Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers

CourtneyWoods

And here is the problem 3 PVE servers which need it most

Trust me crevasse needs it bad, atleast some guildies and myself had rerolls on Prophecy of the Five. Today alone the population boom has been amazing, but I want my mains...

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prophesy of Five was a pretty low pop server so I was concerned when became a destination server, especially this morning when it appeared Fatman had just as many origin servers. Now that PoF has almost twice as many origin servers as Fatman, I have high hopes that the population will improve. We shall see how it works out. Can't wait to play tomorrow afternoon to see how it does!

We're up to 240 on republic fleet

Oh come on. If this is the case then they really need to let more people go. Give me a break they need to get this figured out and quick. People are clicking that unsub button every second they keep delaying and delaying. Stop making excuses for it. There simply is no excuse. If the current people cannot get this done fire them and get different people in there.

If it was my $200 mil at risk I would be LIVID.

They have yet to mention my server but I am not throwing a tantrum like many players here because I UNDERSTAND its in my best interest not to rush them. I don't like long login queues. I don't like when raids have to be delayed because other players are stuck in 30 minute login queues. I don't like raids being delayed because not everyone has a top level computer and gets lag due to multiple hundreds of players on the fleet at a given time.

So if looking out for MY best interests means I am "Making excuses for BW"... I'm happy to do it.

In the past 2 minutes only 1 new page has been added to this thread.

I sort of gave up on waiting for the servers. Now I just wait for more posts about the servers. You guys are failing me.

I think people have just given up :p

I sort of gave up on waiting for the servers. Now I just wait for more posts about the servers. You guys are failing me.

They removed like 4-5 pages of posts lol

Ahahah, yeah, I'm going down that path as well.

They have yet to mention my server but I am not throwing a tantrum like many players here because I UNDERSTAND its in my best interest not to rush them. I don't like long login queues. I don't like when raids have to be delayed because other players are stuck in 30 minute login queues. I don't like raids being delayed because not everyone has a top level computer and gets lag due to multiple hundreds of players on the fleet at a given time.

So if looking out for MY best interests means I am "Making excuses for BW"... I'm happy to do it.

So if you like the server empty then dont transfer. What are you talking about? You dont even want your server to be populated as you just stated. I want 30 min queues. Id LOVE to wait 30 mins on someone instead of sitting for 3 months now trying to find 8 people who want to do the thing to begin with. If you like a deserted server you have 100s to choose from.

Because this is a process, we did need to start somewhere, and that means that some servers needed to become available first so we could begin monitoring to inform later decisions. Really, our information about populations and what players are doing now that transfers are available informs our next steps each time.

I'm really curious as to what you've discovered. You must have some sort of data and information and what not. What are people doing? Is it along the lines of whatever predictions or assumptions you started with?

Monitoring over the weekend should be tricky too, because you're kind of putting yourselves in a position where the act of observing the servers will effect the outcome of what you're observing. A lot of people may be logging into their old dead servers for the first time in months just to see how it's doing now that transfers are coming. So whatever number you're looking at that could equate to an active player could be false to begin with if that active player is only temporarily visiting an old haunt.

We're watching the populations, watching how many are transferring, considering the impact of those transfers, and working to ensure destination servers have a healthy population. All of this data informs what we open up and where those servers go. It's important that we let the data we're receiving guide the process, and we appreciate everyone's understanding.

basically as they start to see that even with 10+ servers all going to the same place there still are not enough people left to make a single healthy server, they are panicing. My guess is someone at BW realised that they are going to have to do this whole thing over again in a month when half the detestation servers will no longer support a healthy population when all the 6 months cancelled accounts run out, so as always they have decided to combat it with a solution that is just causing more people to cancel (holding off on transfers).

I think people have just given up :p

I agree plus they pretty much already told us (without actually telling us of course because they never can just say what they mean) that we wont be origin or destination on darth bandon. Looks like after tomorrow they are basically done. 17 East coast PVE servers left out of the whole thing. 1000s of people who could all be having fun screwed over because somehow in 2012 a multi million dollar company cannot figure out something as basic as server transfers.

So if you like the server empty then dont transfer. What are you talking about? You dont even want your server to be populated as you just stated. I want 30 min queues. Id LOVE to wait 30 mins on someone instead of sitting for 3 months now trying to find 8 people who want to do the thing to begin with. If you like a deserted server you have 100s to choose from.

Saying I dont want overpopulation is not the same as saying I want a population. Which is why I am saying BW should not rush this transfer. I have alot of friends, and one of the last things I would want is for in the middle of the transfer process BW switches the destination server because everyone rushed them and the destination server is OVER full now.

And you say you like 30 minute queues now... until you have them. Then you will be right back here complaining again about how BW should have taken more time and gotten it right.

Edited by Blaac

For us on the remaining 3 EU pvp english servers there is only 1 thing they can do.Raise player cap

on TOFN and place us there fast.

I disagree. The remaining 3 will be enough to start a second healthy server going. The three combined can reach around 200-300 active during peak on each side and we have room for expansion. Not everyone wants to go to ToFN.

Saying I dont want overpopulation is not the same as saying I want a population. Which is why I am saying BW should not rush this transfer. I have alot of friends, and one of the last things I would want is for in the middle of the transfer process BW switches the destination server because everyone rushed them and the destination server is OVER full now.

And you say you like 30 minute queues now... until you have them. Then you will e right back here complaining again.[/quote

Hes already said he would rather wait 30 mins than having a dead server?

He wouldn't but there are others who wouldn't. There are already a few topics on the general discussion forums with people complaining about the larger populations and occasional queues. I just don't want to see a repeat of early access and launch all over again. That's part of the reason we're in this mess in the first place. (there are others, but that's for another day)

I have alot of friends, and one of the last things I would want is for in the middle of the transfer process BW switches the destination server because everyone rushed them and the destination server is OVER full now.

How many times do they have to say once the servers are linked they will not unlink them without PLENTY of warning?

I agree plus they pretty much already told us (without actually telling us of course because they never can just say what they mean) that we wont be origin or destination on darth bandon. Looks like after tomorrow they are basically done. 17 East coast PVE servers left out of the whole thing. 1000s of people who could all be having fun screwed over because somehow in 2012 a multi million dollar company cannot figure out something as basic as server transfers.

Couldn't say it better

PLEASE go read the article on the front page. They have said time and again all servers will be either destination or origin. The Only exception is EU RP.

I'm really curious as to what you've discovered. You must have some sort of data and information and what not. What are people doing? Is it along the lines of whatever predictions or assumptions you started with?

Monitoring over the weekend should be tricky too, because you're kind of putting yourselves in a position where the act of observing the servers will effect the outcome of what you're observing. A lot of people may be logging into their old dead servers for the first time in months just to see how it's doing now that transfers are coming. So whatever number you're looking at that could equate to an active player could be false to begin with if that active player is only temporarily visiting an old haunt.

Its pretty well known that observing an experiment changes the outcome, but such is life (and science).