Official Q&A Thread for August 3rd Blog Post

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it in the realm of possibility that we could ever see an update/remodel of the character creation process that would include better choices for physique, options to adjust facial proportions, better identification of choices (hover cursor for # of option instead of guessing which "notch" you're looking for), separating jewelry/facial markings from face options, etc.?

Is it a possibilty to either implent some sort of punishment for people who leave warzones early (regular warzones), or maybe reward those forced to take their place in losing matches. As it is, if I come in late to a warzone, sometime's I don't get enough medals to get any rewards and it's a waste of my time.

Two related questions:

1. Will there be any end-game color crystals that will eventually be craftable via Artifice.

2. Will there be any more colors, for crystals, added to the mix. I, personally, would like to see a maroon, black, silver, and turquoise color crystals.

Any estimated time of arrival for extra character slots? Some of us would like to level more than one character of each class, but that isn't possible right now with only eight slots allowed per server.

For all us big PVP'ers out there when will we be hearing something on open world PVP?

Open world pvp is one of the most important aspects of a game for myself and friends and it is what keeps many people playing a game after the boredom of repeating dungeons and raids. can we expect to see anything in this Massively Overlooked area that is important to many many people ?

With respect to sage/sorc healing: I am very powerful in rated war zones if I have a tank, peels, taunts, coordinated dps, and I position my character properly. In less formal environments, the burst of some classes is very formidable. In some instances, two characters can burst me down in a single stun. Can you talk about how you balance healing given the plethora of variables that are out of our control. Edited by Heriana

Are there any plans on introducing something like "buy orders" or "open contracts" to the GTN? A way of advertising for services, asking for someone to supply a particular item for a set price?

While this may be impractical for everything in the game, there are certainly spheres where it would be fairly straightforward and useful, such as putting out a buy order for crafting materials.

Have you considered further developing more gear color customization? For instance adding color slots to the items, so that if I for instance wanted to wear the sith warrior War Hero chest, but wanted to be all black, I could?

In a recent interview, when Daniel Erickson was asked whether the Yuuzhan Vong would make an appearance in the game he replied simply "No". Although not a major invasion, the Yuuzhan Vong have been enountered previously during this era including once by Canderous Ordo. Can we still expect to see them in some form in the future?

If/when same-gender romance arcs (SGRAs) are made possible, will they be implemented retroactively? For example, will my female Operative be able to romance Kaliyo after the implementation (assuming I've not romanced anyone else), or would I have to roll out a new Agent in order to experience this?

In a previous Q&A it was stated that freedom of player customisation was one of the highest priorities for the developers. The incredibly limited match-to-chest option goes against this, as its in place solely to reward players for getting a chest piece. I have never seen people request chest pieces be more rewarding, but I have seen numerous people request more player customisation. With this in mind - when, if ever, can we expect a full armor dye system so that we can actually move towards being able to make our characters look the way we want? Its disappointing finding a chest piece you like then realising the only version of it in the game is red, so if i dont like that colour scheme its very frustrating.

I've noticed whenever i play that almost all of the Empire has a British accent. while the Republic speaks regularly. Is this consistent with the Republic like the United States and the Empire as the British or did it just happen that way?

My main interest is in how to get purple color crystals in the CURRENT game, but I think we would ALL appreciate at least hints, if not clear instructions, on how both factions can get rare color gems. I understand part of the reason is that there's a certain level of discovery that is valuable in the game, but I can't find reliable information anywhere on-line about how to get rare color crystals in the current version of the game.

The question is this: What rare color crystals are available by which means?

OR

Could you provide a list of what crystal colors and schematics are available to Rep and Imp, respectively, via crafting, World drops, Raids, Flashpoints, & PvP.

Thank you and keep up the great work on the game.