Current Transfer Servers

Auck

I am sad pissed and annoyed all at the same time. I waited years for this it comes out all is great 2 month later my server is dead can't find groups on any planet to do heroic let alone FP's or OPS cause they population of the server is gone either cause they quit or cause the left the server for more populated servers.

I was looking forwarded to transferring to server that ACTUAL HAS PEOPLE that would warrant paying 15$ but no I cant do that yet after waiting months. If i am forced to just reroll on populated server I will most likely quit, As I DO NOT WANT TO LOSE a lvl 50 legacy and 5 lvl 50's

And swear if i find out EA has any say what is being done. I wont buy another BW game consider I cant stand EA and the crap they release and the franchises they have destroyed. I only got the game cause it was the only KOTOR3 i was gona get.

Yep, It is disappointing. My story is very similar to yours, Lot of Hype for the game, I was super excited as well. Then Hit 50 in under a week and downhill. Then it was Fanbois defending it saying pop is still strong when it wasent, BS pop numbers from EA, then news of 400k leaving in MARCH, now June so you can probably take that number and multiply it. People were defending the pop even when server pop in fleet on a busy day is 14 people on Nadds Sarcophagus ( which isnt on the transfer list, as im sure many others are not) I agree with whoever said when you pay for a service on a game like this monthly you expect some quicker results or atleast a sign that things are not completely *** backwards, And no it is not like ordering a product online. When you order a physical product online that is shipped, you have options.. standard... overnight... blah blah, and a TRACKING number , so you can see your goods whole adventure to your house, from when its scanned on the truck to when it left the place of origin, as well as expected delivery time down to which hour of the day. Again now we have the hype of server transfers and you have a thread with 100+ pages and growing of people who are NOT pleased, and a few of the same people who defended the pop before saying everything is still good.

I hold on to the long held tradition here on the SWTOR forums that, anything the game is lacking, or any mismanagement by Bioware is not a problem. Oh no. Its a feature.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup. It's why I wouldn't even do a transfer if it was offered. I just hope my server is a destination instead. Only time will tell, but with this "gradual" phasing of server transfers, who knows how long that will be.

Hands down: WORST SERVER TRANSFER PROCESS of any online game I've ever played from Ultima Online to today. No guild moves, "phased", no choice in server, herded like sheep, told to shut up and take it. Yeah, that's Bioware's transfer-on-rails.

For me giant mechs launching missiles and hitting each other with gauss rifles and PPCs sounds leagues better to me. And it's releasing just in time, this summer.

Well they did say the space missions are popular maybe they modeled the transfers after those. :)

Also, transferring is supposed to be a Pay for Service. So BW was attempting to sell soemthing that they had not tested and was not sure it would work? LOL.

The pay-for-transfer service has been discussed as a possibiity for a future service where you can transfer to any server you want. The LOL is on you.

Fa'athra to Drooga's Pleasure Barge 6 characters

Pre-select Servers

Shaltin Tunnels to The Progenitor

Lord Ieldis to Begeren Colony

Mecrosa Order to Darth Nihilus

Soresu to The Harbinger

Stereb Cities to The Jedi Tower

Phateem Halls of Knowledge to Mantle of the Force

The Restoration Zone to Jar'Kai Sword

Rakata Mind Prison to The Bastion

Ven Zallow to Jung Ma

Zayne Carrick to Vanjervalis Chain

Kath Hound to The Ebon Hawk

Hedarr Soongh to The Fatman

Eye of Ashlanae to The Red Eclipse

The Shadow Runner to Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Keller's Void to Jedi Covenant

Kessel Run to Battle Meditation

The Courageous to Canderous Ordo

Yup. It's why I wouldn't even do a transfer if it was offered. I just hope my server is a destination instead. Only time will tell, but with this "gradual" phasing of server transfers, who knows how long that will be.

Hands down: WORST SERVER TRANSFER PROCESS of any online game I've ever played from Ultima Online to today. No guild moves, "phased", no choice in server, herded like sheep, told to shut up and take it. Yeah, that's Bioware's transfer-on-rails.

Did you miss the 3 years or so that WoW didn't have a transfer process, and when they did it was mostly a paid service except for a very small amount of servers that they deemed low pop enough for some free moves. No guild moves there either (they may have them now, its been over a year since I left). I also believe their free transfers had no choice of destination (not entirely sure as I was never on a server that qualified for one).

I'm honestly worried now they will empty my server and send us all to Ebon Hawk, despite the two servers having similar player numbers. It would be a substantial move of people, and probably kill LA's RP community. :(

I know I am a tad biased being on Ebon, but honestly they probably had to choose one and TEH has more sustained "Standard" time. But I think having the two RP communities together would be beneficial to all and I look forward to seeing all the new faces if that is what they are doing.

Even though over a week ago BioWare clearly explained that this was exactly how it was going to function: "The character transfer service will be made available gradually, starting with a small number of origin servers."

Mindboggling.

You're boggled that people who were upset about something a week ago are still upset about that same thing?

You must be mindboggled a lot.

The pay-for-transfer service has been discussed as a possibiity for a future service where you can transfer to any server you want. The LOL is on you.

Yeah on top of that there is no way they could have balanced server pops if they had made it go where you want to. Im interested to see how the free transfers pan out and wonder how long until Im able to transfer to the server I want since I want to go from pvp to a pve server where I re rolled long ago.

and you sir just hit the nail on the head!!

People are not complaining because they are doing a very silly job with this character transfer. They are complaining because they are paying for a service which was promised on the box (this is very important as that can stand up in a court of law as a promise to the consumer) this service is being paid for but not delivered, and that is why people are angry. People want the transfers now because they are sick of being the only person stood on the fleet during the day, because they are sick of missing out on dungeons because there is not 4 people on a server. People are raging because they are not recieveing what they are paying for

Um, what? What service are you talking about? I'm really baffled by people like you that think there's some magical writing on the box that you can use in a court of law? What are you talking about?:confused:

This sounds like fun.

What game is it?

Mechwarrior Online. I'd link it, but fear of post deletion prevents me.

Did you miss the 3 years or so that WoW ...(snip)

Are you living in 2004-2007? Who mentioned WoW? Oh, that's right, no one but you. I avoided WoW like the plague. Why don't you take a more recent example: Rift. Trion offers free server transfers to a server of your choice, max one move per week, and they'll even more guilds for you! Yeah, too good to be true if your expectations are bound to Bioware's transfer-on-rails. No thank you.

Edited by cipher_nemo

Um, what? What service are you talking about? I'm really baffled by people like you that think there's some magical writing on the box that you can use in a court of law? What are you talking about?:confused:

I actually pulled out my box to try to figure that out, the only thing I guess he could be talking about is where they describe it as a massively multiplayer online game. However, since "massively" is a subjective term, I don't think trying to sue BW in court cause your server is dead and the game was described as an MMO would hold up.