Current Transfer Servers

Auck

nothing to do with patients, BW is providing a service in exchange for our money. When Money is involved people expect results or they simply take their money some place else to get said results.

Last time I checked the servers were up and running - game is working now maintenance is over.. think thats about as much as they need to do for your coin... but of course you do have the other option you hinted at... :rolleyes:

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You can not seriously defend the way Bioware is doing this.

They are new to MMOs and it shows (and not just in stuff like this).

That being said, we all waited a long time for a Star Wars MMO and I still have confidence that, eventually, they get things right. Eventually they'll have ranked WZs, a decent GTN, a better player-economy, account-vaults, a cross-server LFG tool (even though they are still too stubborn about it, I am sure that eventually they will listen to their paying customers) and cross-planet chat channels.

But right now, people have every right to ''whine'', this game is a mess for people that like to play together with others.

I'm not defending them. I'm just sick of whiners. And no, they sound no different here than on any other gamer forum. It's *exactly* the same ranting. It's absolutely whining. Nothing else, no matter how much you justify your behavior.

Hey Bioware is someone addressing this issue with transfers causing an extra character slot to be used up on the destination server? Seems like more than one person has experienced it where it says they have an addition phantom character when they transfer.

They knew about this problem from PTS transfers. standard.

This thread is making me a wee bit sad about the type of player in this game. Hopefully it's just these forums and. It indicative of the gen pop overall, because I see nothing but (what is most likely) grown men acting like children. I hate his "I want it now, when I want it, how I want it" entitled generation. If you're going to quit, then just quit instead of coming here to announce it to everyone (as if they cared in the first place). Nothing BW said was false, only your assumptions and lack of maturity. B

Its not entitled to ask for a company to meet your expectations as a customer. Actually, sometimes you have to "act like children" in order for them to understand how much they didn't meet your expectations. Call it what you want, this rollout is very lackluster to the point of making people like me give up...

No disrespect Jonathan, but again this is you being out of touch with your community. The Weekly Q&a is filled with information about the game all over... This is not the place to put Critical information about something so important to most players that are still playing the game. This deserved its on thread stickied on the top of the general Discussion

Well if you're gonna lecture someone about being out of touch, I find it's easier to stay on your high horse if you use their correct name.

YHHMV.

While I am certainly annoyed that I cannot transfer today, I am not so immature and unreasonable to be threatening to quit now

I waited for several weeks, and it would be crazy at this point to NOT wait patiently a little longer to see the resolution of this matter. Its obvious that my terribly under populated server will get some love eventually.

Or playing. I know I haven't played in about 3 weeks. My sub is canceled. Just waiting for it to end. I thought the server transfers might help but they are only allowing 10 servers this month.

Maybe I'll try back again next year and read the forums.

If you think "they are only allowing 10 servers this month," you might want to read "Hooked on Phonics" before coming back to the forums.

For those of you that can read this while it lasts, complaints are not spam, they are legitimate. You made a great game Bioware, and either you or EA did not maintain it right, you had strong demand from your customers to address the population issues and you failed to respond timely. We cancelled our subscriptions and still you dragged your feet and worked on new content instead of the current issue which is in a Massive Multiplayer Online Game there was less people then a typical match of Modern Warfare 3. I had hopes you would fix it but 4 servers is laughable, my server is dying, 3 hour pvp queues, a dead galactic market, 5 people to talk to in fleet. I have unsubscribed and now I am deleting the client from my computer and am not coming back, I would not continue going to a place for lunch that gives me 1/10 of a sandwich. It's too little, too late. Now delete this legitimate complaint as spam, to show you run these forums like you do your game.

No one cares. But you want someone to.

For those of you that can read this while it lasts, complaints are not spam, they are legitimate. You made a great game Bioware, and either you or EA did not maintain it right, you had strong demand from your customers to address the population issues and you failed to respond timely. We cancelled our subscriptions and still you dragged your feet and worked on new content instead of the current issue which is in a Massive Multiplayer Online Game there was less people then a typical match of Modern Warfare 3. I had hopes you would fix it but 4 servers is laughable, my server is dying, 3 hour pvp queues, a dead galactic market, 5 people to talk to in fleet. I have unsubscribed and now I am deleting the client from my computer and am not coming back, I would not continue going to a place for lunch that gives me 1/10 of a sandwich. It's too little, too late. Now delete this legitimate complaint as spam, to show you run these forums like you do your game.

Later, nobody wants to hear your sob story of how evil bioware offended you so dramatically.

I think most people are upset because of the lack of communication between BW and their customers. Even now with this whole uproar, bioware has still not released any information on their plans for server transfers. People don't like getting left in the dark, especially for a product they are paying for every month that's paying YOUR bills. Its pathetic how bad MMO companies have become and how bad they treat their customers.

I guess they fired too many people and they have 1 guy running around ripping out his hair because he has had to monitor 20 transfers and Joveth said at the start of this thread that there would be millions...even if the millions is an absolute fabrication of the actual numbers that will actually be transfered...20 active players per dead server...max 8 characters they can each xfer...100 dead servers...160k transfers...well I guess is isn't "millions" joveth:P

Very true. Man, you're batting a .366 with your posts. :)

So if each dead server had 100 active players, of which let's say 80% register for a transfer, and ten of these servers, that's possibly 800 accounts to move. If I had to move 800 detailed accounts on a relic of a database at work, that might take an hour at worst, and 15 minutes at best? Ok, so these accounts might have a lot more data than the accounts I work with, so double it. two hours at worst. Granted, a lot of guessing and made up numbers, but that's still a ballpark figure. It's not insanely out of the realm of possibility.

I have a feeling Bioware is just sitting around waiting for people to request the transfer and won't continue with other servers until either A.) some percentage requested, or B.) some period of time elapsed.

