RP-PvP "Lord Calypho" - Excluded from Transfers...

LovarBoy

Just asnother PR flop for Biofail. I'm pretty sure this game won't survive this year. F2P or closure incomming. Transfers won't safe the game. We will be where we are now in 1-2 months again. Overhyped TORtanic. Last time I fell for this kind of scam. Elder Scrolls online, Guild Wars 2 etc. all effing scam.

At this point this game doesn't deserve to survive the year.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a statement he made on twitter. I will look around on my break for it.

This, maybe? This thread? Let's put what he said into its proper context, shall we?

But all I really do is pvp. Sadly, I'm on a dead server (Nathema). Patch 1.1 is going to have all level 50's in their own pvp queue. There's only a couple level 50's on the server that actually pvp. That means without a cross-server pvp queue I and other level 50's will NOT be able to pvp anymore.

Congrats on the 50. :)

Your server isn't 'dead' by any means, but it's a lower population server than some others. The good news is, the population is growing daily as more people buy the game and get online (we can see the growth). However, you're right in that the number of level 50 players is going to be small and won't increase dramatically in a short period of time.

Cross-server queuing for PvP is something that the development team wants to happen, but it's not going to be available in the near future. In the interim, you might want to try re-rolling a new character, either on your own server or another server (perhaps a PvP server?). On your own server, you'll be able to PvP all the way from L10 to L49 without any issue, and by the time you get close to the cap you can see how the L50 Warzone 'scene' is. On another server - especially a PvP server - you may find a more PvP-centric community.

When questioned about recommending it, Stephen was fairly clear that he made that recommendation for the OP, and NOT EVERYONE:

I'll admit, having a Bioware rep say reroll is a bit disheartening.

I gave an honest answer in response to his exact situation. That wasn't a blanket statement that applies to everyone on every server, but someone in a similar situation (finding themselves lacking opponents at the high level of a server) would get the same advice from me at this point. Don't take specific advice to one player as a directive from on-high which applies to all... that would be an exaggeration of my importance. ;)

The development team is committed to exploring all options to ensure that everyone has a good experience playing the game, but that doesn't mean every situation will be individually catered for. Given our current circumstances, I'd give the same advice if asked again.

Edited by JeramieCrowe

This, maybe? This thread? Let's put what he said into its proper context, shall we?

When questioned about recommending it, Stephen was fairly clear that he made that recommendation for the OP, and NOT EVERYONE:

You are being a bit of a 'barrack room lawyer' there mate. Ironically, the biggest beefs of a lot of people, i.e levelling is too quick, gear is too easy to get and lack of sandbox features mean I am not attached to my character, mean that re rolling is relatively painless.

I got bored with the forums recently and actually started playing the game a bit with a toon on a fresh server (TOFN) and have actually been quite enjoying it. On tuesday I will move my 7 50's from their dead server to the designated one but tbh I do not even feel slightly engaged with them so I will still probably continue to play my TOFN toon til my sub ends.

Pretty sure I said it was a statement he made on twitter... not here on the 'official forums.' While I do remember this thread, this wasn't the one I was referring to as it was too close to launch and was when server population first began to take a dip. Additionally, I would add the snarky attitude wasn't necessary about putting something into context that I wasn't even going to use as my base for an argument.... which I find a bit offensive considering I wasn't attempting to bait or flame. Just offered information that I would look for later when I wasn't at work.

However now that I realize that its you JeramieCrow that I am going to be trying to argue my point with I am going to go ahead and forfeit, its not worth trying to make a legitimate argument with you about this game because of your blind undying allegiance. Seriously getting defensive before I even post my case? Hell, I may have came back and apologized if I hadn't been able to find an actual link but now, jeesh. Honestly I don't know why they haven't hired you for community manager yet.

:rolleyes:

Pretty sure I said it was a statement he made on twitter... not here on the 'official forums.' While I do remember this thread, this wasn't the one I was referring to as it was too close to launch and was when server population first began to take a dip. Additionally, I would add the snarky attitude wasn't necessary about putting something into context that I wasn't even going to use as my base for an argument.... which I find a bit offensive considering I wasn't attempting to bait or flame. Just offered information that I would look for later when I wasn't at work.

However now that I realize that its you JeramieCrow that I am going to be trying to argue my point with I am going to go ahead and forfeit, its not worth trying to make a legitimate argument with you about this game because of your blind undying allegiance. Seriously getting defensive before I even post my case? Hell, I may have came back and apologized if I hadn't been able to find an actual link but now, jeesh. Honestly I don't know why they haven't hired you for community manager yet.

