A queue!

Chessrook

I suspect they have the cap throttled back because part of the servers resrouces are tied up having a flood of characters copied to it from 5 other servers. My guess is that these queues are a temporary side effect of the transfer process.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, they do. People complain (and rightly so) about waiting. If the choices are no wait to log in, and then wait forever for a PVP queue. Or wait forever to log in, no wait for PVP, and wait forever for world spawns.

Both scenarios involve people wanting to play their game, and not being able to.

True true, life is tough............. :,(

well some fears set down as it appears they did have some cap to open up as it has dissipated a bit.

Do still wonder how weekends are going to shake out and how the rest of transfers will be directed

Edited by Maxil

HAHA WOO!!!!!!!!!

I knew it, now they complain about BUSY SERVERS!!!!! Wooohooo!!! hahahaaa

Its a valid complaint, BW have moved too many origin servers to a destination if it is queuing already, not everyone who will move has already done so, they should have stopped transfers with at least a small amount of space to allow for later transfers to up the population.

The reason for doing the server transfers the way they did was to manage populations, to have queues starting on the 2nd day means they did it wrong. No one is going to complain if there are 3,500 players on the sever at peak time rather than 4,000 but they should complain if its hit 4,000 already.

The only way that this might not be a mistake is if BW can increase the population caps to remove the queues.

Edited by Arlbo_Nabbins

Just out of curiosity, how many fleet instances and people on each fleet are there (aprox.) when the servers say "full"?

Well I just transferred to Ebon Hawk and I'm staring at 278.,... wait 279... 281.... 297.... 292... this thing is fluctuating like crazy!

Ladies and Gentlemen, there is a queue to get into The Ebon Hawk server.

When was the last time we had a queue? This is a good thing!

Until we have the hordes of players screaming about how they want to play now, and this queue is horrible, and blah blah blah.

Lol. It says a lot about a game when people are cheering because they have to queue to play something they pay for. What a strange world we live in. Remember it was queues that got us into this mess in the beginning.

Do still wonder how weekends are going to shake out and how the rest of transfers will be directed

This has me VERY WORRIED at the moment as well. My server has not had transfers open up yet. So if the current destination servers are looking pretty full, so they designate a new destination server for the remaining origin servers, I sure hope it ends up just as popular as the other destination servers are tonight.

But then yeah, the weekend... I worry then that some queue's will be too long.

Time will tell, like it always does, but still, worry I do today :)

Well don't forget this is because transfers are all new etc. Everyone is getting their characters transferred and logging into their new servers.

Couple of days down the line the servers will be less crazy busy but just nicely full :)

I'm going to say they might have screwed up again. It is not OK to have queues. Most destination servers in NA are showing as FULL right now. They went too far merging everthing into one server for each type and region. And transfers just started. Edited by RAVM

I'm going to say they might have screwed up again. It is not OK to have queues. Most destination servers in NA are showing as FULL right now. They went too far merging everthing into one server of each type and region. And transfers just started.

It's ok. They'll just open free transfers off the destination servers. That's a solution, right?

Or they'll just experiment with upping the population caps, which they should have done before they rolled out their transfer plan.

I'm going to say they might have screwed up again. It is not OK to have queues. Most destination servers in NA are showing as FULL right now. They went too far merging everthing into one server for each type and region. And transfers just started.

This is what people said they wanted. Shut down all the servers except a dozen they said.

In all seriousness, relax. The situation will be resolved, just like it was during pre-launch.

Ladies and Gentlemen, there is a queue to get into The Ebon Hawk server.

When was the last time we had a queue? This is a good thing!

Until we have the hordes of players screaming about how they want to play now, and this queue is horrible, and blah blah blah.

Back in head start I did not like them. BUT now I am on a dead server i miss them. At less then I know people are on when I can get in.

This will all calm right back down. Four or five servers merged with Ebon Hawk, everyone is trying to find their old guild and set things up. I would be worried right now if there wasn't a queue.

And fwiw it's queue, not que. :rolleyes:

I'm going to say they might have screwed up again. It is not OK to have queues. Most destination servers in NA are showing as FULL right now. They went too far merging everthing into one server for each type and region. And transfers just started.

wrong, the population will drop down SOON,

the queue problem will be solved SOON.

Of course you're going to say it...there's always an old crazy man on the corner doomsaying about the end of the world.

Well don't forget this is because transfers are all new etc. Everyone is getting their characters transferred and logging into their new servers.

Couple of days down the line the servers will be less crazy busy but just nicely full :)

This guy is right. People are all logging in to experience the new servers and whatnot. After the reignited hype cools down, the queues will also cool down. The same thing happened with The Fatman when a vast amount of people migrated there.

Also, those estimated wait times are grossly exaggerated. I was told that my wait would be 25 minutes, but it was actually only about 5 minutes.

I disagree. Waiting in a queue is not a good sign or acceptable. I want another option than Ebon Hawke if this is what it's going to be like

Yeah this is not really a good sign. Especially when you think not everyone has transferred over yet. I'm sure some folks won't do their transfer until later in the week or on the weekend. Short queues could turn into un-playable queues. Unless Bioware has not yet raised the population caps. These might not be the super servers they talked about. So it might all work out.

I totally disagree. Queues are NOT a good thing. Having to wait in line and take a number to get a quest mob or a resource node is not a good thing. Having 50 people after the same mobs and chests in a very small Black Hole area is not a good thing. Having 5 roleplaying servers become moribund if not dead and one become overcrowded is not a good thing.

Five into one is simply ridiculous. Having two or even three desitnation servers would have spread the population out a lot better. The developers want to kill most of the servers - within 3 months they will merge the now very low-pop servers or just eliminate them and force-transfer the survivors.

Completely agree. I for one 'loved' ebon hawk the way it was. I could log on ANY time of the day without worry of that dreaded qeue we use to have in the beginning. I had a great guild where we do raids weekly and fp's whenever. But now.. I have to wait in an estimated 20min qeue?

Preferred my Republic Fleet of 60 people more.