Official Q&A Thread for August 3rd Blog Post

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have 2 questions:

1) Why are there no Rakata or other advanced crafting for Cybertechs other than spaceship gear? For end-game, this makes cybertech suck, as I crafted better armor than I could get from dailies. Once I get "post-50" gear sets, I am only needed for speeders and space ship junk. I become of no real use to my guild. I can create Tionese earpieces, but they are Bind on Pickup -- schematics I get from doing Ops.

2) Why are armor/synth crafters able to craft Rakata gear, but it is Bind on Pickup? Once I create them, I cannot sell or trade them. I cant even send them to an alt -- useless. Why have a BoP schematic for 8k when it is useless?

You recently started threads on all the class forums, requesting "class feedback" from players. While I appreciate this involvement from the devs, can you tell us more about how you will be using this feedback, and when (if any) we could see changes/results? Certain classes have very specific issues that have been identified by the community. It would be nice to know that devs are really paying attention to our feedback...

Is there a more permanent fix incomming for the bugging chat? (Major lag or no chat at all) Especially on Tomb of feedon nadd it's bad and it mostly happen around prime time. So an update on this issue would be very nice ;)

Not sure if this has been asked recently but I'm curious and I'm having a bad case of TL;DR. Back in February there was talk of a mobile app or possibly a facebook app that would allow a player to send companions on missions while the user is offline. Is this still in the works and if so, is there an ETA on it yet? Six months is a long time. :D

It seems a lot work has gone into customization and as such I would like to inquire, if you per chance considered the option of animation customization, giving the players the ability to change how their character fights?

As of right now, most of the Black Hole is full of players zerg rushing to get crates for stage 2 of the Asset Liquidation mission. This has created a lot of frustration and plenty of hostility between players. Are there any plans to increase the amount of crates in the area, speed up respawn timers, or maybe even lessen the amount needed for the quest?

Doubt you will answer my question but anyway.. Lots and lots of people i talk to in guild are getting bored with End game, raids are on farm mode for a lot of people and our large guild hardly bother with them. There is no point to Ilum anymore, and war zones well lets just say people are sick of little bugs in there and my friends are leaving the game 1 by 1 coz of this, so My question is ' What plans have you got for the NEAR future for Open world PVP and fixing WZ bugs'? Edited by Henu

One thing I have been really disappointed in seeing, were the city wide planets such as Nar Shaddaa and Corusant. Most of the time we are restricted to tight corridors on these planets. I would love to feel as free as I am on Dromund Kaas, Hoth, and Tatooine! If any more city-scape planets are introduced, is there any chance of giving us some more freedom, or allowing us to see the scale of the surroundings beside during a speeder ride?

Will there be any plans to add in more gear customization options in terms of looks, unifying the gear color seems to have scratched the surface of something that can really shape the identity of characters in game. Will there be any new options, abilities and possibly social items to be implemented into the game like a toggle hood option for many chest pieces as possibly allowing us to dye the colour of our main chest piece to allow different colour pallets to be used in game, also will there ever be the possibility to pay credits to unbind gear from you?

Does the Inquisitor's/Sorcerer's Force Lightning deal unmitigated elemental damage, and does it thus differ from the Consular's/Sage's Telekinetic Throw?

I have searched for a long time, and many people insinuate that FL is elemental (tooltips notwithstanding) and thus severely imbalanced. I've found video proof to the contrary from January, but the video raises the question of expertise damage reductions, and people are still saying that it is elemental.

Could the devs please answer this once and for all? Thank you.

[[ Minor spoiler involved ]]

In the Jedi Knight story line Sel-Makor reveals that he made a deal with a Sith to give them enhanced power, was the sith he refers to in fact the Emperor and will we be seeing more story involving Sel-Makor?

Now that Bounty Hunters can Force Choke (Legacy), Jedi can use Rocket Boost (Legacy), and that the restrictions on crystal colors have been removed, are there any plans to remove the armor class restrictions (Smugler/IA, Jedi/Sith, etc)?

There is some very nice gear I would love to apply on my companions but cant due to that, and also sith stuff I would love to use on my jedi, and vice versa. Those armors already exist, and this would increase a lot the available sets.

In it's present state, the Legacy Family Tree holds little use except to amuse the players. Will there be any opportunity in future updates to allow players to show the Family Tree to each other, or even implementing shared Legacies, be it through alliances, character marriages, or whatever so that players can work together to establish one big Legacy? Furthermore, will there be any kind of updates introduced which will give any degree of interaction between the characters within your legacy? For example, using same faction characters as companions?

On another note, what sort of updates does the future hold for Guilds? Will there be an introduction of Guild Halls or anything of the sort, for furthering the presence and usefulness of Guilds within the game?

I love The Old Republic Lego sets and action figures that are available in the greater Lego Star Wars and Vintage Collection product lines. I was wondering how much involvement does the Bioware team have in TOR merchandise and how does something go from game asset to a product I can buy in the shelf?

My questions is this:

What was the thought process in segregating the two factions to such a point that we are unable to run into each other unless by random chance. Also When I think of open world PvP I think of being able to attack home worlds, and cities. What was the thought process on contested planets (other then illum)