Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers

CourtneyWoods

Because this is a process, we did need to start somewhere, and that means that some servers needed to become available first so we could begin monitoring to inform later decisions. Really, our information about populations and what players are doing now that transfers are available informs our next steps each time.

That being said, could you clue us in to whether or not you guys are leaning towards adding a new destination server for USEast PVE?

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they were to set Bloodworthy or Basilisk Droid as a destination we would have more than enough to be a standard server with the remaining EU English PvP being transferred to them. No to mention loads of people are coming back but only once Ranked WZ's are implemented.

people are saying that if they merge these 3 servers to 1 its gonna become Light maybe Standard - Our Guild is gonna quit the game if that is the case. LFG tool and Ranked arent gonna pop fast.

Prophesy of Five was a pretty low pop server so I was concerned when became a destination server, especially this morning when it appeared Fatman had just as many origin servers. Now that PoF has almost twice as many origin servers as Fatman, I have high hopes that the population will improve. We shall see how it works out. Can't wait to play tomorrow afternoon to see how it does!

Already rocking big time.

I truly think that you all either have very short memories or this is the only MMO you have ever played. EVERY MMO dev's reps say this stuff on the forums, if they say anything at all. SOON™ is a joke on every MMO forum I've ever even lurked on.

You are right. Many say this, but not on constantly...

I truly think that you all either have very short memories or this is the only MMO you have ever played. EVERY MMO dev's reps say this stuff on the forums, if they say anything at all. SOON™ is a joke on every MMO forum I've ever even lurked on.

That's not even unique to MMOs. It happens pretty much anywhere. I use answers like that all the time at work and I just work for the DMV.

I realize players are anxious to get transferred and into a well populated server but please understand that there really are reasons to not rush this.

If things are done too quickly you will end up with either an overpopulated server, or single servers being split up between multiple destination servers, which can break up guilds and/or separate long time friends. Overpopulation can be just as bad or worse than underpopulation because it keeps players from getting online, and stop online players from being able to do certain things.

Hey everybody!

We've recently had to remove several posts, along with their replies, from this thread as they were off-topic and non-constructive. Please keep all replies and discussions in this thread directly related to our Character Transfer service.

Thanks and may the Force be with you!

I realize players are anxious to get transferred and into a well populated server but please understand that there really are reasons to not rush this.

If things are done too quickly you will end up with either an overpopulated server, or single servers being split up between multiple destination servers, which can break up guilds and/or separate long time friends. Overpopulation can be just as bad or worse than underpopulation because it keeps players from getting online, and stop online players from being able to do certain things.

Oh come on. If this is the case then they really need to let more people go. Give me a break they need to get this figured out and quick. People are clicking that unsub button every second they keep delaying and delaying. Stop making excuses for it. There simply is no excuse. If the current people cannot get this done fire them and get different people in there.

If it was my $200 mil at risk I would be LIVID.

I've been able to transfer all but one of my chars from Cassus Fett to Vanjervalis Chain. Although there are now 7 chars on the destination server, the transfer page claims there are 8, and thus does not allow the transfer of my last char. This has been the case yesterday and I assumed that it might just need time to properly update itself (had name-placeholders there and thus shortly 8 chars before I removed placeholder after placeholder and transferred the chars), but there was no progress even after a full day.

What now?

From what I read earlier, this is common, and the workaround is to create a NEW character in the one remaining available slot, go through all the cinematics and spawn into the world, then log out of that character, and delete it. Then you will be able to transfer the last character in.

Edited by Haezze

There are reasons to 'rush this' - although people aren't asking Bioware to rush things. Just to fix things and actually provide real information about what's going on.

Peoples sub are running out. They want to know whether to continue playing or not.

People would like to play the game again and seeing others being moved, while being kept in the dark themselves isn't exactly good.

Also - the reverse of your example can happen. The movement to servers will fill up a number of servers, leaving a (not insignificant) chance that a number of servers will be transferred onto another server without filling it up - eventually solving nothing for those players but leaving them on yet another underpopulated server.

Because this is a process, we did need to start somewhere, and that means that some servers needed to become available first so we could begin monitoring to inform later decisions. Really, our information about populations and what players are doing now that transfers are available informs our next steps each time.

I have a question, you have given everyone (minus a few servers) a place to transfer to but last night there were waiting times up to 25 to 30 minutes (Ebon Hawk I know of for sure) what are your plans to alleviate this problem. Some people haven't transferred yet and with the weekend coming up this could be worse. An answer to this might relieve some people with questions or concerns to this.

Then you sir, are King of the Runaround!!! :D

I don't like doing it, but sometimes I have to because the information isn't being given to me to relay to my customers. Though in Pennsylvania, our DMV is magnitudes better than pretty much every other state in the country, and that's from the horse's mouth of new residents coming in.

We're watching the populations, watching how many are transferring, considering the impact of those transfers, and working to ensure destination servers have a healthy population. All of this data informs what we open up and where those servers go. It's important that we let the data we're receiving guide the process, and we appreciate everyone's understanding.

I try to understand. But I can't on what PVP EU English servers are concerned. You let almost all servers transfer to Tomb of Freedon Nadd and let 3 alone. If you don't let us go to Tomb, the pop will be unbalanced even if you put the other 3 servers together! I have chars on Legion of Lettow and it had a lot of people at the beginning but now are almost abandoned chars that many of us would like to move to Tomb too. Joining the 3 that are left will never have a decent amount of people to play. Please look at this situation! It's unfair!