Dailies are impossible

Ratatooey

I'm glad the server is busier. A little more lag, that's okay. Can't complain about all the people.

But yeah, the Black Hole needs some upgrades because it's not designed to handle 30+ players per faction in it. The area is fine, they just need to drop more destroyable crates and NPCs and speed up the respawn timer a bit.

For one quest you need to blow up 4 crates. I think there's about what, 8 of these on the map? Now you have 30+ players competing for them so we just drive around and see nothing but destroyed crates... :p

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad the server is busier. A little more lag, that's okay. Can't complain about all the people.

But yeah, the Black Hole needs some upgrades because it's not designed to handle 30+ players per faction in it. The area is fine, they just need to drop more destroyable crates and NPCs and speed up the respawn timer a bit.

For one quest you need to blow up 4 crates. I think there's about what, 8 of these on the map? Now you have 30+ players competing for them so we just drive around and see nothing but destroyed crates... :p

4? lol i wish. Pretty sure it's 6

IIRC (currently at work) there is at least 18 spawn sites for those crates (from an Imperial perspective)

Edited by Ignicity

Well, I will say that some of the "gather" quests are poorly crafted for groups. An item should be able to be looted or gathered by the entire group not just one member.

This is one of the big problems with grouping sometimes you have to sit and kill the same mob 3 times just so you all can pick uo the quest item. Or kill the same group of guard mobs 3 times so you can all destroy the crate.

With the black hole I think they need to adjust respawn dependent on number of players in the area or make the area bigger.

Edited by Izorii

Some people seem to hate grouping, even when it's to their advantage. I mean how hard is it to hit accept when someone tosses you an invite? You KNOW you're both doing the same thing, and you should know that sharing the credit will be faster. Why would you decline the invite?
If you mean a blind invite (i.e., shoving an invite dialog box in my face without asking first via /tell or /say), I would decline the invite every time. Blind invites are just plain rude, and I have no interest in grouping with rude people.

No, I'm saying maybe you should stop declaring that people will enjoy the game more if they stop playing the way they're playing and play the way you play.

You're not the arbiter of fun. You're not the central authority of entertainment.

You're reading something into his post that isn't there. Look up the definition of the word "may". It might help...

It's a valid point. My server hasn't been offered a transfer yet, but I will take it when they offer it. All that to say, I think BW is overcompensating a little bit. We had a lot of dead servers, but that doesn't mean we needed to crowd everyone in the world onto 6...

I mean WHY ON EARTH did they ADD people to Fatman?!? Fatman should have been the 'population model' they set for other servers...

Just cause I don't want to live in the middle of nowhere, doesn't mean I want to live in Tokyo...

That's Bioware way... Teach you how to properly SOLO from 1 to 50 and then most people just solo endgame (at least what's soloable) and have hard-time to form a group for the rest.

Seriously, this singleplayer progress in the game doesn't help in long run at all. People don't talk, don't make friends and group buddies, don't trade, nothing... The game just doesn't teach you that. And that's why everyone need freaking group finder.

Really explain how ? I have had ZERO problems, I ask for grp, recieve invite, finish dailies. Explain why this is hard ?

It's hard because some people demand that everything bends to their personal preference of time and method because they are paying their moms hard earned money.

I don't know - looking back at how desolate the servers were before, it could simply be that people got used to soloing everything and just need to re-acclimatize to the fact that this is an MMO, not a single-player RPG. I basically stopped all grouping activity three-four months ago when the population on my server took a nosedive so I think it'd take a little getting used to.

It's really not complex. They just need to adjust the spawn rates. Dramatically for the crates & mildly for the mobs.

Personally I just don't bother with the crate quest if there are other people doing it currently, but I often play at off-peak hours so waiting 15 minutes makes no difference to me. I don't group normally cos I'm typically multi-tasking so I'll randomly afk intermittently (who me? doing dailies when I should be working?.. why.. um... no... absolutely not.. really.. ;) )

Edited by Lakhesis

This sounds more like a good thing. Dailies are boring. Make a group, do 4 quests at a time (separate so you can get comps out), make your 300K 4x faster. Problem?

If you're not within range, you will not get credit for certain objectives, thus your suggestion isn't overly helpful, imho.

Edited by Ignicity