Healing sucks in this game

SithAchilles

The PVP healing sucks so bad ...... lets Give more DPS and fk the healing in this game.....

I have a fully War hero'd out toon with extra to have almost the best healing gear.... w/ max expertise and all datacrons too..

a new recruit geared DPS toon can almost 3-4 shot DEAD thats just not right ,,,, You all need to re-think healing, like now. I should be able to laugh at recruit toons or even battlemaster toons for a little while, heal through their damage, but I fall the fk over really ***!!! this is why games come and go! nothing is even or fair cause makers dont understand how to even the playing field between all classes and gear driven play....... I cant be the only healer thats going to go Dps or leave the game if its not fixed!!

Although this is 99.9% a troll post I am going to take this oppurtunity to state once again that healers are not some special Gods of MMORPGS who should be able to out-heal 2-3 dps on them. As it stands ONE healer can and do dramatically change the way a WZ is played out, even if they are bad.

I should be able to laugh at recruit toons or even battlemaster toons for a little while...

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is what happens when gear progression invades PvP. The moment you introduce gear progression into a PvP setting, you get "individuals" like this who believe they should faceroll other players simply because of what they are wearing. Players who barely know how to play their class but believe that because they grinded out top tier gear they should automatically win.

To the OP, your problem is simple. You think your gear is an automatic IWIN button. You are wrong. Improve your playing skills and maybe you'll stop "falling over" to recruits.

Edited by DocSinn

I'm getting 350k games all the time and war hero mercs and ops are a ***** to kill, and impossible to solo with guard. Sorcs are more susceptible to burst, but they can still tank me too. TTK is too low, no doubt about that, but if you buffed heals to compensate you would have unkillable healers.

2 healers and a guard (or two)? You're not taking them down without 3-5 people, and thats the way it should be.

Edited by Cavad

The PVP healing sucks so bad ...... lets Give more DPS and fk the healing in this game.....

I have a fully War hero'd out toon with extra to have almost the best healing gear.... w/ max expertise and all datacrons too..

a new recruit geared DPS toon can almost 3-4 shot DEAD thats just not right ,,,, You all need to re-think healing, like now. I should be able to laugh at recruit toons or even battlemaster toons for a little while, heal through their damage, but I fall the fk over really ***!!! this is why games come and go! nothing is even or fair cause makers dont understand how to even the playing field between all classes and gear driven play....... I cant be the only healer thats going to go Dps or leave the game if its not fixed!!

It's not the gear and the DPS.

I'm getting 350k games all the time and war hero mercs and ops are a ***** to kill, and impossible to solo with guard. Sorcs are more susceptible to burst, but they can still tank me too. TTK is too low, no doubt about that, but if you buffed heals to compensate you would have unkillable healers.

simply change the way the WZ trauma debuff works to a self heal debuff only - problem solved. you are screwed as a healer when you face someone and nobody is healping you but you can do your job well when the opposite team is ignoring you thats what it should be.

I think the healing is fine. Tone down the two overpowered classes, bring up the two underpowered classes with slight buffs and QoL changes and the game is looking good.

You're half right. The way to balance things if from the bottom up, not the top down. Bring up the so-called 'underperforming' classes, not nerf the so-called 'overperforming' ones. Using the nerf bat in response to bad pvp players is the main reason this game has been hemhorraging subscriptions.

Edited by darksidechemist

simply change the way the WZ trauma debuff works to a self heal debuff only - problem solved. you are screwed as a healer when you face someone and nobody is healping you but you can do your job well when the opposite team is ignoring you thats what it should be.

That would make healing OP.

It is fine the way it is, except maybe sorcs need a bit more survivability. Thats it.

I actually think that the healing/damage balance is quite nice at the moment. If damage output is nerfed, then people will compain about unkillable healers like it was before the introduction of augments and rebalanced expertise.

The main issue is that both healing and damage are too strong compared to health pools/mitigation and time to kill is too short : 3-4 damaging abilities are enough to kill and 2-3 heals are enough too replenish an health bar to full.

This means that if a healer is focused, he dies in 2 seconds without being able to do anything (not fun!). If he is left alone, his team will get a huge advantage over the opposition (not fun!).

In my opinion, to fix the current gib fest that is pvp, Bioware should introduce a pvp debuff like in other games to reduce damage/healing output in pvp to the point where time to kill is more reasonable. Healers will have reduced healing output compared to health pools but they will have more time and freedom to heal without having to run like chickens while being focused by all the dps.

Of all MMO's I've played over the past decade and half, this game has one of the oddest healing mechanics, there are almost no other game with complicated resource management and healing... besides WoW, but of course SWTOR basically copied alot from WoW so that's obvious. At least in WoW, I could pop a mana pot when I'm OOM on my priest, and on my shaman I drop mana totem to regenerate while chain healing.

Healing isn't that fun in this game, it's very fun in City of Heroes, and in all system versions of SWG and in Tabula Rasa (medic was overpowered there), and on and on. Hell even in Planetside (regenerate/repair), where you actually gained something from doing so.

But that doesn't mean healing sucks in this game.

Edited by Sookster

In my opinion, to fix the current gib fest that is pvp, Bioware should introduce a pvp debuff like in other games to reduce damage/healing output in pvp to the point where time to kill is more reasonable. Healers will have reduced healing output compared to health pools but they will have more time and freedom to heal without having to run like chickens while being focused by all the dps.

That debuff already exists in-game. Its called trauma, but it only reduces healing done and leaves damage as it is.

I think the healing in this game is pretty good. Its not too overpowered by itself, but it is very strong in coordinated team play with a guard and taunts.

I do agree that the TTK is a little low. I'm not sure what the best way to address that would be. Buffing healing or nerfing dps might make healing too strong. Maybe just increasing hp pools would work.

Healers should not be able to tank threw 2+ DPS. You put a competent tank on a healer who knows how to peel and use taunts w/guard and then healers are magically OP again.

These crazy forums.

These crazy dps. Thinking it's fine that others need to rely on a certain role/class/spec to be viable while they can go out and lone wolf all day long.

Guard and taunts in PvP is a sh*tty concept and should've never been implemented.

Also, as someone already mentioned. Tone down both, damage and healing in PvP, the TTK we have right now is not even funny.

Edited by iphobia

Proving once again all you need is to put the time in to get the gear and gear does not equate skill..

I have a Sent when i was in recruit gear i would practice vrs my healing commando friend in RL and the best i could do was get him around 70% health.. he could out heal everything i had. When i got Full BM and if I could get the disrupts right i could kill him.. If you are are getting 3 or 4 shot deaths by recruit geared DPS I would suggest that you rethink your life and how you spend your spare time... Just saying!

Do yourself a favor and just roll DPS. If you think healing sucks in this game, then you have no business being a healer. Even after the nerfs, they are still able to heal through 1vs1 with ease, 2vs1 while half asleep, and 3vs1 in most cases. Healers are STILL the key to winning any warzone, and remain the most game-changing class.

Healing is not broken. You are.

Do yourself a favor and just roll DPS. If you think healing sucks in this game, then you have no business being a healer. Even after the nerfs, they are still able to heal through 1vs1 with ease, 2vs1 while half asleep, and 3vs1 in most cases. Healers are STILL the key to winning any warzone, and remain the most game-changing class.

Healing is not broken. You are.

If you cannot kill a healer 2v1 without even using interrupts, do yourself a favor and just roll one.

See what I did there?

Oh, I forgot the L2P part.

L2P!

Edited by iphobia

These crazy dps. Thinking it's fine that others need to rely on a certain role/class/spec to be viable while they can go out and lone wolf all day long.

Guard and taunts in PvP is a sh*tty concept and should've never been implemented.

Also, as someone already mentioned. Tone down both, damage and healing in PvP, the TTK we have right now is not even funny.

I did not say that if a healer does not have a guard on them they are not viable. The TTK is better than it was in 1.2 but I agree it could still use some tweaking but with the bandaid fix to adrenals relics they will have to go into specific class nerfs and I just do not see them doing that.

I have no issue with guard being in this game and my only beef with taunt is that it should be tied into the tanking stances.

• 8 months later...