Official Q&A Thread for August 3rd Blog Post

CourtneyWoods

Q: Would it be possible (in the future) to access the gear available to other classes, when rerunning repeatable heroic missions? For example, say I have a bounty hunter, but I liked the style of a specific heavy armor only available to sith warriors from a specific heroic mission, I'd like a chance to be able to earn that specific piece for my bounty hunter. It might improve incentives for people to revisit older content.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The given rationale for adding schematics for orange belts, bracers, boots, and gloves in 1.3 was to fill out the existing craftable sets so that people could have a consistent "look". However, the added pieces DO NOT MATCH, in most cases, the color scheme and/or graphical style of the previously-existing pieces in the sets.

Is this seeming discrepancy intentional? And if not, is there a plan in the works to fix it?

Many people have asked this question both in Q&A and in the forums at large, and to the best of my knowledge, nobody has gotten any sort of response or even acknowledgement. I know it's just aesthetics, but can we please have this addressed?

The server merges certainly improved populations and made it more lively and enjoyable to play the game in many ways. However, by now you must be aware of the huge lag spikes that happen while in flashpoint instances which can many times cause the whole group to wipe. I'm pretty sure this was never a problem prior to the server merges, that is, with a lighter player load on the server. What is being done, or is there anything that can be done, to fix these lag spikes?

I was j/w if you guys could include a save key bind feature to the UI. I play with a razer nostromo and every time i make a new character i have to set up my key binds...its a trivial little request but its the little things :)

Are there any plans for allowing training in different weapon types?

Considering weapons are really just shell you put your mods into, none are more powerful than the other, the system is skill-based. I would love to see my Powertech wield a Blaster riffle, my Operative a blaster pistol (like in all cinematics) my Vanguard a Techsword, my Mercenary a Techstaff..... you get the point, more versatility!!

Why are many bonus missions all follow the same Kill X of X. For example on Belsavis almost every mission has a bonus kill twenty Eck-sha. And on Voss ever bonus mission is kill Gormack. Is there some reason for lack of variety?. It gets repetitive fast and makes the leveling experience a chore.

Why the results of investigations about bugs/exploits are not shared with us? Won't showing that bans are happening will force people to not use cheates or abuse the bugs/exploits?

1. With the impending release of a competitor's expansion coming at the end of September that will include 16 raid bosses on 3 difficulty levels, Can we expect to see some new operation content before then? and will it include all 3 difficulty levels or just 2 again?

The general consensus among players and theory crafters seems to be that Shield/Absorb ratings are mostly useless in PVP since they don't work against Force/Tech attacks. That being said, as a Kinetic Shadow I'm curious as to the intended role of those two stats in PVP and why the War Hero Survivors gear favors said stats? Edited by blackgoat

What is the rationale behind the orbital stations at the various planets? After the first one, they don't really add anything to the story other than another place to run through. The only in-game function they appear to serve is a physical location for the 4 character class ship portals.

Are they just so you have a plot reason for not having spaceports, as that's fairly irritating since they add load times during play.

I feel that the War Hero outfit designs, just for example, were very undesirable for a Star Wars type setting. The designs appeared reminiscent of a different MMORPG rather than SWTOR. One of the most powerful designers second to Ralph McQuarrie I believe, is Amy Beth Christenson.

Would you be able to share some of your thoughts on this subject, and if you now have a better idea of what type of designs we want to see in game?

I've noticed the only questions you seem to answer are those pertaining to new implementations of species, legacy perks, etc. This is fine and dandy but I would like a question on a more "serious" note answered. The imbalance in PvP is getting out of hand and we keep hearing you are working on it but I'm not seeing any results. Quite frankly I only play the game for PvP but if there is no intent to fix the issues at hand you will lose the PvP community (what little one we have.) Why is it that a team of commandos/mercs and sages/sorcs can dominate almost any team? All warzones, with the exception of Huttball, put rDPS at an advantage b/c they can spam AOEs on the node. Is there anything being done about this? Again, in the past you said you were working on it, i.e. the commandos ability to spam grav round, yet wz after wz I see it continuing to happen. How long until you fix this imbalance?

Instead of social gear or new gear, I would prefer to see a sort of armor dye system. People want to look different and regardless of any new armors implemented, the small pool of armor options still inhibit people's desire to look like an individual. The new social gear and unify color to chest gear is great but it doesn't do much to make me feel like I can differentiate myself from anyone else. Is there a chance that we will see this in the (near) future?

I have an idea for new content.

Have a Neutral Fleet, possibly funded by the Hutts, where both Imperial and Republic characters can socialize, gamble, duel in an arena of some sort, and buy goods from the Black Market. This could be a great way to loosen the grip on the restrictions of Factions.

One of the things I miss about KOTOR is the presence of some small minigames with fun or usable unlockables. My question is why do almost all of the Legacy perks have a monetary attachment? Is there any way that some Perks (either present or future, related to Legacy or not) may be unlockable through other means, such as special fun side quests or mini games? Coming from someone who appreciates more of the story than the MMO factor, I feel like PVP is the only real "minigame" feature, one that I don't particularly enjoy considering casual gamers get destroyed by hardcore gamers.

Aesthetic appeal is very important to some players. Currently, advanced classes have a set weapon type and have no choice but to stick with it. With custom gear being so versatile, could we possibly see some kind of change that allows each class 1 additional weapon type? (ie Rifles for Mercenaries, Double-bladed sabers for Warriors/Knights)