RP-PvP "Lord Calypho" - Excluded from Transfers...

LovarBoy

you know when paid transfers come in you could always just transfer then.. should you have to... no. but if you are unhappy where you are its an option.. obviously bw doesnt see that your server is in dire need of a transfer.. wont say if its true or not.. dont play on it.. but obviously they have criteria and your server doesnt meet it

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you know when paid transfers come in you could always just transfer then.. should you have to... no. but if you are unhappy where you are its an option..

No, we shouldn't be paying for what other customers get for free - availability to play in a server that has a healthy population with characters we put 6 months of effort in.

obviously bw doesnt see that your server is in dire need of a transfer.. wont say if its true or not.. dont play on it.. but obviously they have criteria and your server doesnt meet it

Thank you for assumptions. Now, if you want to be constructive go make a character on Lord Calypho, get to the fleet and start gathering population numbers. if you want to entertain yourself in the process and make a group for anything I must disappoint you - you won't be able to.

No, we shouldn't be paying for what other customers get for free - availability to play in a server that has a healthy population with characters we put 6 months of effort in.

Thank you for assumptions. Now, if you want to be constructive go make a character on Lord Calypho, get to the fleet and start gathering population numbers. if you want to entertain yourself in the process and make a group for anything I must disappoint you - you won't be able to.

wow.. simmer down.. i didnt say anything about assumptions..bioware obviously doesnt feel you need transfers or they would be there..

and i said if you read carefully you shouldnt HAVE to pay for a transfer.. b ut it is an option..and i am sure there will be pleanty of people on na servers in the same boat as you... you are upset.. and i can understand why you would be.. but this entire thread seems to be a whine thread about how unfair something is.. that is unfair for everyone in the situation not just you.

they never said there wouldnt be another round of transfers..it seems logical to have more than one until the populations are in check with where they want to be...

besides i dont know how you got proof that your server isnt included.. considering no one else has? you magic.. or something?:p

Still however, even if you do not like it, this is the answer. Pretending like it isn't is only harming your cause.

For the last time, I'm not pretending anything. I would like to hear a clarification because as I said, lack of transfers for us seems to me just unbelievable. To be honest, lack of an answer is also an answer which confirms the speculation - transfers are not coming for us.

Now, I can see no harm for the cause in asking those questions. And I'm sorry but I don't see how your posts which are telling me that I should be satisfied with what I see as a half-baked answer are useful to the cause either.

If the transfers aren't coming on 12th for us then we can start a discussion on when they are coming and how. I'm afraid in the end there may be no one to discuss anything on our side though.

To be fair, I haven't heard any clear response from Bioware on the subject of English RP-PVP server transfers. I have heard some speculation from German forums. I read the post about respecting server types when introducing servers but when reading it it didn't even cross my mind that RP-PVP servers will be excluded from transfers because such an option is extremely offensive to Lord Calypho and other RP servers community and I really believed that Bioware can do better than that.

So you are wrong, my question was a genuine enquiry whether or not we are getting the transfers, When you write about Bioware not willing to allow transfers from RP servers because those servers would die (as if they weren't almost dead already) you are speculating as well. I'm tired of all the speculation and I just want a clear answer and re-assurance if I heard it right because it seems so incredibly stupid and ignorant not to allow us to transfer.

Oh, it's no speculation in the German forums.

They officially told us that our RP-PvP server will have NO destination server and that it's excluded from the transfers because of it's uniqueness.

Maybe they change this unlogical idea but the official answer ( and I think it's valid for every other unique-per-region RP-PvP server ) is: RP-PvP servers that are unique per region will not have any destination at the transfers starting June 12th.

Edited by LovarBoy

The problem is when you read the details so far about transfers and take the minimal expectation (which is the only way I read anything from Bioware now after Georg lied to us regarding crew skills in 1.2. He doesn't even respect the customer base enough to even reply to the massive thread about reverse engineering oranges, but that's a different matter)

The way I read the details and applied the minimal expectation to the notes so far is there is no solid commitment to any future phases of transfers and there is no solid commitment to any ability to move your characters to a specific server. Personally I think if the inital server transfers solve 95% of the customers issues they probably won't bother with the last 5%.

You have 1 day left until transfers start, and if there nothing that commitments solving this servers/my characters issues within a reasonable time frame, then i'm spending my subcription money with a company that knows what customer service actually is....

For the last time, I'm not pretending anything. I would like to hear a clarification because as I said, lack of transfers for us seems to me just unbelievable. To be honest, lack of an answer is also an answer which confirms the speculation - transfers are not coming for us.

This is my last post on this matter

There is no need for clarification because this issue has never been vague or confusing, it has always been very clear. In this stage there will only be from and to servers of the same language, region, and type. This goes for every single server, yours is not a special exception.

Now, I can see no harm for the cause in asking those questions. And I'm sorry but I don't see how your posts which are telling me that I should be satisfied with what I see as a half-baked answer are useful to the cause either.

This behavior is harmful because when you keep this up you loose credibility and you dilute the message. It's the same thing as back when BW said that they weren't doing a QA that week because a lot of people were just asking questions that were already answered, and people were hoping that the answers would change. Because of this, people who actually had valid questions were ignored. I'm trying to help you avoid this, but apparently you do not want to.

No one is asking you to be satisfied, in my opinion you definitely should not be satisfied with this. There should be server transfers for all.

I don't know why, but you have misunderstood a lot of things, perhaps there is a language barrier here? Calm down, and realize that your behavior will not help your cause in the long run.

Oh, it's no speculation in the German forums.

They officially told us that our RP-PvP server will have NO destination server and that it's excluded from the transfers because of it's uniqueness.

Well, since as you say that was specifically said by CS and there has been no response to this thread or Twitter it's time to stop asking questions about 12th June. Now, I should probably go to Twitter and tell them that our community expects better. But I'm getting tired...

I cared for SWTOR. I posted numerous posts about missing features, engine optimization and better space combat. My tone may have not been always kind and understanding but "It's a cruel Galaxy" and in the end I only wished for the game to be good. I can put up with bugs, delayed features, imperfect engine. But I cannot put up with lack of basic respect and not being aware enough to think of how bad of a PR and customer care move this is.

There was a game I played some time ago. When I played it I never posted in its forums because developers of this game somehow never failed me and were professional in whatever they were doing. The only exception was when they came up with an idea of charging premium fee for using group finder with RealID friends (now you know which game I talking about). There are just certain things you can't do to your community.

Edited by vandana_

No one is asking you to be satisfied, in my opinion you definitely should not be satisfied with this. There should be server transfers for all.

Lets leave it here. I'm gonna pretend you didn't write that last paragraph.

The official responses from the german forum can be found earlier in this thread;

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=475348&page=11

The thread in german forum, if you can read and understand german.

http://www.swtor.com/de/community/showthread.php?t=475302

But maybe for clarification we could use a response in the english forums as well. But it looks like we have to wait for the american to get out of their beds :)

This will have a extremely detrimental effect on our server. It has happened before on other games and then they merged servers with pvp or rp pve. right now there is nigh on to zero difference to a pve server. i would much prefer the transfers to be rp pve, since its more abou tthe maturity of the crowd which matters imo, then the l33tpvp crowd.

that said, i am a avid pvper, and roleplayer.

I agree with that not being included in the server transfers will be very detrimental for the EU RP-PVP servers simply because of how this will be percieved by the players on those servers and their possible reactions. It's demoralizing.

A quick update to give you an idea how Bioware Community people responsible for Twitter prioritze tweets.

Tweets answered yesterday:

USER: Finaly dingd 50! Have been busy gearing up & tanked my 1st HM FPs with my new guild ...

BIOWARE: That's awesome! I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying #SWTOR! Keep me updated on your adventures!

USER: Finished all my Guardian class quests on Nar Shaddaa and Tatooine tonight. Plot twist with Kira was most excellent.

BIOWARE: Glad to hear that you're enjoying your class quests! Keep me updated on your Guardian's epic journey!

USER: I made it to 50!

BIOWARE: Congratulations! What are your in-game plans now?

Tweets unanswered:

Knights in Black Satin: Will RP-PVP servers be included in server transfers? Some posts in German forums imply that they wouldn't. (We are Lord Calypho guild)

Classic. :) It's just like Q&A's.

The entire RP-PVP situation is ridiculous.

"Play on a dead server that's RP-PVP in EUR? Too bad." - EA/BW

Talk about an obvious retention issue. I guess EA/BW doesn't want to retain those players subscriptions.

The entire RP-PVP situation is ridiculous.

"Play on a dead server that's RP-PVP in EUR? Too bad." - EA/BW

Talk about an obvious retention issue. I guess EA/BW doesn't want to retain those players subscriptions.

They simply dont care..

Because someone told them that «people is returning to swtor!!», «Awesome news: subscriptions will double in next few weeks!»..

lol..

Joining swtor community is like lottery.

You have choose server, played for 6 monthes and «whoa! great news! YOU LOSE!»

Try to reroll on deiifrent server and expect that this server will not be dead in 4-5 monthes..

Or pretend you are playing an MMO with all those 4 other people on your planet.

BW / EA started to lie, after xfers and f2p they will announce swtor got 2,5 million subs (2mil of it will be lv15 free subs), they ll tell shareholders that there wont be any problem.

My anger is not only to the fail transfers or bad handling of a mmo, my anger is mostly to the cheap PR methods that company uses. Marketing is not reversing and twisting words to save the day, it is year 2012 where is communication , why on earth we dont see any reply from any employer ? Lack of communication, unkept promises around how do you expect us to trust your next patch notes. You just cant reply to our situation and you keep silent. This is pathetic , there is problem that affects 1k people and we are talking to the wall. Open xfer from other servers to Lord Calypho if you dont want to ruin your reputation by shutting down unofficially the only eng. rp-pvp server.

If you dont put few informative words to this thread , shame on you !

You are RPers right? Just imagine and roll play that you are on a more populated server. Problem solved.

Yeah, you need just a massive amount of mirrors.

If you place 4-5 mirrors next to a sole Flamingo, he will never feel alone.

Just do the same and you'll be fine. ;)

It’s quite simple “the squeaky wheel gets the grease” By making our feelings publically known with sufficient gusto and vigour we can change the situation. Just refer to blizzard real id drama or Mass effect 3 ending, it is possible.

1. We keep this thread alive and updated with our reasonable demands.

2. For what it’s worth we promote the issue on the server with those that remain, and refer to this thread. If we get enough of the server voicing their opinions regarding what happens to their characters and their legacy then they will resolve the situation to keep us quiet and stop the bad PR.

3. Promote our cause via 3rd party news sites, darthhater, their facebook page, their twitter account, massively and any other sites we can think of.

After all we are not asking for special treatment, just to treated with the same consideration as every other customer.

It’s quite simple “the squeaky wheel gets the grease” By making our feelings publically known with sufficient gusto and vigour we can change the situation. Just refer to blizzard real id drama or Mass effect 3 ending, it is possible.

1. We keep this thread alive and updated with our reasonable demands.

2. For what it’s worth we promote the issue on the server with those that remain, and refer to this thread. If we get enough of the server voicing their opinions regarding what happens to their characters and their legacy then they will resolve the situation to keep us quiet and stop the bad PR.

3. Promote our cause via 3rd party news sites, darthhater, their facebook page, their twitter account, massively and any other sites we can think of.

After all we are not asking for special treatment, just to treated with the same consideration as every other customer.

/signed

Precisely. Not asking for special treatment, just an opportunity to transfer my characters to a populated PvP server.

Edited by Rogoo

The whole "only transfer to a specific server of your same type" issue just seems like one more example of Bioware's bush-league approach to MMO development/management. There's really no reason for it aside from their not knowing what they're doing. If anything else the server merge fiasco of SWTOR has made me appreciate the approach of games like Champions Online & STO, the idea of choosing your server and being stuck there has been outdated for a long time.