Official Q&A Thread for August 3rd Blog Post

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

??: What is the reason for items (specifically, enhancements and mods) which have different names, but are essentially the same thing?

For example: Agile Mod 22A and Agile Mod 22B are exactly the same. There are no art assets. The only noticeable difference seems to be that you can learn a schematic from one, and not the other.

Another example are certain enhancements which you learn from the crafting trainer have duplicates in statistics, but difference in name only.

Q. The Black Hole gear is in my opinion some of the most aesthetically pleasing endgame gear out there (at least for the Jedi Knight), but I'm unable to justify my use of the gear because of the lack of a set bonus. Why was the Black Hole gear not given a set bonus and can we expect this to possibly change?

I would like to know if the armor path can be fixed.

I will give an example to explain my thoughts.

I am a Shadow tank. I start doing Hardmode flashpoints I get a full set of columi Survivors gear.

Take the boots for example. Lets say it has endurance willpower defense and absorb on it..

Now i goto Hard mode EV and a pair of Rakata boots drop. I goto turn it in and the stats arent a direct upgrade stat for stat. Why is this? Why do I have to have a complete set of rakata to see the gains in stats also why are DPS armor higher in endurance then the MAIN stat like AIM STR and CUNNING WILLPOWER?

So basicly why isnt the armor upgrades virticle stat for stat upgrades instead of different on each piece.....

PLEASE answere with why was this done was it intended and if we could see a change retroactivly to unmodified armor or the ability to exchange armor for new corected armor.

What about open/world pvp? Epic bosses with epic gear and other?Guild ship, siege, guild abilities, dominate on server. This is MMO game, but i dont see the scale(mass) of the war, only local wz/rwz. You think about RWZ 1x1, 2x2? tournament? Or we(PvP/Hardcore pvp players) just waste time for waiting any content about this and never cant see then what we've been waiting for...

I've noticed that some vibroblades have main-hand / off-hand availability, whereas others are main-hand only.

Is there any particular rationale for this and could we expect these requirements lifted in order to further customize our characters?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Gruddy

Hello bioware, today i have a small question for you...

Q: Is bioware considering to augment the exp rate of swtor for a noob friendly environment and also, will the storyline be extended in the near future with swtor's expansion ?

Also, will there be any legacy storyline ?

Edited by GIMLISI

Can we get word on...

Paid transfers to servers of our OWN CHOICE?

Appearance Tab?

Barber Shop?

mini games?

more immersive crafting system?

Remove Weapon type restriction ie; Sentinel can use one lightsaber instead of Starkiller overkill two blades (So uncivilized)

Also PLEASE DO NOT RAISE THE LEVEL CAP! I do not want to regrind gear in order to compete, that is not content, that is a time sink.

Edited by Jmann_

Are there any plans to add a guild content into the game?

Guilds are bread and butter of the MMO... though there is no guild content in the game at all. Just by adding weekly guild quests - you can significantly boost some parts of the game.

i.e.:

- weekly PvP (RWZ, open world PvP)

- weekly space combat

- weekly PvE

...there is nothing we can focus on as a guild/community/allegiance. That is something which can form and keep up healthy community. Without it ... without a longer term goal/target ... ppl lose interest.

Edited by GorTh_CZ

With the reports of redundancies and poor investment returns a lot of people are starting to feel that the game is in decline and isn't long left for this world. Do you have a plan to try to turn SWTOR's prospects around or can we expect SWTOR to shrug off its mortal coil before 2013?

Will the Flashpoints such as Hammer Station and Athiss be coded to have a hard mode to give end game more variety?

With the number of very well geared 50s doing Flashpoints for black hole dailies are there any plans to have a 'nightmare mode' to make it more of a challenge?

Will you make it possible to rewatch companion conversations in the future without changing the outcomes? I love talking to all my companions but unfortunately I did not record any of them and my memory is not the best one. And some if not most companions have great voices and dialogue so it would be a shame not to be able to experience them once again.

Merc/ Commando communities have requested feedback on their AC's "DPS" design goals for PvP in many threads as of late. (Stating lack of Mobility/Utility as a problem for the AC) to the point of some being excluded from guild "Ranked" PVP teams. Can you comment on your view of this AC's DPS spec mobilty/utility in PvP and if it is inline for "ajustment"? Edited by Soljin

Will you ever sort the Economy out, At the moment current craft End Game is way off from any looted items, and only people able to compete in HM OPS are getting the benefit of being crafters, via schematics, crafting materials and gear to RE that drops in High End Game.

I appreciate that some crafting boxes were added to the Fleet vendor via Fleet coms, but honestly do you expect players to run Space, that is quite frankly, boring, extremely limited in variety and nothing more than a gimmick at best.

How are crafters supposed to compete with HM Ops players that benefit massively from huge credit profits via 26 Mods / Enhancements / Armouring that they are lucky enough to RE, or schematics they acquire.

Also when will some of the ridiculous credit syncs be removed from game, The community has voiced its opinion on Gear slot removable items being hugely expensive still (500k+ to change an entire set), and a cost that should not apply to basic character customization. Why are players forced to wear End Game items to benefit from stat bonuses, and then charged overpriced amounts to get a different look. SWTOR is the only MMO I have played that puts such a tremendous price on character individuality.

All classes have 90% base accuracy.

All classes have 5% base crit chance.

All classes have 50% base crit multiplier.

Why all classes have 5% base defence rating, but Jedi Consulars / Sith Inquisitors have 10% defence chance?

Its great advantage for shadow/assasin tanks compared with other tanks (jugg, powertech) which with 5% base defence.

I am curious as to the method that the Group Finder uses to assign Flashpoints/HMs/Operations to an assembled group. If a Tank, Healer, and two DPS characters all select "All HM FPs" in the Group Finder, for instance, and are matched together, how does the game determine to which of the options they are actually assigned?

A common perception is that Healers in warzones have a tougher time earning medals than DPS or Tanks. Is there any analysis that proves this out, and if so, can we expect any changes in the medals system to bring Healers in line with DPS and Tanks in terms of pvp commendations rewards?

I would like to know the reasoning behind having certain high-level mobs having far greater stealth detection range than is their aggro range.

This makes for ridiculous situations like pulling boss that charges for stealthed player and runs past several uncloaked party members without noticing them at all.

Also certain skills (like from stealth opener) are really difficult to use in these situations.