollout huge, so it is a galaxy-spanning quest. You’re going to need characters on both sides, on the Republic and the Empire, in order to get him. It is the biggest single quest in the game by leaps and bounds.

Link Edit: Linked the wrong source the first time. Better now.

It has been mention quite a few times actually, but you'll have to find more for yourself.

Edited by Trenter

in game just as real life people with cash to burn with burn the cash if am at a footie match and i want something to eat but don't want to miss the game, if i could ad pay the guy next to me £5 to go get the food for me so i don't miss any of the the game i would, why? Because i can

same as in a FPS if i can pay a a pound for a extra clip, Why? because i can

your going on like people who chose not to pay should have the same opportunities as someone who payees if that's the case what would be the point in paying at all

at the end of the day you get what you pay for if you want to play totally scott free your gonna lose out deal with it

guess what?

im 31 , own a restaurant and i too have suffficient disposable income to do exactly that (wich i truly doubt you actually do but w/e)

the point is i DONT because that is saying exactly the wrong message to the gaming companieis, that its ok to nickel and dime me for entertainment like it was a tool booth, that its ok to produce mediocre content and charge me TWICE for it...

im sorry that you dont understand the point, and act like some self entitled gamer that thinks hes the next evolution of gamers everyhwere...never did i say that i want the entitlement of having everything without paying for nothing, but i simply refuse to "pay for a reload out of convenience" because thats EXACTLY what these companies are playing at, they make it tedious so you then pay for convenience....

im not going to endorse that, if you wanna act foolish and pretend they are giving you a good deal when they sell you things that should be part of the game you already paid for, then more power to you, -I- chose to not endorse that...