RP-PvP "Lord Calypho" - Excluded from Transfers...

LovarBoy

The whole "only transfer to a specific server of your same type" issue just seems like one more example of Bioware's bush-league approach to MMO development/management. There's really no reason for it aside from their not knowing what they're doing. If anything else the server merge fiasco of SWTOR has made me appreciate the approach of games like Champions Online & STO, the idea of choosing your server and being stuck there has been outdated for a long time.

It's quite clever to force the player to join only a few servers.

It's a server-merge in baby shoes. Nothing but a pseudo-merge.

They lead the majority of the people to selected servers and in 1 or 2 months the other servers will be shut down.

They just wanted to disguise the necessity of merges and yeah... did or do this method.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The whole "only transfer to a specific server of your same type" issue just seems like one more example of Bioware's bush-league approach to MMO development/management. There's really no reason for it aside from their not knowing what they're doing. If anything else the server merge fiasco of SWTOR has made me appreciate the approach of games like Champions Online & STO, the idea of choosing your server and being stuck there has been outdated for a long time.

I think it's intentional. With lots of limitations in the initial transfer, there will be a much larger market in the immediate future of players interested in paying for a transfer to wherever they wish to go.

I know that BW and EA are for profit, and I understand that they need to keep the money flowing in. But, on the other side of that coin, most of the servers are Light, and a lot of those servers have been dead for months. Those people in those servers have been paying a lot of money for very low person to person interaction. BW/EA should do the right thing and offer a decently generous initial transfer service as a sign that they understand the misery of dead servers and are willing to meet in the middle.

After thats done, and some confidence is shored up in the community, then it is time to break out the paid transfers to where ever.

I feel like I'm getting screwed over repeatedly by odd decisions and weird, over the top greed. I'm not known for throwing money at business' that I think are ripping me off.

Edited by -Dench

But they haven't even confirmed that there will be the option to transfer to a specific server. The details so far use the term "may". I'm not expecting much, if they said that once the first phase of transfers has been completed which would take circa 2 weeks they they would allow paid specific transfers then I would be happy.

I'm pretty sure this issue affects all rp -pvp servers other than Ven Zallow and Jung Ma which will probably merge into a mediocre-popped server (Ajunta Pall is in its own region). Not cool.

All rp-pvp servers should be flagged as origin servers with transfers to pvp servers as destination servers if there's no way to give players a choice between rp and pvp.

We're really going to be dealing with 10k+ annoyed customers, not just LC's.

If we just had a x-server lfg/wz most of this wouldn't matter so much.

You nailed it.

An incompetent company keeping server types for the sake of it.

You nailed it.

Maybe for some, be we on our RP-PvE server were discussing this last week in General (before they clarified they were restricting same server type) and hoping they would restrict it, because we love our community and we don't want an influx of non-RPers or "kids".

Edited by JeramieCrowe

Maybe for some, be we on our RP-PvE server were discussing this last week in General (before they clarified they were restricting same server type) and hoping they would restrict it, because we love our community and we don't want an influx of non-RPers or "kids".

But let those who are prepared to move to a standard PVE or PVP server the option. The interesting bit is the twitter questions they would answer, asked things like "Now you are 50 what is your plan next?" Well my answer is none as I have no idea if my current characters are worth playing, and I'm not doing to start fresh on another server only for a viable solution to suddenly appear in 2 weeks for my current characters.

Edited by Ulran

But let those who are prepared to move to a standard PVE or PVP server the option. The interesting bit is the twitter questions they would answer, asked things like "Now you are 50 what is your plan next?" Well my answer is none as I have no idea if my current characters are worth playing, and I'm not doing to start fresh on another server only for a viable solution to suddenly appear in 2 weeks for my current characters.

There IS going to be that option, though! Just not at the very first.

You nailed it.

The worse in that was when they listened to the community and added RP-PvP servers.

You chose a specific playstyle based on RP and PvP, there's only one server of that kind, not sure why it would be a source of transfer, a destination would be more meaningful.

The worse in that was when they listened to the community and added RP-PvP servers.

You chose a specific playstyle based on RP and PvP, there's only one server of that kind, not sure why it would be a source of transfer, a destination would be more meaningful.

If it wasn't for my guild wanting RP-PvE, I would have definitely chosen RP-PvP, and may still roll an alt there. Regular PvP? No, thanks.

We could always be an origin server with a possibility to go to PVP or RP-PVE. And responding to all those who say that we chose RP-PVP so we should stick to it. Yes, that would very much be the case if the server wasn't in the same state as every other server (dying population). The choice between 30-people-in-fleet RP-PVP and healthy population ANY type of server is clear to me and I'm sure most of us.

