Terrible FPS issues and ability lag in Warzones.

zStyLezZxx

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always favor performance over quality. Tweaked the hell out of the game settings and my card, like picking 3rd quality texture pack from .ini file manually and overriding and overclocking almost everything on my laptop. I can get 70fps in some zones, and game plays usually around 40-50fps with a TL-56 and a 128mbs mobility hd 2600 , though of course it looks like "jedi academy" texturewise :D

Somehow in warzones this game manages to consume all the processing power, lowering fps to 7 as soon as the match starts, (40 fps in the waiting room with all players on my team around me) the reasons being totally unknown to me. I can't really come up with a valid reasoning for this.

Glad to see I'm not the only one with this problem. I even went out and bought a new video card (in retrospect i needed the upgrade) but it still did nothing for me in the warzones. Huttball and Void Star are manageable but Alderaan is impossible for me I just warp around till I'm dead =/

I run it on a m14x, most of the game plays pretty well on high at around 40-50fps. Drops down to 35-25 on the imperial fleet main city but in warzones ive played about 5. the snow level is just 5-10fps as soon as game starts and outside waiting area. though others played slightly better. i just dont understand coming of rift on ultra and having little to no fps issues there and runnin bf3 at 30fps on high settings, its just weird how unplayable it is.

Read entire thread and as a new player I am not encouraged.

I suggest, based on the number of people having an issue, it is likely one or more of the following:

1. Internet connections are not fast enough to handle the added packet intensity with PVP.

2. Code for the PVP areas has a major flaw, and or was engineered poorly.

3. Servers that manage the instanced war zones are under spec'd / engineered poorly.

4. Some other hardware issue like bad routers / switches attached to war zone servers.

5. Purposely gimped to discourage PVP at this time while they complete balance analysis.

6. All the above.

From my experience PVP is one of the areas where developers seem to always have the biggest and constant issues.

Hope this gets fixed or I too will not be playing for long.

i agree i got the game on the 20th and the fps issues are horrible, my PC passes all the recommended and minimal requirements and i have to set my graphics to low to be able to play in the world still with some odd fps drops here and there for a few seconds but warzones are completely unplayable for me the moment i get on the ground with the other players its like im a skeever on a stairway in skyrim.

nice to see that I'm not the only one with this problem,

the wargames just annoy me right now, takes me 1 second for my skills to actually get activated, and in open world my game runs fine with lots of npc's around me but in the pvp game the fps lowers ways to much :/

Its not even problem with fps

I keep noticing such a anoying thing every warzone i have terrible lags and not like fps lags or anything more like latency lags, and thing is my latency is constantly 30-40 so i dont see a reason why every single warzone i have a lags like i got over 200 latency???

i will never play this game again. this is only one of many problems with pvp. i dont think that half the problems they have are even patchable.

i guess this game will go the route of SWG. it's sad, really. sad that i spent 60 bucks, too.

The pvp itself is fun minus the fps issues. it gets slightly more intricate at higher levels, and i'm sure that will evolve quickly in future patches. But if this FPS issues doesn't get fixed, i can't imagine people taking the pvp seriously.