Current Transfer Servers

Auck

i simply cannot believe how stupid some people are. did you really think they would open us every single server on the first day? my hat's off to bioware for doing this the right way. hopefully my server will be eligible for transfer soon and then my guild can finally be on a popular server. some people have no patience

No, I don't. My patience ran out a month ago, which is when we should have had paid transfers already in place. Yeah, six months is typical and acceptable for a game that has no competition. TOR has competition though, so BW needs to step it up.

Additionally, they could have announced more US PVE servers by now. It's been a few hours, things are apparently running smoothly, time to ramp it up. If their game engine is struggling to handle the reasonable expectations of today's MMO gamer, that's not the playerbase's fault.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Bioware I think the 20 active players from all the origin servers have completed transferring all of their characters by now. Please open more servers

LOL Very true. But that is their limit for this month. I mean it must have been a lot of work to transfer all 20 of those people this morning.

They need a good 6 month break now. What a flop.

That's funny - I was just wondering how many of the whiners were employees from other games.

You can not seriously defend the way Bioware is doing this.

They are new to MMOs and it shows (and not just in stuff like this).

That being said, we all waited a long time for a Star Wars MMO and I still have confidence that, eventually, they get things right. Eventually they'll have ranked WZs, a decent GTN, a better player-economy, account-vaults, a cross-server LFG tool (even though they are still too stubborn about it, I am sure that eventually they will listen to their paying customers) and cross-planet chat channels.

But right now, people have every right to ''whine'', this game is a mess for people that like to play together with others.

So I transferred 7 characters to the new server and it says I got 8 characters there o.O

I wonder which one they cloned...

Luckily the last one I wanted to transfer is low level...maybe it'll work later on.

What part of: 'You won't be waiting another week or month for the next update.' did you not understand?

It was even highlighted for you.

Pardon our skepticism but a simple post from a developer doesn't give much solace after a long line of under delivering. I remember a large emphasis on ranked war zones during a large guild summit and that didn't come to fruition. So, again, pardon the skepticism.

Not even close to the same concept. Transfering toons is not near as simple as cooking you a steak. Stop being so ignorant.

Actually cooking a steak properly is a very difficult thing to do. Maybe you like your steaks bland, but actually taking the time to make it taste good, requires skill.

Quote: Originally Posted by Emeda

Also with the way they are doing it now it is not balancing the population. It is just letting fatman and JC get more people. Again no balance at all in what they have done.

can anyone actually comment on the server balance on the designated destination servers? Are they reasonable or are they totally out of wack? I sort of thought that balancing would have been brought into the process as well so that the selection of origins would have included both volume and balance #'s

How did you miss the part where I quite emphatically stated that I played BETWEEN servers?

I didnt. Still people like you are the problem. On my server we had a decent 50 pvp que, then all those like you decided to jump ship for "greener pastures" and now we all have about an hr window were the same 16 guys show up to do our dailies.

My point is if you werent so selfish other players wouldnt be stuck with ridiculously low pops.

So I transferred 7 characters to the new server and it says I got 8 characters there o.O

Luckily the last one I wanted to transfer is low level...maybe it'll work later on.

I noticed that as well.

Transferred 1 toon (to test the waters), saw I had 2 characters on that server.

Hey, I'm fine with 2 level 50s on the new server :p

It does not say that it only says "update". You are reading in things that are not there. They purposely use vague words like "regularly" so they arent trapped into anything. Ill believe its within a week when I see it. As it stands they should have already added more servers to that list. How many people could possibly be moving this morning off the lowest population servers they have? I mean come on how hard is it to move 10,000 or so people? You act like this is some huge complicated deal. Its nothing of the sort it should be something they could do blindfolded and drunk on the weekends.

"Keep in mind that we're going to be updating this list with eligible servers on a regular basis. This just represents the first group of eligible servers. We're monitoring how well the service is currently handling the load and I'll have a more solid update for you folks later today, but you can take "regularly" to mean that it won't be a week or a month for the next update."

Read it again, please. Thank you.

Hopefully the one with the most credits :)

Will more servers open today..? Or should I just wait to suscribe?

According to someone who called Customer Service, they will be updating the list very frequently, this is kinda backed by their other statements, I am inclined to believe the list could be updated as early as tomorrow/today depending on your timezone, but that's just me,

LOL Very true. But that is their limit for this month. I mean it must have been a lot of work to transfer all 20 of those people this morning.

They need a good 6 month break now. What a flop.

I guess they fired too many people and they have 1 guy running around ripping out his hair because he has had to monitor 20 transfers and Joveth said at the start of this thread that there would be millions...even if the millions is an absolute fabrication of the actual numbers that will actually be transfered...20 active players per dead server...max 8 characters they can each xfer...100 dead servers...160k transfers...well I guess is isn't "millions" joveth:P

I guess if we are all going to play this game for years we can just stop being ticked off by bioware's communication. This game is 6 months old and this is the second big communication issue that bioware has had. The first of course being the total lack of information for pre-launch system. The whole forums blew up then with "when will i get in" and we had complete silence.

I've defended Bioware a lot, because i like this game and the IP. I'm still here 6 months later. I (who happen to be one of your consumers also known as your boss) Do not need to know that my server is going to be able to move to this specific server on this specific day. However it would be nice to at least know that my server will be effected by this process one way or the other, and we are currently *expecting this process of server moves to be completed by this date > one month from now or whatever.

Oooh gees you funny... 2hrs in and you wanna progress update and mor servers added ... added to your obvious fail in reqding comprehension... thats of course if you actually read the dev posts about the transfer process of course... otherwise, I seen more sense and open mindedness form a 5yr old :rolleyes:

Almost 4 hours now and still not a peep. As far as your childish name calling I am an adult and above that kind of thing.