Dailies are impossible

Ratatooey

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When I can solo all the dailies (including Torvix) why would I want other people around when I can play at my own pace and not theirs?

Yet you want everything else to be at your pace. How ironic.

When I can solo all the dailies (including Torvix) why would I want other people around when I can play at my own pace and not theirs?

No one forced you to transfer and if you can solo Torvix, what do you need daily comms and BH comms for anyway?

However, please do post your tactics for soloing Torvix, so BW can nerf it. (I guess they need: more stealth detectors, no way to avoid or kite the last fight before puzzle-killing Torvix)

No one forced you to transfer and if you can solo Torvix, what do you need daily comms and BH comms for anyway?

However, please do post your tactics for soloing Torvix, so BW can nerf it. (I guess they need: more stealth detectors, no way to avoid or kite the last fight before puzzle-killing Torvix)

Here is a tactic for you. Be a tank, get gear, get gear for your healer, problem solved.

The trouble with Blackhole is, it is soloable. Seriously this place should be filled with mobs that call for a group.

So basically you are asking to make all of BH an Heroic4 area and Torvix/Shadow a miniOP?

No, thanks.

Edited by deusBAAL

Yet you want everything else to be at your pace. How ironic.

Did I say I want everything else to be at my pace? I solo them so I can go at my own pace, what other people do with their time is none of my concern.

Did I say I want everything else to be at my pace? I solo them so I can go at my own pace, what other people do with their time is none of my concern.

Well, then go at your own pace there not during prime time when it is crowded.

My server isn't on the list yet so I haven't transferred, but thanks for playing. Why does it matter why I'm doing the dailies? They can nerf it all they want, and I don't even have to do them at all so why would I care?

Well, then go at your own pace there not during prime time when it is crowded.

I hate doing dailies to begin with, only time I bother is when I'm running low on credits or need those last 6 comms to get a minor piece of black hole gear (bracer, offhand, belt).

So basically you are asking to make all of BH an Heroic4 area and Torvix/Shadow a miniOP?

No, thanks.

Yes I am, making it a h4 area just makes sense now. Anyway the mobs were killable with 102 rated kit, too easy to begin with.

Edited by DiabloDoom

hhmmm i thought the whole reason for the transfers were so there would be people to group with and complete stuff?

Pffft, those days are long gone mate. Sadly, no-one groups these days if they can have all the drops and cash to themselves.

Pffft, those days are long gone mate. Sadly, no-one groups these days if they can have all the drops and cash to themselves.

Which is just ignorant. You get much, much more drops per individual if you're grouped and not only more, but higher quality. People just don't know or refuse to understand it.

I think one team up and solo depending on many factors.

Black Hole... I do usually in about 15 minutes (heroic excluded), and I do Black Hole when I have little time or attention, or when I'm doing something else at the same time.

A think a longer chain, like Belsavis incentivates me more to the social aspect of the game :)

Still it's a fact that BH can get cluttered VERY fast.

If population is going to be this high for long, it will became frustrating, time or energy consuming for many. Tiring, unpratical... you choose the words you prefer.

Doing dailies is a lot like commuting.

If traffic goes up, it's a pain, and it's little confort if people tell you: "you should car sharing". :)

Area size, objectives, loot rules, respawn mechanics, are ALL part of a quest zone design.

And I think it is kind of obvious that the BH area was designed for a population of 10-20 people.

50 people at the same time, it's a red flag, and stays as a red flag even if we find strategies to work with that :)

I would never group for a quest that I knew I could solo.

I think most players despise grouping with random people and only do so because they're forced to in order to progress gear-wise. Obviously grouping with real world friends or family is different.

When I play alone or with close friends, I am almost always guaranteed to have a good experience. But when you group with randoms, there's always the chance that you end up with 'that guy' or 'that group'.

