Cel Cawdro's Ultimate "Community Desire for Species" Poll

CelCawdro

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what else is problematic? Tons of Chiss and Sith Jedi. I'm pretty sure Voss are fine.

The moment they decided to put Chiss in the game it was already problematic, they weren't supposed to be discovered outside of the unknown regions until the Clone Wars. So if you can assume that everything between the two cultures was completely forgotten over 3600 years, it's easy enough to believe that all knowledge of force users was purged. Because the problem is in their culture and dislike of the force, not that they're any less capable of being force sensitive than other near humans.

The moment they decided to put Chiss in the game it was already problematic, they weren't supposed to be discovered outside of the unknown regions until the Clone Wars. So if you can assume that everything between the two cultures was completely forgotten over 3600 years, it's easy enough to believe that all knowledge of force users was purged. Because the problem is in their culture and dislike of the force, not that they're any less capable of being force sensitive than other near humans.

One merely needs to make the assumption these these odd blue-skinned, red-eyed outsiders never identify their species to the Jedi (and they never do), and all these problems go away. :)

Well you say that didnt Darth nihlus take out the entire Miralucka race bar Visas

my votes are

1 Togruta

2 droid

One merely needs to make the assumption these these odd blue-skinned, red-eyed outsiders never identify their species to the Jedi (and they never do), and all these problems go away. :)

I wanted to think that, but then I played the Republic side and NPCs (and your own character) there clearly know how to identify Chiss and that they're allied with the Empire, which was disappointing. :p

No, he nuked their planet. Sure, MOST of them died, but there were probably tons offworld that lived.

He wiped out all life (except for Visas Marr) on one of their colonies, Katarr. Their (adopted) homeworld is Alpheridies though, so their species as a whole probably wasn't impacted all that much.

I'd love to see them put in a new "race" that opens up two or three recolored human-type skins. That is, have Zeltron, Nagai and maybe one other technicolor species all be unlocked with a single purchase - that'd add a lot of diversity and give plenty of people the races they're fond of without it feeling like a jip to be paying for just a new coat of paint.

For non-recolors, I'd love to see Bothan, Nautolan and Togruta

No, he nuked their planet. Sure, MOST of them died, but there were probably tons offworld that lived.

Plus, Katarr was just a colony world and their adopted homeworld of Alpheridies was untouched by Nihilus.

[EDIT: Where's the 'delete post' button?]

Edited by VanguVegro

Hmmm, I like some of the oddball races. However, I'd prefer a more common race to be implemented before the rare races. Which sadly pushes Togrutans and Nautolans almost off the list for me. So...

1. Nikto

2. Arkanian

3. Nautolan (argh, call it my one freebie "I wish" race.)

How many alien types were accepted into the empire at this time period. I dont know the TOR lore at all.

Are you serious? There are so many open windows inside of any storyline, to create our own storyline, they should care more about what "Players Want" and less about this. else there won't be a game to worry about this statement..

Come on Bioware.. This 1 new player species every 2 yrs ain't cuttin it!

1. Gamorrean

2. Bothan

3. Sullustan

4. Rodian

5. Wookiee

All these species should ALREADY have been in game since launch, and we should be voting on other species..

Droids. Body type 3 would be a Grievous model with 4 lightsabers. Pure awesome.

Funny thing about this is, bioware would probably frame it like this to make it easy. However, the body types should only have 1 that's humanoid anyway, the rest should be like R2D2, Power droid or R5D4 types..Then select color etc.

For example, Cyborg should be a set of applicable customizations applied to any race, not a distinct race unto itself. Cybernetic enhancements could be implanted on any race or species, sentient or otherwise, so why not simply make that part of the customization process? Similarly, white hair, white eyes, pink skin and hair,etc. could all be options for appropriate base character models.

So much of what you stated was interesting but the quote above is something I absolutely agree with. Cyborg should really not be a race unto itself. Theoretically, any of the playable races could have cybernetic implants...not just humans. Included with the new Customization process should be a way to allow cybernetic implants for all races available for play.

This kind of complaint has been around since closed beta, and it's precisely why BioWare is hesitant to add the more exotic species. They cannot fix these species, thus they fear the backlash.

I know absolutely nothing about game design/coding, etc. Yet, I find it hard to believe that something CAN'T be done to fix this issue so that there would be no backlash. I would hate for something like this to prevent the introduction of exotic species into the game. :mad: