Official Q&A Thread for June 22nd Blog Post

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cutscenes: Could you add the star wars movie typical picture wipe transitions and change the small blue/yellow generic fonts for subtitles? Alien language alway used a bigger, specific white subtitle font in the movies.

Would add to the atmosphere, imho.

Edited by Lord_Ravenhurst

Loathe as I am to ask this but....

Will 2VR8's functionality as a healer be buffed in any way? Some classes (read: "sith inquisitor" and "imperial agent") do not get their healers until relatively late in the game. In the case of inquisitors, Talos is like the second last companion to be gained. As a tank assassin, not having a healer that long can really stifle leveling tank, but 2V is a pretty bogus healer because of gearing requirements (special pieces) and because he's not that powerful otherwise. It is doable to use the other, less helpful companions, but having the heals is almost crucial to the assassin pulling off larger groups. Will this be addressed in a healer buff to 2V, or even giving him another ability (like maybe a channel stun like mako)?

EDIT: If not for the above... Why does the music not loop (or completely fade into the background when it IS playing)? Can we have an option for that?

Edited by Sivenom

With the addition of the groupfinder feature, has there been any thought toward later adding a "mentor" or "level sync" system of some sort? I've recently had two friends take advantage of the 7-day friend trial, and one had subscribed afterward, but we're generally online at different times with a few overlaps. So, it'd be nice to be able to just hop on a character and sync down to them when I can, instead of having to level another character and trying to keep its level and progress consistent with my friend's. It would also help level 50s like me at Social II get more social points without doing flashpoints I might not want to do.

Are there any plans for allowing training in different weapon types?

Considering weapons are really just shell you put your mods into, none are more powerful than the other, the system is skill-based. I would love to see my Powertech wield a Blaster riffle, my Operative a blaster pistol (like in all cinematics) my Vanguard a Techsword, my Mercenary a Techstaff..... you get the point, more versatility!! And for those saying that it would not fit the lore or the actual content, think about all our companions; Kaliyo =blaster riffle, Malavai=blaster pistol, Vector=electrostaff, Torian=techstaff, Skadge=techsword......

One question, huh? Okay. Since this is what's been officially posted about server transfers:

...in order to provide a better gameplay experience for our players by ensuring population balance across the service.

In the blog:

That's why the new Character Transfer Service is important: it will improve the overall player experience by facilitating maximized server populations across the service.

Our aim is to maximize server population across the entire service and to enhance the gameplay experience for our players.

very few origin servers will be transferring to existing high population destination servers

When will this happen since all we are seeing, so far, is the total opposite?

A while back, prior to patch 1.2, we were given the chance purchase a number of color crystals, among them a rather pricey White Crystal. Has the dev team ever considered making the extremely rare crystals such as those become something like a Legacy item? I would say only have something like a White crystal be included, so as not to impede on the Artifice's role in the game. Edited by Parali
more than one question

Why are there only two levels of the pre-order black-yellow color crystal (one for very low levels that is quickly outleveled, and one for level 50s)? It seems odd to do this, since it strongly discourages players from using that color throughout the game, and I know I'm not the only one who prefers to stick with one color forever, since it's always been a part of every Jedi or Sith's identity.

If you're worried about the threat this would pose to Artificers (who make the mid-level crystals), here's a possible solution: have the pre-order vendor sell Black-Yellow crystal schematics of all levels that are Bound to Legacy. This would both encourage players to make multiple characters and ensure that only pre-order players can get the crystals.

If that isn't your concern, is there another reason players are "gimped" for trying to use the black-yellow throughout their leveling process?

Edited by SanguineSphinx

I am an endgame raider with Rakata + level gear trying to get other people gear so we can start running together. My ultimate goal is to do 16 mans and the Nightmare Pilgrim. I have many rare synthweaving patterns from ops drops and a guild bank full of grade 7 rare crafting materials...yet I am unable to make most people any usable gear. The crafting system still needs work. I would like to see...

-A filter function to sort BoP gear from BoE gear. (I have wasted so many grade 7 mats thinking some stuff was BoE)

-Items within a set (Dalarian, Energized, Exo, Exotech) should all be either BoE or BoP. As is some of the pieces are one and some are the other. And really if you have to run ops to get the schematic and them spend at least 3 grade 7 crafting mats that only come from ops to make it, shouldn't the item be BoE anyway?

Edited by ADonna
Giant text lol

Since the entire premise of legacy is drawing the connection between our characters, how do you feel about allowing classes perform moves according to their allignment (eg so that DS JC uses Force Lightning instead of Telekinetic Throw) or self-heal abilities of classes that we leveled up (eg IA using Seethe instead of Recuperate provided I have a lvl 50 SI)? Edited by gibmachine

Do you have any plans to rework the take off and landing cut scenes and their sequence?

Often my ship flies through a building or simply vanishes upon take off and the fact that my ship takes off and lands whilst i'm standing in the airlock is a tad strange.

With the Legacy system kinda promotes playing through the game to level 50 with several different characters. I have no free space to create any new characters after i have leveled them to level 50. I don't like to delete them, i would just transfer them but don't want my Legacy and unlocks. Is there any plan to let people choose to not have their Legacy and unlocks go with the characters being transfered?

Thank

Will we be seeing more character slots in the near future? As I know a lot of people would like to make more than 8 characters on the same server, as legacy encourages people to make lots of characters on the same server, yet the amount of character slots restricts how much we can do without deleting characters we have made.

I have a group finder question and suggestion:

Will group finder work with 16man groups, or can it be used to fill them?

Will group finder have a gear check system to insure under geared 50s are not getting

grouped in teir 2 hms?

I would really like to see.a ready check system especially for group finder.

Lastly id like to see a group finder for world bosses, that would be awesome

So this is a question that I hope can finally be answered in at least one way or another. How close are we to finally getting full spaceship customization? Like, outer hull color schemes, interior decorations, etc. Could this possibly be incorporated into the game via a legacy system unlock?