Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand the logic used to determine the destination servers. Fatman and JC were allready active servers, I simply don't see the value of adding more people to them when you could stabilize a few other servers instead, bringing them up to the levels of those two.

I'm on Sith Wyrm myself, and frankly I feel a little slighted. Its a good server with good people, probably average in size...but active. We would have benefitted tremendously from transfers as a destination server. Especially on the Republic side. The same goes for alot of other servers out there in the exact same situation as us.

Now I'm not one to come onto public forums and complain, and judging by the activity in our server group, the rest of my server isn't as well. So a little blame rests on our shoulders too.

I like this game. I like it enough that even though my whole guild went to play The Secret World, I stayed here by myself. The truth is though, I'm starting to get a little aggravated.

(Reposted here after my thread got 'organized'.)

Precisely. It's so funny that the BW reps seems so active, yet they pretty much never say anything relevant. It's alway PR and damage control.

Keywords include: MAYBE, MIGHT, SOON, HOPEFULLY, VERY EXCITED.

:(

Exactly. It's also becoming infuriating to see people thanking the devs for telling them absolutely nothing. It's sad that such posts cause so much enthusiasm. That tells you something, too, I imagine. Probably, that nothing is said MOST of the time, so people are even excited when you make a post that doesn't actually clear anything up.

I've been able to transfer all but one of my chars from Cassus Fett to Vanjervalis Chain. Although there are now 7 chars on the destination server, the transfer page claims there are 8, and thus does not allow the transfer of my last char. This has been the case yesterday and I assumed that it might just need time to properly update itself (had name-placeholders there and thus shortly 8 chars before I removed placeholder after placeholder and transferred the chars), but there was no progress even after a full day.

What now?

Workaround is to make a temp char in that last slot, login with it, then delete it. Last toon should be able to be transferred then. See mods? I can play nice in the sandbox! :D

But you been watching the EU servers for a while now. You should have a lot of data now ??

The last 3 EU-PvP servers needs some kind of info. People are seeing the worst case scenario where these 3 servers get merged into a dead server.

Indeed, for many servers.

Even if they can't say when and where; they surely can say whether a server is likely to be marked as origin so people can at least plan on something.

This vague keeping people in limbo is really poor.

i understand why they announce this, some ppl might wanna stole names

How is it too much to ask which servers you will offering transfers from? This ludicrous secrecy is doing you no favours. I am sitting on Luka Sene EU PVE which is so low on players now. I get online and see there are hardly any players on planets or in fleet and I just lose the will to play. I subscribed for 6 months and right now I am dithering as to whether I should carry on with it or not. I really like the game but I am BEYOND fed up with the lack of players. If my server does not get transfers I will cancel the sub so please tell me WILL LUKA SENE BE GETTING TRANSFERS OR NOT? YES OR NO. Thank you.

Im in the same spot as you and infact the same server. Cant get groups for anything and its so boring on Luka Sene i rarely log in anymore.

If they are done for the day it sucks bigtime. We are many that has watied for those updates to come and all we got were NA servers.

You could atleast have posted a few EU, that wouldnt have been so hard would it?

But you been watching the EU servers for a while now. You should have a lot of data now ??

Don't forget that they released the last batch last night during our prime time. That means they're probably using tonight to collect data on how that move turned out.

For example from what I can tell Red Eclipse is hard on it's way to "full" which means they're not going to be able to off-load more origin servers that way.

Workaround is to make a temp char in that last slot, login with it, then delete it. Last toon should be able to be transferred then. See mods? I can play nice in the sandbox! :D

You just gotta predict right :p

So about 90 % of EU pvp on ToFN and 5-10% (3 servers about over all 200-300 players per side) no info???

What can be done atm?

It is starting to look really bad!!!!'

Love Fluffy

If they were to set Bloodworthy or Basilisk Droid as a destination we would have more than enough to be a standard server with the remaining EU English PvP being transferred to them. No to mention loads of people are coming back but only once Ranked WZ's are implemented.

I dont need data to figure out my server is dead while 1000s of other people have been put on a server which is alive. There have been hardly any issues. Why not open up some more servers? Was the plan to do this all along? Yesterday it was implied they would do as many servers today but we have only a small trickle now. We cannot even know if our servers are in the list or not. I mean come on I am so sick of this. There is absolutely no reason for all this secrecy.

This weekend I for one will spend looking into other games rather than waiting for Bioware to finally get its act together.

• Dev Post
Can you also (in general terms) shed some light on why servers are being chosen for different roles or why certain servers are being done before others? Is it just what you think will fit that particular shape, random, some other metric?

Because this is a process, we did need to start somewhere, and that means that some servers needed to become available first so we could begin monitoring to inform later decisions. Really, our information about populations and what players are doing now that transfers are available informs our next steps each time.

You just gotta predict right :p

Read his post, he ran into the "I'm already transferring but my 8th toon can't move cuz it's says I have no spots left even though I've only moved 7" bug. The response to this was buried somehere around page 100, figured I'd try to help him out some.

We're watching the populations, watching how many are transferring, considering the impact of those transfers, and working to ensure destination servers have a healthy population. All of this data informs what we open up and where those servers go. It's important that we let the data we're receiving guide the process, and we appreciate everyone's understanding.

While I appreciate the response and know you are just the messenger, that dog doesn't hunt. You guys knew exactly how many active people were on each server, and you know the numbers your servers can handle. It is safe to say 95% of your active subscribers are going to transfer, so what in the heck is there to monitor. It's like 5 minutes worth of spreadsheet work to sort it all out. What it really sounds like, is someone messed up yet again and didn't divide things up properly.

Are there anymore today? Love the influx of people on Prophecy would love to pvp on my imp more tho.

Yes - we need to know!

Can we haz mor tranzfurz pleez! :w_cool:

BJ

Edited by BJWyler

Precisely. It's so funny that the BW reps seems so active, yet they pretty much never say anything relevant. It's alway PR and damage control.

Keywords include: MAYBE, MIGHT, SOON, HOPEFULLY, VERY EXCITED.

:(

I truly think that you all either have very short memories or this is the only MMO you have ever played. EVERY MMO dev's reps say this stuff on the forums, if they say anything at all. SOON™ is a joke on every MMO forum I've ever even lurked on.

Prophesy of Five was a pretty low pop server so I was concerned when became a destination server, especially this morning when it appeared Fatman had just as many origin servers. Now that PoF has almost twice as many origin servers as Fatman, I have high hopes that the population will improve. We shall see how it works out. Can't wait to play tomorrow afternoon to see how it does!

While I appreciate the response and know you are just the messenger, that dog doesn't hunt. You guys knew exactly how many active people were on each server, and you know the numbers your servers can handle. It is safe to say 95% of your active subscribers are going to transfer, so what in the heck is there to monitor. It's like 5 minutes worth of spreadsheet work to sort it all out. What it really sounds like, is someone messed up yet again and didn't divide things up properly.

This is a very good post