Current Transfer Servers

Auck

A few weeks ago transfers WEREN'T EXPECTED UNTIL THE RELEASE OF 1.3. A week ago it was announced that they would START today. And STILL people are whining. Seriously what does it take to make you people happy? BW is exceeding all of my expectations, but im also a member of the REAL WORLD where it takes time for things to happen.

It's not whining. We all pay to play the game. We deserve to be pampered and to get things that we want fast without error. Think of all this negative feedback as critiquing BioWare. Next time before they do something like this they'll learn not to discuss it until it's almost finished. Of course with transfers they really did shoot themselves in the foot, should have been developed at launch slated for release a month after (Not saying the game was dieing at the time just that it's a basic tool for MMOs).

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny, I most have missed that entire blog post on server transfers which set out clearly how it was going to work...

Oh wait... I didn't.

Yeah because they totally said only 4 servers would be available on day one right... and they also listed when and how the rest would be handled in a timely manner right?

Wait... no they didnt do that my bad.

Good grief, some people need to chill out and be patient. Bioware stated in their developer blog that this would start out with just a few servers and then increase once everything was running smooth. I'm trying figure out how that could be interpreted as "mass server transfers" as many here are angry about. I would much rather it be done right than to rush the process and it turns into a complete cluster bleep, and we lose characters because of impatience. Breathe people, breathe. ;)

Patience???? THIS IS THE INTERNET!!!!! I demand that my self centered, egotistical opinion be heard by all!! AND ALL MY ISSUES BE FIXED IMMEDIATELY!!!!!

seriously people...its annoying.

... what they are doing today is A. exactly what they said they were going to ...

That's the same as saying fortune tellers are always right because if they say enough bland, vague, subjective statements they cant possibly be wrong. Same goes for transfer, regardless of what they did it would have been what they said, because their description was vague, and subjective.

Thank you. At least there are some people still posting on forums that can actually think rationally.

No sir, thank you. I hope that if nothing else, all of these problems will just weed out the malcontents, and in the end we will be left with a small but hopefully honest, understanding, rational, and enthusiastic player base.

With the amount of moderation occurring in this thread I am surprised there hasn't been a dev post responding to the people who have reported an additional character slot being taken when they transfer to a destination server. Bioware are you going to address this issue? It almost sounds like its cloning the first character you transfer that or its reserving a slot as part of the transfer process. Also from the sounds of it players are having to manually delete that slot before they can transfer in their 8th character.

Ouch, that happened? So the transfers were not as "smooth" as the apologetic claimed they were. And I will probably not move (or at least my guild might not) because of all of the legwork involved in moving a guild. Oh, I'm sorry, not moving, but trashing ours and starting new on the destination server. Only salvation we have is if we're on a destination server. But we might not know that until next month at this rate, lol.

Edited by cipher_nemo

This now clearly shows that bioware does not give a dam about the dead servers and are only interested now in looking after the servers that are busy, the rest of us might as well unsub now..

Bioware you have truely ****ed over the servers which are virtually dead.

I have to agree with you, The Shadow Runner which is eligible for transfer right now got 53 online on the imperial side, while my server the exiles crystal got 10 players online on the imperial side...

If they what to "test" the service, start with the actual low populated servers.

Hey Bioware is someone addressing this issue with transfers causing an extra character slot to be used up on the destination server? Seems like more than one person has experienced it where it says they have an addition phantom character when they transfer.

There is a workaround in the customer service forum. Basically:

1. Make a new toon on the destination server, for 8 total.

2. Play through the opening sequence.

3. Log out to character select screen.

4. Delete newest toon

5. Transfer last toon from origin server

Hopefully they're transfer more than 10 origin servers a day. At that pace it would be a long time until everyone is moved.

They probably will once they start nominating destination servers that are not currently high population, they get a better idea of what percentage start moving in the days after the transfer is announced and after tonight where they can see how the automated transfer service copes at prime times.

I am neither here to flame Bioware, nor support them in this. Instead, I do have to agree with a few of the posts here. I think a list of servers who are possibly on the departure list should be notified in advance. We have a guild of over 300 members and will make a decision as a guild whether we will be moving or not. That decision can not be made if we have no clue what is going on. So I am at least asking... can you throw us a bone here please?

Here is the problem with all of you "patience is golden" crowd: expectations, ever heard of them?

As a company that requires its customers to pay a monthly fee, clear communications are extremely important. BW is not retarded, and they (should) know this. When you use vague and ambiguous words such as "It will be gradual", you are purposefully misleading your customer through your refusal to use clear communication lines.

Basically BW used politics vs paying customers. They knew most players had a certain expectation, they built upon that expectation and then they hid behind their unclear messages pointing out to things they knew full well were being interpreted differently depending on who was reading *because it was written with that effect in mind*.

Personally, when I read "gradual", all that tells me is that its going to be done in incrementally. Does that mean 60 severs a minute, 2 a week, who freaking knows. Its as vague as can be. I, and most people complaining, have a certain idea of what it could be, based on previous experiences and reasonable deductions. Did we expect to see all servers up first thing this morning? No. Did we expect to see less then 1% of servers up this morning? All 4 of them? No. Putting four servers up from the hundreds they have is a complete joke when put against the industry standards, and most of us felt like, if we werent really lied to, we have been played nonetheless.

