Terrible FPS issues and ability lag in Warzones.

zStyLezZxx

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i7 2600K at 4.0ghz

12gb RAM

2xSuperClocked EVGA GTX 570's in SLI

75-110 fps in game everything maxed

35-45 fps in Warzones.... 30ms average latency

BUT and this is a big BUT

feels like I'm playing at 800ms+ latency with the ability lag.

There are other issues - but let us start with this please.

Not had any lag issues for warzones at all really and I am running on an old system. I feel it all has to due with people running integrated graphics cards and generally bad/old/outdated computers to run this game. I base my claim on running this game on two different computers, so I have the perspective of both worlds here. One is a media based computer(it is old and outdated), and the other I built for gaming. I have found that your graphics card makes all the difference in the world for this game.

10-20FPS on a decent computer while in Warzones. This issue should be addressed in the first patch.

what most people would consider a decent computer is the people who purchased a premade dell, hp, or other computer from thier local bestbuy. This is not a good pc, sorry to bust your bubble.

I have to agree that the lag is extremely horrible when it comes to these PvP zones. I have a video card good enough to play at maximum settings in all TOR's competitors.

Just a few moments ago, I played in the Aldarran War zone and it was so terrible, I was easily defeated 1 on 1 against a Level 11 on my Level 21 Sith Juggernaught. It's unbelievebly embarassing, especially since I've been PvPing in MMOs since 1999 with Everquest. And right now it's very much out of the question to buy a high-end machine to play PvP.

So for now, I think I'm going to subscribe after the Free Trial is over.

what most people would consider a decent computer is the people who purchased a premade dell, hp, or other computer from thier local bestbuy. This is not a good pc, sorry to bust your bubble.

AMD x4 2.6 ghz

Redeon 6950

4gb ram

It's a quad core instead of six core processor and I could use more RAM but it's not a bad comp. I shouldn't be at 9-12 fps in heavy fighting.

Yeah except its a well documented problem.

Bump.

Running the game on a machine a tad below Recommended Specs and I am experiencing this problem at its fullest.

I'm actually in the process of building my new computer; I can only pray that the new beast will actually run this game properly. For the general public's' sake, FIND A FIX BIOWARE!!!!

Okay to the people that are saying the people with this problem do not have a good computer, you clearly did not even look at our specs. These are mine.

GTX 550Ti 1gb

5gb of RAM

AMD Phenom Quad-Core processor (2.8ghz)

Clearly, I should not be having ANY problem. I run 80+ FPS everywhere else BUT warzones on max graphic settings and then once I go into the warzones it drops below 20. This is NOT a hardware problem, and don't be the idiot to reply saying it is. Because all you will do is make yourself sound dumb, when you probably play on a laptop with 20 FPS everywhere else.

Intel i7-2600k Quad Core

8GB DDR3 1600MHz

2GB AMD RADEON HD6970

I built this PC to play Battlefield 3 on high settings. I get 60+ frames. I also get 60+ frames in Crysis 2.

In SWTOR warzones i get 35 frames, sometimes lower, with my latency never going over 50.

Explain that one to me.

Edited by SnakeBites

Glad to hear I am not the only one, I can run the game with no problems and I very much am enjoying the PVE content. However when i try and run PVP content my FPS drops considerably and I have massive ability lag. I have updated all drivers and even consolidated some resource hogging applications as well as reducing in game graphics to low in an attempt to solve this on my end .. nothing helps or even hints at improving this issue. Please fix Bioware I really like this game, I'd hate to toss it in the trash.