Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The wait wouldn't be so bad if everyone who's sitting on a dead server didn't have to read about all the happy people who have gotten them. I also laugh at the people who are whining about queue's... I'd happily wait for a queue to log into my server so I could actually get a PvP queue. I don't know what the hell is going on with these transfers except for the fact that I'm overly frustrated waiting for word on when my DEAD *** SERVER will be available for them.

I thought the amount of servers they made available yesterday might be a good sign, but today It sounds as though they're just going to trudge along with the remainder of them at this point.

My expectations are so low, I just better start expecting to be disappointed especially after they way they've handled this game in the past six months... and I've been paying for this aggravation on top of it all.

I feel like a masochist for playing this game as long as I have and each refresh to see if new servers have been added feels like another lash.

still doesn't EVEN compare to the fatman. I made a character on fatman just the other day and it had like 50 people just in Hutta and I assure you with only 140 people in the fleet there isn't going to be 50 people on one planet like the origin planets/leveling up. They should of at least doubled(if not more) the number of servers transfering to the prophecy of the five.

There are still 12 East Coast PVP servers that haven't been named :p

Keep posting numbers of active players on Prophecy of the Five please. I like watching all the haters eat their words as that number rises.

On another note, I really don't care if the destination only has 150-200 people online instead of 400-600 online, its still 145-195 more people than are currently online on my server.

It's not entitlement, it's limits. Everything has a limit, including patience. To see 80%+ (I'm not going to do the exact math) transfer and then to be told we might have to wait until next week is ********. One day, OK. Two days, OK, Three days, really? Four days, come on now. Five days (which it looks like it will be for some people, if not more than five), W T F?

Yes, but every one was told it would.be a one to two week process, and even despite the first day problems we are on track to meet the time table.that was.given to us. I would say that us pretty dang good, instead everyone is taking the glass is half empty approach because they think it is unfair. But it is very fair because we were given notice it would take this long.

belgoths beacon has 10 people on fleet and 41 on the entire server imp side. get me the hell out of here, im sick of not being able to play.

This. But I'm on Death Wind and it was 42 on Imp.

:(

I an patiently waiting to find out what's going on, but I have a slightly different prob than just char transfers. Due to a guild decision, they decided to have both light and dark chars on the one server due to the legacies. So I have 4 dark and 4 light chars on hydian Way. I now would prefer to have all my dark chars, both Peragus and Hydian ones on 1 destination server, and all my light siders on another destination server, the Bao Dur ones and the 4 from Hydian. This would give me in a perfect world 7 light on 1 server and 7 dark on another. However I have an awful feeling that all 3 of my servers will get channelled to the same destination. So what do we do with the 3 guilds involved over the 3 servers!!!!!

This has the makings of an awful mess due to BW not letting us pick the destination.

... The other servers WILL be closed... I doubt they are going to leave the server up for a few people.

Actually, for a look behind the curtain:

Leaving all of the old servers up, and closed for new character creation is very easy. In the computing world, you no longer have to have a physical machine taking up space in a rack, power, money, etc. in order to host each and every service. Nowadays the majority of stuff is virtualized.

All of these old servers are simply a database, sitting on a database server. It takes nothing to consolidate 30 'dead' servers to a single physical server. As far as the player on that dead server is concerned, they are the only one on their server... when in actuality, there are 30 different servers running on that box.

They could leave all of the old dead servers running without costing them anything more than a few minutes more a day doing server maintenance on "one more database."

Hi folks, just wanted to let you all know that we will be opening up more servers today. I also wanted to remind everyone that the opening of origin servers for free character transfers is now in the fine-tuning stage. We will be monitoring server populations and seeing how they stabilize. What this means is that, while we will open up more origin servers today, you're going to see fewer opening up this week and into the next. The weekend will also provide more data for us.

I have with agree with this.

Shadow Hand and The Shadowlands while light during the week have been known to be in the standard range on the weekends.

Edited by Urael

People don't seem to understand they did a lot of heavy loading yday, now as they said, they're fine tuning. They're making sure the servers are stable with such heavy loads (something which cant be checked earlier since...needed to move people there first). Now they'll see how many more they can put on them, and for those that are full - which servers will be chosen as second desitnations. Following that, a plan as to how to populate the second destination in the healthiest way possible.

personally i would be a lot happier accepting this if some one from bioware actually came and told us this, I've worked for years in a customer service environment and its amazing how much happier a customer getting the same lack of service is if you constantly update them and tell them what the delay is.

saying that got any CS jobs going?

Yes, but every one was told it would.be a one to two week process, and even despite the first day problems we are on track to meet the time table.that was.given to us. I would say that us pretty dang good, instead everyone is taking the glass is half empty approach because they think it is unfair. But it is very fair because we were given notice it would take this long.

I don't remember it ever being said that it would be "one to two weeks". Maybe I missed it but if that is the case, then they should have a name lottery - reset all the names and let people get them again - or work out a non-archaic naming convention system.

Hey Bioware I think the 15 people from all those servers you posted this morning and done transfering their characters. Please open up some more my stomach is in knots because Im so anxious for this transfer process to just be done.

Take some Pepto-Bismol cause this could go till after the weekend.

If BW wouldn't have waited until 90% of the servers were in crisis mode due to crashing populations this wouldn't be as frustrating an issue for people. How anyone could decide to launch an MMO with this many servers and apparently have absolutely no plan at all to deal with population imbalances is somewhat mind boggling.

I'm resigned that my servers won't be transferred until sometime next week, that's if we're lucky and BW doesn't find serious problems as they analyze the data over the weekend. If they do, God help us.

Um, thanks for offering a transfer from my west coast server to an east coast server. 3 times higher latency, and loss of my character's names? Sign me up! Now my server is dead and I will likely be forced onto an east coast server and lose the name I pre-ordered on day 1 and took time off of work to log in first minute of early access to reserve. Thanks so much!

I'm paying for a service and i haven' t been getting that service for weeks now. :(

I paid for 6 months upfront for this game and have endured every single one of Bioware's feck ups in the small hope that this game will fulfill it's potential and now I'm still getting screwed.

Ok, so we all know that your problem of a dead server will be fixed soon. So if you want you can be patient and you'll be transferred. That's a good thing.

But doesn't this tell you something about the future of this game? Do you think they have a morning conference where they talk about how they're going to live up to their potential? Do you suppose they're trying to figure out how to give their subscribers a better experience?

Are there really very many examples of good decisions making at all? Do you think that's going to change?