Cel Cawdro's Ultimate "Community Desire for Species" Poll

CelCawdro

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

108 Pages and not one single response from BioWare. Thats sad. I still belive they ignore this topic... :(

Eh, we were featured on the community spotlight some time ago. It would be nice to have a few non-committal votes from the community team, however. I even sent a few invites to do so out in PMs. :p

I'm most looking forward to Cathar, personally (when we actually get them...) but for future races:

1. Selonian

2. Bothan

3. Echani

I'm sensing a theme. :p I do have a question for your outlier, though - what would you expect from Echani being made playable that the Human species doesn't already provide?

I think it's mostly the stark white colour that I find the most appealing... without the somewhat off-putting mandatory baldness that Rattataki have to put up with. Honestly, I'm not that big of a lore buff, I'm working more off appearances as far as my racial preferences go.

Back in beta, Twi'lek were a Republic-only species. It wasn't until quite late in the development cycle that the developers actually asked the testers if they would be able to tolerate that level of clipping on the Inquisitor - a class whose gear was not designed to lekku in mind. Ultimately, the testers agreed that more selection, particularly in that case where it was very lore-relevant, is always a good thing.

That is precisely what they should start doing now. Get those discussions going. Be honest with the shortcomings of the engine. Give the community an official voice.

If only they would just come out and say, "What speices would you like to play? We know from the hundreds of posts you have suggested the following 10 species **Lists species** to add these in game we would have to make some cut backs. Kel'dor will not show helmets or gloves are you happy with this? Mon Car Will not show Helmets or Gloves are you happy with this? Devaorians horns will disapear in helmets are you happy with this?" This way they could find out what players want and what they will put up with. As for Twi'lek I have a simple thought on this and that is they added a species late on but then did not warn anyone about the limitations if they had no one would be on the forums complaining.

108 Pages and not one single response from BioWare. Thats sad. I still belive they ignore this topic... :(

108? Well, I guess 'pages' are dependent upon settings then. So maybe not a great measure. Though I do agree with your sentiment. :-) (Your post is on page 36 here, when I view the topic, FWIW.)

**Lists species** to add these in game we would have to make some cut backs. Kel'dor will not show helmets or gloves are you happy with this? Mon Car Will not show Helmets or Gloves are you happy with this? Devaorians horns will disapear in helmets are you happy with this?" This way they could find out what players want and what they will put up with. As for Twi'lek I have a simple thought on this and that is they added a species late on but then did not warn anyone about the limitations if they had no one would be on the forums complaining.

Just want to add some to your words.

Why they can't make a list with spieces they can do?Something like: we can do this one,that one etc.And than we can discuss the limitations of spieces.Seriously,don't know about you,guys,but i can play without gloves,boots,helmets and others things if it needed for those spieces.And about cliping issues,we already have many things like twilek lekku,weapon through capes,capes through speeders,so it is not big issue,i guess.

Agree with you on that, but i think you get my point:i_wink:

I do. :) I'm just past the "what ifs" at this point. Methinks it more productive to focus on the possible, not to bemoan decisions that are now set in stone. I mean that entirely non-combatively.

I do. :) I'm just past the "what ifs" at this point. Methinks it more productive to focus on the possible, not to bemoan decisions that are now set in stone. I mean that entirely non-combatively.

And once again i agree with you:tran_eek:

That's why i hope one day i can play commando Kel Dor :D

And once again i agree with you:tran_eek:

That's why i hope one day i can play commando Kel Dor :D

Kel Dor anything. :) I'm working on an Assassin right now, just to unlock the emote and Legacy Force Storm. Need to emulate Plo Koon on my eventual Guardian. :)

Kel Dor anything. :) I'm working on an Assassin right now, just to unlock the emote and Legacy Force Storm. Need to emulate Plo Koon on my eventual Guardian. :)

My first meeting with star wars games began with jedi power battles for ps one and my first character was Plo Koon,since than Kel Dors are my favorite spieces in star wars universe,along side with Ithorians,i hope one of them will get into swtor someday:i_angel:

BioWare could start helping fix some of there mundane choices by allowing all species unlocks for one. Two, they should allow all customization unlocked as well. So if I wanted to make a Jedi Guardian with Tattoos from Bounty Hunter or Trooper I could. I'd even like to see species tattoos unlocked so I could make a human with those tattoo's and call them a hybrid, or allow that species to have human skin tones. I mean there is plenty already there for them to be able to port over to the other characters. This would help the groans of fans that want MORE customization let alone NEW species. Also, for the sake of all things species, bring back Species buffs from beta. Or update them, I mean they were cool, and not overpowered at all. Should would be cool to have a Zabarack that was tougher than the normal (insert race here) because they are supposed to be tough, they have two hearts, they should get like a health buff. Miraluka, Chiss, could have +1 to there stealth or seeing stealth. Cyborgs could have a choice of +health buff, +main stat buff, or something cool like that. Rattatakai could have a +dmg, +crit, or +acc. as they have grown up fighting all there lives. The possibilities to add race bonuses would add a little more love to the character while not over powering them.