The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

We Love Huttball

cronpants

We love that Huttball challenges us, we do not want to stand guard of a cannon and yell inc. We want to burn our enemies and breath the fumes of their flesh dripping into the acid. We want to feel the excitement of stopping the ball carrier 2 feet from the goal line. We want to knock our enemies into the pit and /lol at their anger. Every time a goal is scored Giaratta the Hutt eats a human baby.

I Love Huttball.

Huttball is the most enjoyable and frustrating warzone all wrapped into one interesting package.

As a solo queue-er there's nothing that feels better then when a group of you all kind of clicks on the same page and without voice chat, pre-game planning, or even all that much in-game chat all just feel on the same wavelength and operate as a well-oiled machine. Fun to be accused of being "one of those stupid premades" when the whole team all came in solo.

The flip to this is that when you get a bad group of people nothing can go so wrong so hard and fast as here, and make you feel so useless by yourself (what good's a knockback if an idiot teammate allows himself to get lept-to. Can't stun/hold a mob in fire if they have three targets to pass to, or if a teammate already filled his resolve bar.

So I both love it and hate it. I feel like smart play regarding everything not dps (or heal) related gets me further here then any other warzone, but I also feel more at the mercy of my own teammates knowing how to execute or not.

Huttball is the most enjoyable and frustrating warzone all wrapped into one interesting package.

As a solo queue-er there's nothing that feels better then when a group of you all kind of clicks on the same page and without voice chat, pre-game planning, or even all that much in-game chat all just feel on the same wavelength and operate as a well-oiled machine. Fun to be accused of being "one of those stupid premades" when the whole team all came in solo.

The flip to this is that when you get a bad group of people nothing can go so wrong so hard and fast as here, and make you feel so useless by yourself (what good's a knockback if an idiot teammate allows himself to get lept-to. Can't stun/hold a mob in fire if they have three targets to pass to, or if a teammate already filled his resolve bar.

So I both love it and hate it. I feel like smart play regarding everything not dps (or heal) related gets me further here then any other warzone, but I also feel more at the mercy of my own teammates knowing how to execute or not.

Exactly this. In no other war zone will having bad players actually HURT you as much as in Huttball. Against a decent opponent, those bad players might as well count towards the enemy team's numbers.

Of course, when you get good team mates and are up against a good team is when you have the really memorable matches that are usually settled by whoever is holding the ball last.

My main is a scrapper but I rolled a guardian recently and played around with the class in 10-49 pvp. Now whenever I get huttball on my scoundrel it feels like trying to play in the NBA as a quadriplegic. For that reason alone the WZ is garbage, or at least the class balance in it is. Edited by Zepidel

Agreed. Hutball is by far the most challenging and most variable WZ. It beats any other existing WZ with lightyears when it comes to entertainment.

In fact i would pay my monthly fee just for Huttball if there was a few more maps.

LET'S PLAY HUTTBALL!

Exactly this. In no other war zone will having bad players actually HURT you as much as in Huttball. Against a decent opponent, those bad players might as well count towards the enemy team's numbers.

Of course, when you get good team mates and are up against a good team is when you have the really memorable matches that are usually settled by whoever is holding the ball last.

On the other hand, in no other WZ can 1-2 ppl make a huge difference if they know how to play properly - even if the rest of the team is mediocre imo =)

+1

Huttball still remains the only WZ I can single-handedly turn around and win. And nothing beats those buzzer beater wins. I have a few under my belt including one where I scored the tying goal literally at 1 second and for some reason the game gave my team the win (still didn't get any MVP votes because I'm not a healer but that's another thread). Its the worst for going up against premades but still my favorite.

THESE ARE THE RULES OF HUTTBAL!

2 TEAMS, FROGDOGS AND ROTWORMS, CHOSEN BY RANDOM DRAW.

ONE BALL SLIPPERY AS A GREASED HUTT.

GRAB THE BAL,L THROW THE BALL, GET THE BALL OVER THE OPPOSING TEAMS LINE ANYWAY YOU CAN AND YOUR TEAM GETS A POINT.

BUT, DO NOT KICK THE BALL!! HUTSS DONT HAVE FEET!! SHOW OUR SPONSOR GUIRADDA THE RESPECT HE DESERVES!!

anyone else announce along with baron deathmark when your at your chair waiting for the start?! :D

I used to HATE Huttball. Reason being in all honesty? Was because I wasn't good at it. I always felt like a liability and would always drop from the match. Then when I actually took the time to learn how to play, it is now my favorite one out of all of them. I love that the game can go either way at any given time. Just like Novare Coast. Civil War used to be my favorite. I can't stand it now cause you can get to a threshold where there is no way to turn around and win.

But I agree. We need more Huttball maps added. Some with different variables to it and that would be an epic win.

I play an Op and Huttball has been and is my favorite warzone. Both when I'm heals and concealment. It's nice to have a warzone that truly rewards teamwork and encourages people to play a role instead of trying to be the hero.