Dailies are impossible

Ratatooey

You would think, but seems like the days of grabbing up people doing the same quests and daily quests, are almost gone, every one wants to solo in a social game, for some strange reason, I have offered to group when I know a few people are around, they turn down the offer or not even reply when I ask if you would like to group, unless I am sending tells to the only non-english speaking players on my server..LOL Community in mmo's are not what they used to be thats for sure and sad really /sigh

So far my experience has been pretty good. Invite 3 others into a group, fly through the respawn quests and hit the heroics. People will group, but you have to initiate it sometimes. I have gotten many blind invites doing dailies. I always accept. The only thing that may cause problems from time to time for me is when there is someone determined to speed run everything and don't wait for others to pick up loot etc. etc. In one case, I had someone not even fight at all and let other group members deal with the mobs.... In that type of situation, you just drop.

Overall, quite happy with the way things are going. BTW, pops will stabilize again shortly anyway.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I try to hit BH early in the day when it is less crowded. Some people seem to hate grouping, even when it's to their advantage. I mean how hard is it to hit accept when someone tosses you an invite? You KNOW you're both doing the same thing, and you should know that sharing the credit will be faster. Why would you decline the invite?

As soon as someone declines my invite it's game on. I just run around and tag all their mobs until they give up and leave. If you can't be bothered to be polite and helpful then i'd rather you just go away.

This game is unfortunately just not built to be a social game, everything is set up to be a competition. Luckily future mmos have figured this out and have made themselves much more social and inviting to helping people out.

*Edit* As a side note, BH has like no mobs in it at all as it is. As a single player going solo I can clear the BH area of all the mobs before any of them respawn. Heck I usually clear out the first 15 mobs and then I can easily go back for phase 2 and do that before they respawn and get in the way.

Edited by ZudetGambeous

Although I agree grouping could help alleviate some of it... the OP was talking about 52 people in Black Hole. That works out to 13 groups operating simultaneously. I can easily see how 13 different 4-man teams (assuming every single person is teamed) would step on each other's toes. And realistically, since you can solo most of the missions, you can't assume that all groups would be capped. At least a few people would be operating in pairs or groups of 3, so that's more like 20 or so groups. Even with no one soloing, there's really not enough content to spread among 20 questing "units", whether they're solo or groups.

Additionally, if BW wanted us to group for it, why'd they make it so you could solo the whole entire thing (other than the weekly) in about 20 minutes? It takes longer to form and organize a group than it does to just go do the missions solo.

I'm not a huge "Endgamer." I get to 50, I roll an alt. I have tons of alts, so it wouldn't kill me to be unable to farm Black Hole for credits, which is all I've been doing anyway. But it's extremely disingenuous to pretend that somehow if the 52 people in the OP's instance of BH would have all grouped, there'd have been plenty of spawns for everyone. I can easily see how 15 or 20 groups of people could practically wipe the entire zone of spawns.

I just did my dailies.

I did Ilum first and then Belsavis since they were pretty sparsely populated comparatively and then once BH died down I went out there.

Time management, people. Time management.

Tbh, I generally prefer to do dailies solo as I can do them faster on my own, I have the route down to a tee, killing the same mobs every time. Adding another person or 2 to the equation who doesn't know my route or routine will slow me down and make the all too arduous task of the dailies last even longer. However I can understand that with the new transfers this will probably have to change .

Same here. I solo my heroic dailies on my Jedi Shadow just fine. Can do them at my own pace..start and stop when I want to..etc. That is not any issue at all in the game. The real issue is getting grps to do Level 50 FP.s and OP's on my low pop server. But I am not moving.

Frankly I think a large part of the problem is that Black Hole's respawn rate is just under-tuned. The boxes in particular are definitely too rare/slow. You end up twiddling your thumbs if there're only one or two other people there at times. Edited by Lakhesis

Frankly I think a large part of the problem is that Black Hole's respawn rate is just under-tuned. The boxes in particular are definitely too rare/slow. You end up twiddling your thumbs if there're only one or two other people there at times.

That.

And the zone should be a lot larger. If they had 3 or 4x the number of spawn points for each thing (like those stupid holes you have to plug in the radioactive waste containers) this would be less of an issue.

Or, as someone said further up the thread, instance it at a much lower population size. 52 people in Black Hole means they're going to be banging off each other (so to speak).

I just did my dailies.

I did Ilum first and then Belsavis since they were pretty sparsely populated comparatively and then once BH died down I went out there.

Time management, people. Time management.

That's great advice for people without a job, who don't go to school, who don't have any extra-curricular activities or hobbies apart from this game.

Edited by Ignicity

Because a span of 2 hours is such a huge time commitment.

There was no mention of two hours. Paraphrasing the quote: "If it's crowded, come back later".

My point wasn't how long the dailies should take, but that you seem to think people have unlimited play time to be able to plan their dailies in the off-peak times. Peak times are peak times for a reason.

Edited by Ignicity

LOL I had the most bizzare incident today after I transfered.

First off for OP, yeah its a bit of a challenge to do the Corellia Black Hole dailies but I still did them all in under a hour with 42 people in area.

I didnt get nearly as many credits from kills and got none of the 3 chests normally pick up but the dailies were fine to do themselves.

Now as far as social playing. I posted this on my facebook page and ill just copy and paste here for time sake :)

EA needs to add social activities that promote social play cause it appears people no longer understand it, even when on receiveing end of kindness!

#3, Kev if your blind inviting, I decline those as well. Hate blind invites and think most do. Ask first.

That's so odd! I've had that a few times on my old server. I don't remember anything like it on WoW - or anywhere I've played. It's been on SWTOR only for me, but it's been the same thing - offering to pay me a lot. I had to get insistent with one - ultimate reverse haggling. Makes you wonder what's going on out there!

