Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers

CourtneyWoods

Are they announcing more today. This is when they stopped yesterday.

Im shocked they did the 2pm update so who knows. I certainly hope either today or tomorrow the rest of us are allowed to move also. Everytime they have a decision to make they ask themselves "Whats the worst possible way to do this?" and then they go with that.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because the one character I need to move is on Dune Bantha, if Red Eclipse isn't it's destination server, well I'd be as said, disappointed.

I can't imagine they'll consolidate all EU English PVE servers onto Red Eclipse. I wouldn't be surprised if the remaining 9 EU English PVE servers will be transferred to either Baccas Blade or Dune Bantha

Wouldn't be surprised if SMS is one of the last ones to go.

Although it's populations are in the gutter, both sides still have small PVE guilds that are in Denova. They are literally the only thing that has kept the server semi-alive these last few months.

It's just sad that it used to be on of the best PVE servers until it fell apart after 1.2. :(

The problem with BioWare is that they are poor at setting user expectations and then when stuff hits the fan, people get all pissed off.

BioWare would have been better off from the start if they had experienced customer service advocates. It would have been simple.

"Server transfers are set to begin on June 11th. This does not mean that ALL servers will be eligible for transfrer on this date. It is possible that the transfer process may take up to 1 week in order to properly size/configure and remediate any problems found during the transfer process. In addition we'd like to extend a free gaming period with those of you with active accounts for the next week. Since many have complained about not being able to play due to server populations, we'd like to extend your current membership by 1 week ."

You can tell that they are rookies running the customer service end of things with BioWare. They've made a lot of missteps. That's to be expected though..

As a user communinty and people that should know a little more about computers than others, especially those whom work in Software Development, you should KNOW that these things happen. With computers as soon as you recognize what you are doing is making something worse, you have to stop an re-evaluate. That is what I perceive BioWare as doing, evaluating any missteps, etc..

I've been dying for Belgoths Beacon to get transferred or become a destination server, sucks when only 12 People are in the Fleet.

Yoda would preach patience but since most of you are probably Sith, that doesn't sit well with you..

This is the best reply I have seen in a while. It acknowledges the severe shortcomings in communication but it also addresses the fact that we as a community need to use our heads more and loose them less.

I can't imagine they'll consolidate all EU English PVE servers onto Red Eclipse. I wouldn't be surprised if the remaining 9 EU English PVE servers will be transferred to either Baccas Blade or Dune Bantha

Despite the fact Dune Bantha has been dead since February.

Nah I'm cool. They told us it'd be gradual, I assumed it'd be a week or two. If its done Monday that'll be faster than I originally thought. Id rather them do it right than fast. They aren't ignoring us, someone has to be first, someone has to be last, thats life.

This ^ lol

Some choice in destination server would be much appreciated. My Empire characters are on Kathol Rift, making them eligible for transfer to Canderous Ordo. The problem is Canderous Ordo is the server where my Republic characters are and there isn't room for all of them.

I understand there's more US servers that need doing atm but can we expect any more waves today, particularly EU servers?

Seeing yesterday i would expect not. How ever they just released more about 20 minutes ago and it was all PvP do the next wave better be all PvE

I understand that they're updating the list of servers as they become available for transfer but I'd like a heads-up if our servers are being considered as a destination server or a origin(transfer from) server. My guild is still very active on Mind Trick but if we're going to have to move then I'd like the opportunity to notify everyone and plan a guild-wide transfer. If we're a destination server then my worries are misplaced.

Some choice in destination server would be much appreciated. My Empire characters are on Kathol Rift, making them eligible for transfer to Canderous Ordo. The problem is Canderous Ordo is the server where my Republic characters are and there isn't room for all of them.

Now that is a predicament, and one that I didn't see addressed in any Q&A prior to this whole thing taking place. Hopefully you can petition them for some relief instead of having to be stuck with a paid option later on down the line. Best of luck.

To be honest at this point they have 2 problems , 1 some of the destination servers are very heavy/full/que status and 2nd problem they dont have enough ppl to make a 2nd solid destination server , so BW chose what u want loose some subs by ppl waiting on que or lose the population on those servers still not merged with the big ones.

I guess a coin would be helpfull right now lol.

I expect one more wave around 5pm CDT, judging on when the last one went out yesterday, the same size as the other two today. Then we'll have another three waves tomorrow, probably also of the same size. The weekend will most likely be spent monitoring because there may be a few severs that tend to hover on that borderline that our own anecdotal experience will never see. Then on Monday it'll probably finish up any remaining server that has yet to be addressed. You never know though, it's fun to extrapoliate.

I honestly think they simply have no idea what to do next. It isnt secrecy what will they say? "We have no idea what we are doing guys you didnt know this by now?". Looks like now if you arent in the list you wont be for the weekend. Also why does Bioware need every staff in the company around to do transfers when triton has like 4 people working there including the janitor and they not only do them all the time but for free...

My thoughts as well. Since SMS was a lauch server with HUGE pops, how the hell can they balance these EC PvE ones now? I think either Shadowlands or Krayt should be destinations, and everyone else left (for PvE) goes there. why is this so damn difficult? Its like 21 EC PvE servers left and most were launch ones with, I am sure, tons of same-server rerolls/launch toons.

I'm sure Shadowlands/Krayt would not mind.. As Arnie says, "DO IT, DO IT NHOOOW!"

With the fatman filled to the brim, and 13 servers being sent to P5, The last 6 US East PvP servers can't help but wonder..

Do we get shoved into a med pop crappy 3rd server? or are we split between fatman and p5?

(Pure opinion incoming)

Finish the last 6 US East PvP servers in one batch, seeing as the people who whine the most in this game are PvPers :p

I expect one more wave around 5pm CDT, judging on when the last one went out yesterday, the same size as the other two today. Then we'll have another three waves tomorrow, probably also of the same size. The weekend will most likely be spent monitoring because there may be a few severs that tend to hover on that borderline that our own anecdotal experience will never see. Then on Monday it'll probably finish up any remaining server that has yet to be addressed. You never know though, it's fun to extrapoliate.

yesterday they finished around now

With the fatman filled to the brim, and 13 servers being sent to P5, The last 6 US East PvP servers can't help but wonder..

Do we get shoved into a med pop crappy 3rd server? or are we split between fatman and p5?

(Pure opinion incoming)

Finish the last 6 US East PvP servers in one batch, seeing as the people who whine the most in this game are PvPers :p

I'm hoping you guys come over to P5!