And they are doing it again; "You can take this as meaning upgrades will take less then a week or a month". The hell does that mean... well if you wanna get down to it, all it means, is that they will be adding at least 1 more server within the month. Thats what we mean by useless and empty communication used as damage control rather then informative actions. BW: You are not a political party, we are not voters. We pay for something, the least you can do is give us a clear and realist idea of what the hell it is we should be expecting.

I agree that their communication is questionable at best, and has been since launch (which is why they laid off their entire community team) but think of it like this... the first wave are the guinea pigs. If someone's toons were to be deleted/lost forever... it'd have been then. The first waves of things like this are always small, then grow very quickly. It wouldn't shock me to see that list doubled by tonight, and completely topped off by the end of the week. Our transfers are coming soon, and thankfully they put us on the high pop realms instead of putting us on another low pop server

is bioware sending out emails when your server becomes eligible for transfers?

ive just kinda been hanging out waiting for a transfer, and now since i really have no idea when ill get one, id just assume be notified by email so i dont have to keep coming here.

Hey, I got an idea, let's send everyone to the highest population server so their names and legacies will be taken, which will make many people not transfer, amazing idea.

No, I got a better idea... let's tranfer people to empty servers, so that instead of not finding groups on one empty server and want to quit, they can now not find groups on another empty server and want to quit!

I have to agree with you, The Shadow Runner which is eligible for transfer right now got 53 online on the imperial side, while my server the exiles crystal got 10 players online on the imperial side...

If they what to "test" the service, start with the actual low populated servers.

And the fact that people are online has NOTHING to do with the fact they they are eligible for transfers today.

And they are doing it again; "You can take this as meaning upgrades will take less then a week or a month". The hell does that mean... well if you wanna get down to it, all it means, is that they will be adding at least 1 more server within the month. Thats what we mean by useless and empty communication used as damage control rather then informative actions. BW: You are not a political party, we are not voters. We pay for something, the least you can do is give us a clear and realist idea of what the hell it is we should be expecting.

To clarify again, it doesn't even mean That... They said the next time the list is kept up to date wouldn't exceed that time frame.

I'm actually glad neither of my servers are in the first round...not particularly feeling like a lab rat today. I'll gladly wait until the next round when hopefully all or at least most of the kinks are ironed out. Pretty soon they'll probably be going multiple origins into one destination. Wouldn't be suprised if by the time this is over, we go from 120ish NA servers to about 20.

As for why they aren't just doing mergers now and getting it over with...I'm sure that isn't far off, but IMO it's better to transfer active players now, and then just merge every one else later.

They also could have started with 3 of each EU servers in the beginning since its closer to prime time there than it is in the west coast.

How many transfers do you really think the west coast servers are going to get at 4am-7am? in relation to the EU servers that are at noon-5pm.

Does anyone at Bioware think :rak_02:

Since the point of the first transfers is largely a test to make sure no problems arise.. it's probably best to do it at time where NA servers are not hitting peak and since EU is nearing peak... they have less servers transferring. That way if problems arise less people are affected so they can correct the issues.

But the playerbase doesn't think outside of their small confined box.

Edited by DarkDruidSS

US

East - PVE - Keller's Void -> Jedi Covenant

East - PVP - Hedarr Soongh -> The Fatman

West - PVE - Soresu ->The Harbinger

West - PVP - Rakata Mind Prison -> The Bastion

EUROPE

PVE - Stereb Cities ->The Jedi Tower

PVE - Eye of Ashlanae -> The Red Eclipse

PVE - Phateem Halls of Knowledge -> Mantle of the Force

PVP - The Restoration Zone -> Jar'Kai Sword

PVP - The Shadow Runner -> Tomb of Freedon Nadd

PVP - Mecrosa Order -> Darth Nihilus

Transfer Details: http://www.swtor.com/transfer

OK, I do not get it.

I particularly do not get the designated destination servers. They surely do not need more people. I thought that the idea was to consolidate servers through transfers by bringing together (I don't dare say merging) a number of low pop servers into one viable server. Sort of a many to one application. If this is just an initial test using a few servers, then you may need to go to high pop servers as a destination but then later people who are offered the Jedi Toe or Sith Sorrow server will be pissed that they could not go to one of the biggies. Could it be that the player pop has dropped to the point that everone will end up on one of ten or twelve or some such number servers?

It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Shakes head and does not get BW at all.

There is a workaround in the customer service forum. Basically:

1. Make a new toon on the destination server, for 8 total.

2. Play through the opening sequence.

3. Log out to character select screen.

4. Delete newest toon

5. Transfer last toon from origin server

Ah so Bioware instead of fixing it says jump through these 5 hoops instead?

I'm in the minority here I know, but as a lucky member of Hedarr Soongh I am grateful for the transfer. My heart does go out to the underpopulated servers though. I do think you guys should be a little more patient. I woke up today knowing not all servers would be up for transfer, and was prepared to wait weeks still for the transfer. I was actually a little surprised when mine was only 1 of 4 NA servers chosen.

I will say it is likely a good thing that they're rolling it out slowly. They haven't tested this in the live environment at all, so think of me like a guinea pig. :) You should be happy to hear that it went pretty flawlessly (one minor speed bump but nothing to worry about in my case) AND quickly. I wouldn't be surprised if they announce more transfers tomorrow, but I wouldn't expect anymore today because a lot of people are still at work and the bulk of transfers likely won't happen until this evening.

But no one is going to listen to me anyway because I'm one of the few lucky ones. :p