:rolleyes:

Ahh, ok. Well, that's why I asked nicely if that was the one. You weren't really clear in your other post. On minute you said forum, then next you said Twitter. I shall now check there.

Also, if you really do know me, then your second paragraph wouldn't even be here. Please see other posts by me complaining about plenty of things.

Edited by JeramieCrowe

Pretty sure I said it was a statement he made on twitter... not here on the 'official forums.'

*phew* That was a lot of tweets. The only one I found him recommending rolling on another server was:

Rockjaw Stephen Reid

Queues. There will be more servers. Pop caps will be raised. If you don't want to queue, I would consider another server.

Clear back in December, about server queues, and certainly not anything about abandoning an existing character on a dead server. Also, found a LOT of tweets of him responding to people that said that GM's were saying the only option was to reroll on another server, in which he replied to just wait for transfers (which he started stating clear back towards the end of February).

Now, there were, like I said, a LOT of tweets. So if I missed it, I'd love to see it.

Thanks! :cool:

Edited by JeramieCrowe

If your willing to fork out the cash to do it they will.

They can now say they did free transfer and start with the paid transfer.

Incorrect. Read the blog again. Everything above the subheading "The Next Step" is the free phase. That means that transfers will remain free until the servers are adequately populated.

Incorrect. Read the blog again. Everything above the subheading "The Next Step" is the free phase. That means that transfers will remain free until the servers are adequately populated.

The first phase is a free phase. That is the phase where origin server can goto destination server that Bioware has picked for them.

As per Biowares own words:

The next step

We believe that by carefully allowing character transfer between select origin and destination servers, players will have a healthier gameplay experience. With the Group Finder available in Game Update 1.3, we intend for players to be able to easily assemble full groups for all sorts of content.

We understand that some of you may be looking to consolidate characters from a variety of origin servers onto one server, and others may be anxious to move to a specific server to be with friends. With the restrictions of this initial service, that may not be possible. We still believe that you will enjoy playing on a higher population server and hope you'll take advantage of the service, but you won't be forced to transfer.This is the first transfer phase they are talking about Future versions of the Character Transfer Service may allow more options in your choice of destination servers and may require a transfer fee.This is after the first transfer phase of origin servers to destination servers of biowares choosing While we do not have a scheduled time frame for the launch of such a service, we are committed to making improvements to the Character Transfer Service over time to provide players with a great gameplay experience. Stay tuned to http://www.StarWarsTheOldRepublic.com for more details!

The reason they say it might have a fee is because:

1. Might sounds better than will

2. They could still do transfers of origin to destination servers of biowares choosing for free.

Any transfer of a toon to a server than is not picked by Bioware will be a paid service transfer.

Can you link the blog your referning to so I can read it.

The first phase is a free phase. That is the phase where origin server can goto destination server that Bioware has picked for them.

As per Biowares own words:

The next step

I stopped reading right there because I said to read what's BEFORE that.

And I quote:

Depending on the number of characters transferred, the destination and origin servers eligible for transfer may be altered during the process.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS IS DURING THE FREE PHASE^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Remember, the goal here is to push almost every destination server to an active population that's higher.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ALSO DURING THE FREE PHASE^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Edited by JeramieCrowe

Simple, I have a level 50 merc with full centurion that I made the mistake of creating on that server. For months now I have been on TOFN with my other level 50s. Rolling on this server was a complete mistake. We won't ever be getting a transfer, only time we will, it will be pay2transfer.

Please, kill yourself © South Park

Just came to say I'm very disappointed. 30 people on prime-time for the MMORPG-server - this is epic fail. This is unfair to leave this server unpopulated just because Developers couldn't establish a good RP-PVP environment for the SWTOR.

Can anyone say:

- is there any way to affect that ***-2-customer decision?

- will be a possibility to pay to transfer from that server?

Edited by Dinochrom

First post and last post

been on SWTOR from the early beginning been enjoying this game alot but the last months are realy diffucult too hold on

PVP is almost dead if not on prime time and trying too get people together for ops even with guild is big hassle

And now you tell me there will be no server transfer because of the word RP (nonexistant on lord calypho) so i canceled my sub im not gonna pay just too let me move too another server

Bioware you're the next Westwood great developper on youre own but under the wings of EA you're just a shadow of what you used too be .....

A quick update to give you an idea how Bioware Community people responsible for Twitter prioritze tweets.

Tweets answered yesterday:

USER: Finaly dingd 50! Have been busy gearing up & tanked my 1st HM FPs with my new guild ...

BIOWARE: That's awesome! I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying #SWTOR! Keep me updated on your adventures!