Edited by vandana_

Yep, sure could.

And just because BioWare has only stated generalities so far does not mean that they don't have some kind of a plan for Lord Calypho.

I don't care about some, unspecified, "we are very excited about", "it's coming soon", "we will have more details for you when we are ready" crap.

I want to be treated as every other customer playing this game. If there were batches of transfer openings included in THIS particular transfer phase I wouldn't mind. but this is not the case. As it stands right now we are not getting the transfers and that is ********.

Yep, sure could.

And just because BioWare has only stated generalities so far does not mean that they don't have some kind of a plan for Lord Calypho.

If so it would be very nice of them to step in and say something about it.

There IS going to be that option, though! Just not at the very first.

http://www.swtor.com/blog/character-transfer-server-populations-and-you

Future versions of the Character Transfer Service may allow more options in your choice of destination servers and may require a transfer fee. While we do not have a scheduled time frame for the launch of such a service

no time frame, no commitment "may" is not concrete commitment to solving our server issue.

As it stands right now we are not getting the transfers and that is ********.

And what I'm saying is that there is no indication of this. It just, logically, cannot be the same way as the majority of other servers. But to assume that nothing is going to be done is erroneous.

Once again a brand new CM answer on the problematic with RP-PvP transfers. Posted from the CM at 6:45 PM.

German version:

Ok, hier die Infos, die ihr haben wolltet, auch wenn sie einigen von euch nicht gefallen werden ...

Wir haben uns in diesem ersten Schritt entschlossen, nur zwischen den gleichen Servertypen zu transferieren. Das bedeutet nur von PvP zu PvP, RP-PvE zu RP-PvE, PvE zu PvE und RP-PvP zu RP-PvP.

Für die europäischen RP-PvP-Server bedeutet das, wie wir alle wissen, dass in diesem ersten Schritt keine Transfers stattfinden werden.

Wir alle wissen, dass RP-PvP-Server tendentiell zu den kleineren Servern gehören. Aus diesem Grund hatten wir zunächst diesen Servertyp nicht einmal vorgesehen. Die Community hat sich zum Launch RP-PvP-Server gewünscht und wir möchten diesen Servertyp gerne für die begeisterten RP-PvP-Spieler erhalten. Ihr konntet ja selbst im Laufe der Diskussion hier sehen, dass es auch unter den Spielern auf Jen'jidai keine Einigkeit gibt, wer wann wohin transferieren soll.

Ich kann euch versichern, dass wir hier ständig ein Auge auf die Situation auf den RP-PvP-Servern haben werden und eingreifen, falls es nötig werden sollte.

Translated & Summarized:

In the first step of the transfers only same server type transfers are possible. Yet there is only one RP-PvP server per European region, they are not included in the transfers starting tomorrow.

Bla bla bla bla we are sorry bla bla bla bla.

We always take a look on the server population to ensure a high amount of game quality and fun.

Bla bla bla bla bla bla bla.

_____

It's official.

RP-PvP servers are the stepchilds of BioWare's transfers.

Edited by LovarBoy

It's official.

RP-PvP servers are the stepchilds of BioWare's transfers.

They stated they are going to monitor the populations and intervene. How is that not a good thing? It mihgt not be the way YOU think it would be, but that doesn't mean nothing is going to be done.

Edited by JeramieCrowe

They stated they are going to monitor the populations and intervene. How is that not a good thing? It mihgt not be the way YOU think it would be, but that doesn't mean nothing is going to be done.

Then they need to commit that SOMETHING WILL happen. If I've learned one thing in my life a career the only person who looks after you is you, and noone is going put themselves out for you unless you demand it.

Translated & Summarized:

In the first step of the transfers only same server type transfers are possible. Yet there is only one RP-PvP server per European region, they are not included in the transfers starting tomorrow.

Bla bla bla bla we are sorry bla bla bla bla.

We always take a look on the server population to ensure a high amount of game quality and fun.

Bla bla bla bla bla bla bla.

What a load of complete crap. Bye Bioware.

About two months ago they also stated that they are not loosing subs. The game director himself said that we will have monthly patches. They said a lot of things. Never delivered on the post launch promises so far.

Edited by Rogoo

About two months ago they also stated that they are not loosing subs. The game director himself said that we will have monthly patches. They said a lot of things. Never delivered on the post launch promises so far.

Oh that completely relates here, yeah, I see the correlation.... err, no I don't. :confused:

If it makes you feel any better, it wasn't Daniel Erickson that said the above...

Edited by JeramieCrowe