Now 'that guy' isn't always the same, sometimes its the clueless player that does not understand a fight despite having it explained to him multiple times and sometimes its the jerk that spams general chat about how awful you are because you stepped on a mine. There's alot of different variables for 'that guy' but there's almost always 1 in every other group.

Why would I ever voluntarily subject myself to that? I don't care if the quest takes me 2x, 5x, or 10x as long as I don't have to deal with 'that guy'.

Edited by SajmanPeetee

The answer is both obvious and easy. They just need to up the challenge quotient of the game so that you can't blithely solo your way through everything.

If they really want to make the game an excellent game, this would be true from day one. 90% of content should not be soloable, and the incentive should be geared to playing in groups. It should be *possible* to level by soloing but it should be boring and tedious; the fun should be oriented to groups.

*This* is what builds community and makes an MMO good, not being able to play a solo game in the midst of a crowd.

That worked when Everquest was the only MMO on the market. The second you make most of the content unsoloable, half the player base will up and leave.

Part of the community is the general chat, the warzones and the GTN. Not everyone wants to count on their fellow man to best a set number of fixed variables. That's the issue with PvE, you're either doing what you're suppose too or you're not. There's satisfactory and there's bad, there is no good.

Edited by SajmanPeetee

Grouping up will reduce the amount of money you make from drops and items, but it should also make everything except the "collect X items from mobs" type of missions faster -- sufficiently fast that you can get all 3 sets of dailies done in a pretty short time -- and if the "world destinations" gets fixed in Group Finder (for 1.3), you shouldn't even have to endure the multiple load-times involved in travelling between the 3 worlds (and especially the issue of having to load up Corellia just so you can go into the Black Hole sector shuttle).

That worked when Everquest was the only MMO on the market. The second you make most of the content unsoloable, half the player base will up and leave.

EverQuest also addressed that in a way by introducing Mercenaries about 4 years ago -- they are similar in function to SWTOR's companions but they are just NPCs that charge for their tanking, healing or DPS services.

I would never group for a quest that I knew I could solo.

I think most players despise grouping with random people and only do so because they're forced to in order to progress gear-wise.

Hello from Hidden Beks. My server is still not in the list but I continue playing. Last 2 days I made Belsavis dailies in a group with 2 different random guys (Yes, all quests with them ;) ). First day, the first guy was talkative and helpful, with 2 words pleasure playing ( I even add him in my friend list). Second day after I spam 3 mins for party for HC (Yes I can make them solo, and No I dont like to make them solo :) ) the second guy whispered me "invite". That was all from him. I asked a few times questions, asked him for buffs and so on but no reply. He just followed me played his char nice and didnt make any stupid mistakes but... Anyway I like to play with random guys to make random solo quest in parties because I like to communicate with other persons :). Just my 2 cents ;)

Edited by Esgard

I think the problem is in the preconceived notions about PUGs. I group with one of my friends, we level together and although sometimes we have to work around BW's little kinks (loot not applying to us both, etc ) we still have fun. However whenever someone ask to join us I always say yes and soon regret it. We normally end up with someone who makes it harder not easier. We two man all the heroics (or do them with guildies) but PUGs are awful. One example I had a guy on Hutta who came with us because he needed help in Fathara's palace then he came in my class quest and got angry when I didn't do what he wanted. So many trolls and people unwilling to communicate have made me not want to group beyond my guild. And I am truly sorry that it has to be that way.

Part of the community is the general chat, the warzones and the GTN. Not everyone wants to count on their fellow man to best a set number of fixed variables. That's the issue with PvE, you're either doing what you're suppose too or you're not. There's satisfactory and there's bad, there is no good.

Guess what, half the player base is already leaving.

hhmmm i thought the whole reason for the transfers were so there would be people to group with and complete stuff?

ding ding ding! I'm having zero problems so far on Fatman. I'm grouping with random people, here and on Ilum.

It's honestly kinda fun to go back to facerolling poisonous strategy in a group of 3 or 4, instead of having to solo it.