Will 1.3 And Transfers Save SWTOR?

TinyTC

i have recently returned, to find my server is a ghost town and that this problem is wide spread and without a general population this game wont be able to carry on,

my question is will 1.3 be enough to keep old players busy and enough to bring back old subs and encourage new players to join, because this seems like its heading F2P or closure.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i have recently returned, to find my server is a ghost town and that this problem is wide spread and without a general population this game wont be able to carry on,

my question is will 1.3 be enough to keep old players busy and enough to bring back old subs and encourage new players to join, because this seems like its heading F2P or closure.

The fact the EU RP-PvP servers are being screwed out of a free transfer, then no.

1.3 won't save anything. It will bring back people temporarily but they will see that its the same ole **** and logout and transfers will help but only time will tell if its enough to keep people from cancelling, at least for this month.

no one is getting screwed out of a free transfer, just have to wait till next week before it happens...I am in the same boat and not real happy about it. been waiting all week to either get more people or join more people. Frustrating to say the least. But we haven't been screwed yet.

The fact the EU RP-PvP servers are being screwed out of a free transfer, then no.

All 50 of you will be sorely missed.

To answer the OP question: Absolutely, yes it will. It will at least stop the bleeding thats been going on for a couple months now.

Bioware took far too long to implement this, but to their credit - they've done it right! Much better then I expected...

lets just get these threads out of the way shall we?

"Will 1.4 save SWTOR?"

"Will 1.5 save SWTOR?"

"Will 1.6 save SWTOR?"

"Will the expansion save SWTOR?!?"

"Will 2.1 save SWTOR?"

"Will 2.2 save SWTOR?"

"Will 2.3 save SWTOR?"

"Will 2.4 save SWTOR?"

"Will 2.5 save SWTOR?"

That should cover us for the next couple of years. can we please stop making these threads now?

i canceled my sub...then noticed my toon got copied to the PTS. Logged on to the PTS and in 5 minutes was in a ranked warzone, then the q popped one after another.

Next day logged on the PTS again and tried the group finder tool, and was in a HM FP in about 6 minutes.

Logged into swtor.com and bought another 3 months of sub.

In my experience the premade ranked wz, coupled with server transfers (really this are just server mergers since they choose a many to one strategy) and adding in a lfg tool, makes 1.3 a big win.

All 50 of you will be sorely missed.

To answer the OP question: Absolutely, yes it will. It will at least stop the bleeding thats been going on for a couple months now.

Bioware took far too long to implement this, but to their credit - they've done it right! Much better then I expected...

Even if it was just "50" players why should they be left out from transfers? I can assure you that Bioware would get better press if they helped those "50" players than just leave the servers to rot in a dusty corner. They even maybe should have been thinking about those first, and solved that issue before they started with the rest? A more or less dead server is still a dead server, by your logic there shouldnt beany transfers at all. Who cares about the 20 people on a normal PVE server?

Edited by Jerro

* Best story telling in an MMO (Voice Acting is superlative).

* Wonderful companion system, very well done.

* Companion crafting would be cool if crafting were more worth while at end game.

- Every thing else is just mediocre to really bad.

Just not enough good to keep this nasty game going. Hope all you guys at Bioware land on your feet when you get fired. Good luck!

I said this in another thread. 1.3 is a bandaid to try to stop he hemorrhage brought on by 1.2. This won't fix anything because they are to busy looking at metrics and not listening to the customers.

I said this in another thread. 1.3 is a bandaid to try to stop he hemorrhage brought on by 1.2. This won't fix anything because they are to busy looking at metrics and not listening to the customers.

^ This. They have too many MBA's working for them (or people that want to act like they have an MBA). Just statistics to drive your market and no real market research. Terrible business managers.

Save? no because the game is far from dead. EvE online, Rift and others have way less subs and there not dead. When Bioware years ago told us there mark is no less then 300k sub's. More the better for them but as they posted the game is doing well if they have 300k and 500k the game is doing fantastic.

It is not going to be a WoW killer and it never was. Also remember they opened the game up to be more world wide not to long ago. We just can not see there servers. So what there subs really are we do not know.

Save? no because the game is far from dead. EvE online, Rift and others have way less subs and there not dead. When Bioware years ago told us there mark is no less then 300k sub's. More the better for them but as they posted the game is doing well if they have 300k and 500k the game is doing fantastic.

It is not going to be a WoW killer and it never was. Also remember they opened the game up to be more world wide not to long ago. We just can not see there servers. So what there subs really are we do not know.

Rofl. Everyone knows it's dying. I guess you didn't get the news about all these merges happening. Oh wait, they just did for the fun of it, and not because of DYING server populations.

Even if it was just "50" players why should they be left out from transfers? I can assure you that Bioware would get better press if they helped those "50" players than just leave the servers to rot in a dusty corner. They even maybe should have been thinking about those first, and solved that issue before they started with the rest? A more or less dead server is still a dead server, by your logic there shouldnt beany transfers at all. Who cares about the 20 people on a normal PVE server?

Because there's more then one PvE server in the region, and clearly they set up transfers specifically to go only from server type to server type this time around. Perhaps the testing proved cross server-type transfers problematic, and it would've set them back weeks just to fix. So they could either go forward with something that would handle 98% of the player population, or wait X amount of time and placate the last 2 % while losing more subs over the time required.

Realistically, what would you want if Bioware could do it?

Merge an RP PvP server into a PvP server?

a RP non-PvP server?

Jung Ma over here in the States?

You see, all four options (including the chosen one of do nothing) aren't going to make everyone happy. They'll deal with rage either way.

Edited by islander

Metrics are far more reliable then counting on a minority of forum whiners.

I do agree 1.2 (the Legacy specific stuff) is nothing but fluff, and should've been shelved until they got things actually in game under control first, though.

Maybe not save, but stop the hemorrhaging, yes.

Anyone who liked the game but quit to to pop should be very happy with transfers and with the LFG tool. I could definitely see the game regaining some lost subs.

Edited by Galbatorrix

Anyone who liked the game but quit to to pop should be very happy with transfers and with the LFG tool. I could definitely see the game regaining some lost subs.

If they manage to crank out Ranked Warzones for 1.3, they'll gain even more back.

'

Sure, but i don't think that number is all that big. We have no way of knowing, of course.

i started this from a hopeful stand point, im desperate to see things pick back up to a standard tey once were, its only because im not used to the whole baby-mmo process where the game finds an operating level it can deal with i guess it needs to chop the ton of servers it opened up for launch, cause i remember for the most part early access being pretty smooth. needs to get its 'MMO' part back to get the game flowing again.