USER: Finished all my Guardian class quests on Nar Shaddaa and Tatooine tonight. Plot twist with Kira was most excellent.

BIOWARE: Glad to hear that you're enjoying your class quests! Keep me updated on your Guardian's epic journey!

USER: I made it to 50!

BIOWARE: Congratulations! What are your in-game plans now?

Tweets unanswered:

Knights in Black Satin: Will RP-PVP servers be included in server transfers? Some posts in German forums imply that they wouldn't. (We are Lord Calypho guild)

Edited by vandana_

This is there way of muscling a select group into paying for transfers. They knew they could get it from those that would continue to play on the RP servers...

Yeah, that seems to be a reward for being faithful to the game.

Tweets unanswered:

Knights in Black Satin: Will RP-PVP servers be included in server transfers? Some posts in German forums imply that they wouldn't. (We are Lord Calypho guild)

I can definitely see how his is frustrating for those of you who will be without server transfers in this stage :( however BW has already said many times that in this stage all transfers will be only from and to servers with the same type and language. This kind of "you are not answering our questions!" when they clearly have answered many times, is not helping anyone, it's just that you do not like the answer so you keep asking hoping that it would change.

In this stage the answer will not change, possibly because BW realizes that if they only opened up transfers away from the only German RP-PVP server and not to it, then that would with 100% certainty be the death of that server. Also possibly because these are not really transfers, they are merges in disguise, and probably some people on your server would prefer to stay on the type of server they are now on.

You'll get transfers eventually, but not right now. In my opinion, instead of making up things that are false ("they aren't answering our questions"), you should focus on having a discussion with BW on how they can give you what you want in the future, because if you keep making up things that are false, then no one will be able take you seriously.

I hope your situation will be resolved soon.

This kind of "you are not answering our questions!" when they clearly have answered many times, is not helping anyone, it's just that you do not like the answer so you keep asking hoping that it would change.

To be fair, I haven't heard any clear response from Bioware on the subject of English RP-PVP server transfers. I have heard some speculation from German forums. I read the post about respecting server types when introducing servers but when reading it it didn't even cross my mind that RP-PVP servers will be excluded from transfers because such an option is extremely offensive to Lord Calypho and other RP servers community and I really believed that Bioware can do better than that.

So you are wrong, my question was a genuine enquiry whether or not we are getting the transfers, When you write about Bioware not willing to allow transfers from RP servers because those servers would die (as if they weren't almost dead already) you are speculating as well. I'm tired of all the speculation and I just want a clear answer and re-assurance if I heard it right because it seems so incredibly stupid and ignorant not to allow us to transfer.

I have been on Lord Calypho since launch day 20 December and today have my SWTOR three characters on this RP-PVP server which you can see in my signature.

While I expected that we would not be ones to transfer I did imagine that allowance for people to come on Lord Calypho would have been available. I say this because despite all this, the server is still alive, especially to what regards PvP. PvE is a bit dead especially on Rep side.

Fleet numbers stated in this post are a bit false. We always touch 50+ in peak time on Rep fleet, and last week we had a few days with 90+. Surely this is not enough, and some improvements (allowance for transfer to our server) need and have to be made.

When I checked with my Imp alt they usually have to a minimum like 25% more to us. Yesterday I was in Balmorra, an level 20 planet and there was 20-30 people there from 2300 t0 midnite.

For anyone's information a single person level 50 WZ pop in REP side takes about 2 - 5 mins in peak time, and less to 10 mins in early CET afternoon time. Think before 1700.

That is all I can say. And if we are not in the first wave, I hope that allowance for transfer to our lovely server is in the second or third waves.

Edited by limenutpen

When you write about Bioware not willing to allow transfers from RP servers because those servers would die (as if they weren't almost dead already) you are speculating as well.

Yes of course, which is why I clearly marked it as such by saying that it's possible.

I read the post about respecting server types

This is the answer. I don't know why you ever expected anything different after reading it.

I know that it's difficult to accept, since it absolutely should be possible to transfer away from any server, in my opinion it should have been possible to do this already several months ago.

Still however, even if you do not like it, this is the answer. Pretending like it isn't is only harming your cause. Time to move forward and focus on the future.

Edited by Rassuro

i hate to say it,, but not every server will be chosen this time for transfers.. it doesnt mean bioware wont do it again if they dont need to. it doesnt mean that you need to quit the game. it just seems to scream to me that you are gonna take your ball and go home and not let anyone play with you..

seems kinda childish if you enjoy the game. either reroll or wait to see if they add more transfers in the future.