Current Transfer Servers

Auck

Where is it? why did bioware not put a recomendation for people to transfer to? so its basically going to be scattered. Otherwise everyone will be seperated into light servers. Someone explain to me why they did not do this? Mindless on bioware's part.

What recommendation could they give that is more clear than the following:

Keller's Void --> Jedi Covenant

There is no possibility of scattering to light servers.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Really you transfer TO the fatman?

Also, Frostclaw needs more people, it has 30 people on average in the fleet, but I guess that's enough for Bioware's standards?

Ofcourse. The goal is to let people play with more other people. The best way to do this is to tranfer people to well-populated servers, not to empty ones, hoping enough people will tranfer. I would never tranfer to a server that is LESS populated then mine.

And no, 30 people is not enough. So, I'm sure you'll get the option to tranfer too. Patience!

No, I just don't, because I have nothing at all I wish to trade around from that character to another, I think you take character to mean legacy, this isn't so.

No. What I said was what I meant.

Who on earth would want to trade gear, mats, schems, gifts etc to an alt..

Not you... 'Cause your too smart for that.

No where does it say regularly is less than a week.

Thanks for playing you lose.:D

Actually yes they did say it will be less than a week.

Reply to my tweet.

@SWTOR Are more servers going to be added to the transfer list throughout the day?

@SirLimbo We will be updating the list with additional servers in the coming days! ^MD

Keep in mind that we're going to be updating this list with eligible servers on a regular basis. This just represents the first group of eligible servers. We're monitoring how well the service is currently handling the load and I'll have a more solid update for you folks later today, but you can take "regularly" to mean that it won't be a week or a month for the next update.

Given the time of day on both east coast and west coast, WHY are there only 4 servers available for transfer? Are they expecting people to be waking up early, or going in to work late just because transfers are available?

And, if these are low pop servers, how many people can it possibly be? 200?

Well this isn't exactly the launch of the game.....oh wait, early access was staggered too. I don't think they are expecting everyone who wants to transfer to all log in the second transfers become available. I think they are expecting this to be a "gradual" process.....as they've said.

Gotta laugh at the people who thought the free transfers would be from high pop servers to low pop servers, as if that would have made any sense.

So disappointed. I cancelled my subscription almost a month ago, 18th my last day, thought a server transfer off Mandalore would renew my love for the game as the 3 hour queues, dead galactic market, and the 5-10 people in fleet being the only people to talk with (I've actually got a screen shot of me being the only person in fleet). At this point my hatred with how this game is being run is overcoming my enjoyment of the gameplay. If I don't get a few days to enjoy it before my time is up I'm done with it, it will suck but after EA ruined all the MMOs I have played and loved UO, DAoC and now this I am willing to say I will no longer support an EA MMO.

complaint after complaint after complaint. I swear some of you are never satisfied and then you act like what you want is a simple process. Yes there are only 4 NA servers for transfer at the moment, but honestly what good would it have done if they opened up every server for origin/destination etc. We would go back to the same exact position we were in from the start. a widespread player population across all servers with only a select few being heavily populated. To be honest i wouldn't be surprised if there were only a total of 8-12 destination servers. This server transfer service available now is in my opinion the preparations being taken to start removing some servers off the list. Start emptying servers and make it so that the population isn't thinned out across the large number of servers that they have. Have some patience. BW is trying to get this done right. Rushing a service of any kind will bring nothing but harm to the game and make it worse than it already is.

If they were unsure about anything, they should have not announced it the way they did. While "gradual" has a TON of meanings, it is not complaining to point out it is misleading, to the point of customer dissatisfaction. Should they have just opened the flood gates? No, but giving a time table would have made this PR nightmare more managable. BW tried to be politico about alot of things, but a paying subs base should never be politic'd. Be honest, give REAL timelines and adjust accordingly. Everyone could accept that, and might not even unsub since they are getting honest info on topics..

I was looking forwarded to transferring to server that ACTUAL HAS PEOPLE that would warranty paying 15$ but no I cant do that yet after wating months. If i am forced to just reroll on populated server I will most likely quit, As I DO NOT WANT TO LOSE a lvl 50 legacy and 5 lvl 50's

Just wait a couple of days/weeks more until it's time for your server?

I am just as disapointed about the low population on the servers as you are (probably even more, cause I usually play on odd-hours, it is not unusual for me to be the onlt person on a planet).

But the way I read it, is that they'll do this for every server, eventually.

LOL Thanks for deleting my thread and referring me here...

I posted that I was ready to pay for a transfer. These poor dumb bastards must be completely deaf, or just allergic to money and success.

F2P for all levels with an item mall in 2 months or less. Bet on it.

I dont love this game all that much. Its ok and kind of fun but not worth the trouble honestly. There are other MMOs that are way more fun (tera) that already have server transfers. Just one mis-step after another. I remember reading a while before release how this game would be the biggest failure in the history of not just MMOs but video games in general. I didnt believe it until today. How many people who think hit the cancel button today? 100k? 200k? They lsot 400k since launch. You keep going on about how we should be patient tho. Lots of games out there asking for my money.

If your thinking this way then maybe SWTOR is not for ya ...and as for Tera, yip they have server transfers... but checkn their forums and see the host of other issues, whines etc going on... I especially like the one about having to upgrade your weapons but the fail chances are so high meaning endless re-grinding of materials to try and reimbue the weapons... think thatrs quite a popular one there.... every MMO has its ups down, bugs, issues, fanbois and haters... take ya pick and roll with it or move on I say....

I am one of SWTOR's best friends... honest but at the end of the day if I am not enjoying the game, the isues, the performance, the populations etc.. I get to choose what I want to do about it... simples!

"you can take "regularly" to mean that it won't be a week or a month for the next update."

I'll translate this to you people who are saying "we don't know what gradually means"

LESS THAN A WEEK. That's fairly specific.

Ok lets be honest the statement made by Bioware is a classic example of purposeful confusion.

"...won't be a week or a month for the next update"

Theres a reason its put in this format. The week part is what they want you to zone into, to think. The month part is covering of asses against the former.

LOL Thanks for deleting my thread and referring me here...

I posted that I was ready to pay for a transfer. These poor dumb bastards must be completely deaf, or just allergic to money and success.

F2P for all levels with an item mall in 2 months or less. Bet on it.

Does Bria mean anything to you?

**** being patient. I was patient a few months ago when BW kept screwing **** up. As of now, I've had it with giving them time to get **** right. They have a week. Sorry to make one of these or else post..but at this point.. that's what it has come to. One week to get this **** in gear, or I'm off to Rift, where at least the dev knows a little bit about *** they are doing.

Actually I just picked the most heavily populated and popular PVE EU server, was insanely easy.

Which was the exact same step that others did, but alas, the population literally fell out of the server under their feet.

So, it was just dumb luck then? I need to make sure the dictionary in my brain updates references from lucky to smart.

One thing that's bugging me is the lack of communication.

I know they have said they would monitor and update later but would it be hard to say:

"Initial transfers have gone well. Updates should be coming within the next 5 hours" (For example)

or

"Initial transfers haven't gone as expected at this time."