While I am certainly annoyed that I cannot transfer today, I am not so immature and unreasonable to be threatening to quit now

I waited for several weeks, and it would be crazy at this point to NOT wait patiently a little longer to see the resolution of this matter. Its obvious that my terribly under populated server will get some love eventually.

Thank you. At least there are some people still posting on forums that can actually think rationally.

There is absolutely no information in the paragraph you quoted. Secondarily; if it won't be a week, then logic would dictate that it also would not be a month, so why included that language in your statement at all if you're not trying to be evasive?

You need to understand that people are sick and tired of the rhetoric and fluff speech. Go to any of your customers where you are running late on a project and use vague terms and get back to me on how well that turned out.

A failed objective is infinitely better than a vague promise.

Exactly my point. They are so iffy and vague about everything. They always get expectations up and then fail to deliver. I wish they had never even mentoned transfers now. If I had known only 4% of people would be eligible for days (or weeks or months we dont know why did he say months anyways?) I would have just unsubbed back in March. Which is exactly why they hid this from us until now. They knew people would be irate about it so best to hide it as long as they can.

If they werent ready to do everyone they shouldnt have started at all.

Good grief, some people need to chill out and be patient. Bioware stated in their developer blog that this would start out with just a few servers and then increase once everything was running smooth. I'm trying figure out how that could be interpreted as "mass server transfers" as many here are angry about not receiving. I would much rather it be done right than to rush the process and it turns into a complete cluster bleep, and we lose characters because of impatience. Breathe people, breathe. ;) Edited by No-hackle

I think most people are upset because of the lack of communication between BW and their customers. Even now with this whole uproar, bioware has still not released any information on their plans for server transfers. People don't like getting left in the dark, especially for a product they are paying for every month that's paying YOUR bills. Its pathetic how bad MMO companies have become and how bad they treat their customers.

Funny, I most have missed that entire blog post on server transfers which set out clearly how it was going to work...

Oh wait... I didn't.

A few weeks ago transfers WEREN'T EXPECTED UNTIL THE RELEASE OF 1.3. A week ago it was announced that they would START today. And STILL people are whining. Seriously what does it take to make you people happy? BW is exceeding all of my expectations, but im also a member of the REAL WORLD where it takes time for things to happen.

This post is so cute.

Yes, lets be excited that they are releasing a service that should have been done months ago 3 weeks ahead of their extended schedule.

Bravo Bioware for only being really far behind the ball instead of so far behind the ball they can't even see it.

And if Bioware is exceeding all your expectations, then you have exceedingly low expectations.

but we've been waiting since the beginning of beta (it's still going on right?)

Here is the problem with all of you "patience is golden" crowd: expectations, ever heard of them?

As a company that requires its customers to pay a monthly fee, clear communications are extremely important. BW is not retarded, and they (should) know this. When you use vague and ambiguous words such as "It will be gradual", you are purposefully misleading your customer through your refusal to use clear communication lines.

Basically BW used politics vs paying customers. They knew most players had a certain expectation, they built upon that expectation and then they hid behind their unclear messages pointing out to things they knew full well were being interpreted differently depending on who was reading *because it was written with that effect in mind*.

Personally, when I read "gradual", all that tells me is that its going to be done in incrementally. Does that mean 60 severs a minute, 2 a week, who freaking knows. Its as vague as can be. I, and most people complaining, have a certain idea of what it could be, based on previous experiences and reasonable deductions. Did we expect to see all servers up first thing this morning? No. Did we expect to see less then 1% of servers up this morning? All 4 of them? No. Putting four servers up from the hundreds they have is a complete joke when put against the industry standards, and most of us felt like, if we werent really lied to, we have been played nonetheless.

And they are doing it again; "You can take this as meaning upgrades will take less then a week or a month". The hell does that mean... well if you wanna get down to it, all it means, is that they will be adding at least 1 more server within the month. Thats what we mean by useless and empty communication used as damage control rather then informative actions. BW: You are not a political party, we are not voters. We pay for something, the least you can do is give us a clear and realist idea of what the hell it is we should be expecting.

Edited by Stonedsoul

With the amount of moderation occurring in this thread I am surprised there hasn't been a dev post responding to the people who have reported an additional character slot being taken when they transfer to a destination server. Bioware are you going to address this issue? It almost sounds like its cloning the first character you transfer that or its reserving a slot as part of the transfer process. Also from the sounds of it players are having to manually delete that slot before they can transfer in their 8th character.

A few weeks ago transfers WEREN'T EXPECTED UNTIL THE RELEASE OF 1.3. A week ago it was announced that they would START today. And STILL people are whining. Seriously what does it take to make you people happy? BW is exceeding all of my expectations, but im also a member of the REAL WORLD where it takes time for things to happen.

The reason they pushed this is they know most people are runing on thier 30 days free (which is running out) they got and pushed it so that hope to keep people subbed. but when you take 4 us servers 1st day is utterly a joke and prolly cost them more unsubs.

Seriously there are 23 US PVE East servers 1 of which is JC that has a nice pop and they put 1 dead to move there? and this is supposed to make people excited umm no

Lol @ the people claiming to have "unsubbed weeks ago" but STILL come hear to complain. Time to rethink and prioritize life.

If you really want a laugh, check out the D3 forums. Thousands of people getting their refunds, happy the game they waited 10+ years for is falling apart, and fundamental problems with the game that CAN'T be fixed at all. Bioware may be taking their sweet time with these transfers, but at least the game itself is alot of fun when you have people to play it with. Patience, our transfers are coming. At least they are moving us all to the populated servers instead of tossing us on another low pop server. I'd wait in que's everytime I logged in it if it means my main will be on fatman