If there was some incentive to grouping when it came to "pick X crap up off the ground" quests you stuff in every Daily zone, maybe people would naturally group up in these zones and help alleviate population congestion. Somehow this doesn't seem like too much to ask from an MMO in 2012.

The game is much more enjoyable once you've freed your mind of the need to grind.

Yea.. get those daily commendation items without grinding dailies, get your items without grinding flash points, get your money without grinding mobs, get those rare plans without grinding world bosses, get your PvP set without grinding war zones...

OH Wait!

You would think, but seems like the days of grabbing up people doing the same quests and daily quests, are almost gone, every one wants to solo in a social game, for some strange reason, I have offered to group when I know a few people are around, they turn down the offer or not even reply when I ask if you would like to group, unless I am sending tells to the only non-english speaking players on my server..LOL Community in mmo's are not what they used to be thats for sure and sad really /sigh

Which is why BW should make multi player mini games, and other content which give people features to be social.

Are we suppose to all roll on a RP server to get social grouping behavior?

Maybe the solution for pvp servers, at least, is to have the areas modified so they encourage pvp and the rewards for pvp are just as high for questing in that area. Problem solved, imo. I rolled on a pvp server, but the problem with pvping in the open world is that it takes away from what I want to accomplish, so i would rather do something that adds value rather than a kill that does not give me anything but the personal pleasure of winning.

So by design the pvp in the open world makes people not want to pvp but rather do other more meaningful content even when in contested areas that have quests in them. This is wrong.

Why cant we have a system for pvp that rewards people for pvping jsut as well?

The problem is that it attracts griefers.

However, there are ways to deal with this.

1. Lets says a person kills you 3 times in an area. We can place a bounty on them and NPCs become more hostile towards them extending thier range when we are close to the 'griefer'.

2. Place a bounty. There are different ways to do this including mehtod 1 which is more of a balancing mechanicsm than a bounty system

3. THe more a person greifs a specific target the more they develop vulnerabilties to that target, and therefore making it easier and easier for the person to fight back,

4. Have items in the open world which are instant to interact with, and refresh quicker, and this is not a solution to griefing but at least it reduces the frustration by allowing people to accomplish content easier.

5. More respawn areas so a perosn can move from one zone to the next more easily and avoid griefing

6. Put more NPCs, and environments that can be used to counter PVP fights. For example running through passages and closing a door behind us and making the person to spend more time to open the door than for us to close the door

7. Have objectives in the open world which attract people/pvprers from quests objectives and more focused towards the open world objectives for pvp

8. Remove death timers, and armor repair for pvp, or NPCs with pvp fights

9. Allow for outnumbered side/faction to hire more guards to protect them on thier quests - making them close to invlunerbale but the benefit is provoking people into a fight they will lose and getting pvp rewards of money/exp.

I think having open world objectives as an alternative option to dailies would help to balance the problem of people over crowding at black hole. So that is probably the first and safest option... but would rather see options 1-9.

Edited by VegaPhone

Yes, BH is taking slightly longer to do now.

But the H4 in the black hole is taking a lot less time to do as you can put together a 4 man group very quickly, instead of the past where it could take 15-20 minutes before you can get a group together. So when you balance it out I don't think doing the BH is any slower. Especially if you group up with randoms to share kills and resources.

hhmmm i thought the whole reason for the transfers were so there would be people to group with and complete stuff?

There's always going to be some people who are never happy. They'll complain if the server is too light, and will complain if it's too busy.

I had about the same number of people in Black Hole today and didn't have trouble completing dailies there.

LOL I had the most bizzare incident today after I transfered.

First off for OP, yeah its a bit of a challenge to do the Corellia Black Hole dailies but I still did them all in under a hour with 42 people in area.

I didnt get nearly as many credits from kills and got none of the 3 chests normally pick up but the dailies were fine to do themselves.

Now as far as social playing. I posted this on my facebook page and ill just copy and paste here for time sake :)

EA needs to add social activities that promote social play cause it appears people no longer understand it, even when on receiveing end of kindness!

#3, Kev if your blind inviting, I decline those as well. Hate blind invites and think most do. Ask first.

I still get the same response a lot. I do a lot of crafting (I actually love to do it for some reason.) Most times, if I have the materials, I'll do it for free. Material cost if I don't. Where this came into play is in spell crafting in DAoC. People would charge some exuberate amount to spell craft even low level gear. To put it in TOR credits, it would likely be well into the 100mil area (yes, I typed in MIL.) I would charge cost, which ended up being around (in TOR credits) 5k at the very most for that high level gear. People just could not believe that I charged so little and, that cost was so little when everyone else charged such large amounts.

The trend continued on into WoW and, goes on here in TOR as well. Both for crafting and, helping people out who need quest help or just that little bit of beginner guidance.

As soon as someone declines my invite it's game on. I just run around and tag all their mobs until they give up and leave. If you can't be bothered to be polite and helpful then i'd rather you just go away.

Really? Now that is SO SOCIAL of you!

People might have a ton of reasons why they don't want to group at the moment: Needing to get offline in a few minutes, a fussy child requiring them to be afk every few minutes, wanting to test out new gear and how easy/difficult it is to do the mobs with it, waiting for mates to arrive to do group content...

It seems YOU are the impolite and unhelpful one. Is your pride so hurt if someone does not want to group with you, for reasons you do not even know?

I would say:

Daily areas should be double (or more) the size, they are now. For each quest there should be more than a few mob groups, and destroyable things. And spawnrates should be faster.

On my old server you just had to wait 10 minutes for BH H4 if you were unlucky. On my new server, you habe to wait 10 minutes for every destroyable. Its cool to have more people on a server, but like i said, areas need to be made bigger.