Terrible FPS issues and ability lag in Warzones.

zStyLezZxx

60+FPS on every planet, flashpoint, instance, etc... 20-80ms constantly everwhere. Soon as I join a warzone i get the worst ability lag and i see people porting around 20 feet at a time, but my latency is still like 33ms. *** IS HAPPENING?

Yeah pretty much the same BUT for anyone blaming my machine, it was fine like 3 days ago, now I'm getting small but noticeable issues like the ones listed above. I'm running a min of 60FPS everywhere else, in areas with far more going on than in a warzone.

It's not unplayable for me, but it's noticeable and it was fine at the start of the week.

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what most people would consider a decent computer is the people who purchased a premade dell, hp, or other computer from thier local bestbuy. This is not a good pc, sorry to bust your bubble.

Sooo...

What you're saying is that you're not actually reading the thread?

Ok, this makes me feel a little more confident. I'm also having the same problems in warzones. Good fps and hardly any ability lag anywhere except Warzones. A buddy of mine on vent said his was fine, so it's certainly not everyone. That's the odd thing. I have a fairly strong computer, and certainly hits all the main points in the "recommended" specs. Yet fps in PvP is aweful.

What's even stranger, is that I can run games that require higher system requirements with ease.

Tried my first pvp match with guild tonight. ................ wow...........

Been loving the game. I have almost hit lvl 30. been grinding crafting , treasure hunting at 350, armstech at 150 , scavenging at 200. Been having a blast. Had no clue how crappy pvp was going to run. This machine has been running skyrim on ultra graphics preset, assassins creed 4 on medium smoothly, mw3 every setting maxed, warhammer space marine maxed, .....swtor on high preset flawlessly.

Till pvp. at 7 fps. A friend helped me with tweek tips. Went in and checked disable visual themes and disable desktop compostition and run as admin in the compatibility tab. Made the game run a lil bit better in pvp maybe 15-20 fps in pvp. made it run incredibly in free world. Can it really be my computer? I have asus m2n-sli motherboard, nvidia 440 1 gb, 5 gb ram, 2.6 dual athlon , card over clocked at 932MHz core, 1864 MHz shader, 1933 MHz mem. Can even run higher if i want (cool and stable).

Is it time for a new machine? Or is a problem this bad really part of a 130 million dollar game? Oh well start saving up i guess :confused:

The horrible fps problem on Alderan could be solved so easily by allowing us to turn off the resource hogging turret effects and explosions. Why would you ever put something like that in a pvp area where performance actually matters? Or at least let us pick battleground so we can avoid it until it's fixed.

I was about to post on this.

Warzones lag hardcore. There is an utter lack of control over your interface functionality... it's absolutely terrible. I'm still enjoying the "new MMO" haze, but this is going to wear down the PvP community rapidly if it is not addressed reasonably and soon.

Ability queues take 1-2 sec @ 30-50ms and there is a constant delay in recovering from a knockback (which dear god, has there ever been another MMO with such an obscene amount of knockback??). I digress. I know nothing of the mechanics behind this, but I believe it has to do with the game running most of its networking functions (detecting player location/abilities/etc/etc) on the server side, rather than the client side of the player (such as WoW - one of the greatest functioning -- interface wise -- MMOs of all time. You cast your abilities, death grip people, stun people - it's all instant for a reason). This ends up causing a greater delay than your network-to-server connection actually monitors (ms/latency). If anyone knows the facts rather than theory, do share and please tell us why Blizzard can have a mega-smooth UI and ability queue system and BioWare cannot on a 2011 game.

Tried my first pvp match with guild tonight. ................ wow...........

Been loving the game. I have almost hit lvl 30. been grinding crafting , treasure hunting at 350, armstech at 150 , scavenging at 200. Been having a blast. Had no clue how crappy pvp was going to run. This machine has been running skyrim on ultra graphics preset, assassins creed 4 on medium smoothly, mw3 every setting maxed, warhammer space marine maxed, .....swtor on high preset flawlessly.

Till pvp. at 7 fps. A friend helped me with tweek tips. Went in and checked disable visual themes and disable desktop compostition and run as admin in the compatibility tab. Made the game run a lil bit better in pvp maybe 15-20 fps in pvp. made it run incredibly in free world. Can it really be my computer? I have asus m2n-sli motherboard, nvidia 440 1 gb, 5 gb ram, 2.6 dual athlon , card over clocked at 932MHz core, 1864 MHz shader, 1933 MHz mem. Can even run higher if i want (cool and stable).

Is it time for a new machine? Or is a problem this bad really part of a 130 million dollar game? Oh well start saving up i guess :confused:

It isn't your machine. The graphics aren't that demanding, there's just optimization issues galore and the fact that your graphic options are severely limited right now. Not to mention that the .inf file isn't very [newbie] user-friendly at first glance and the common person wouldn't really interact with it to manually change settings, or know where to begin. This first week of launch is showing the work that needs to be done :p

Edited by Xenoshark

Wow what a moronic 'advice'. Trolling much ?

Wow, what a moronic "reply." Try to use punctuation correctly if you're going to sound intelligent. That "advice," was simply an easy solution to most of everyone's problems. You play online for a long period of time, reboot or restart your game. It'll "refresh" your system so to speak. If you're lagging during w/z specifically, you need to seriously think about upgrading the computer you're playing on. I've yet to notice any lag on either of my systems. kthxbai

Wow, what a moronic "reply." Try to use punctuation correctly if you're going to sound intelligent. That "advice," was simply an easy solution to most of everyone's problems. You play online for a long period of time, reboot or restart your game. It'll "refresh" your system so to speak. If you're lagging during w/z specifically, you need to seriously think about upgrading the computer you're playing on. I've yet to notice any lag on either of my systems. kthxbai

Stupidity is strong with this one.

Guys need to chill, im sure they are aware of the problem. But stuff like that takes time. The whole "there is no excuse" complaint is selfish. Bioware cares very much about their game so im sure they have people working on it but they are not gonna say they will fix it because they want to run it through some test, get it to public test server and see if it's better for you guys.

The key word is patience. You only need to voice your concern and leave it at that. I've seen MMO's fix this problem over a short time span so it's just a matter of waiting.

Just my opinion really.

It may help Bioware if you post your computer specs too because that helps them narrow down the issue faster if they know where the problem is from a hardware standpoint.

Guys need to chill, im sure they are aware of the problem. But stuff like that takes time. The whole "there is no excuse" complaint is selfish. Bioware cares very much about their game so im sure they have people working on it but they are not gonna say they will fix it because they want to run it through some test, get it to public test server and see if it's better for you guys.

The key word is patience. You only need to voice your concern and leave it at that. I've seen MMO's fix this problem over a short time span so it's just a matter of waiting.

Just my opinion really.

It may help Bioware if you post your computer specs too because that helps them narrow down the issue faster if they know where the problem is from a hardware standpoint.

Paying customers want to hear from the people they are giving their money to. They want to know that their issues are being heard, and are being looked into. Remaining silent comes across as the devs being ignorant to the problem, or worse, ignoring their paying customers.

I think most of us realize that we arent going to have someone snap their fingers and fix the problem instantly, but as far as most of us know, this problem isnt something that the developers really know exists, let alone understands, because no official person has come forward to communicate with us.

I realise that my pc isn't newest but I'd like to know what's the problem... and what could 'casue the lagfest (despite 30ms) in Warzones for us, while the rest of the game runs smooth with little connection problems. I want to know what I should upgrade and what should I avoid when buying a new machine.

It's not just the skill delay - characters tend to 'teleport' and even my character gets stuck in the the open space, running in spot.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue