HK-51: Minimum of 1 Empire and 1 Republic Toon On Same Server to Unlock

8 is a fair amount of character slots and (oh, what a coincidence) the number of classes available in the game. Players who segregate their characters need to realise they are A) being greedy and B) the minority.

In Galaxies, we had 2 character slots, 2!

8 is a perfectly fair and logical amount, asking for more because you choose to play the game in an unusual manner is your problem.

I fail to see how "1 of each main class" is any less unusual than "1 of each advanced class", or "1 of each species", both of which can't be done with 8 slots. Not to mention, the 1 of each species not being able to be done means we can't even fully complete a Legacy without A: Deleting a character after getting it to 50, or B: Purchasing something that has a non-purchase unlock option.

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why should Bioware have to accommodate your choices? This companion is not needed, necessary, required, or mandatory. So what if you have 8 imperials on the same server and don't feel like doing it. Since when was Bioware required to make every cool item or piece of content you like available to your specific, redundant playstyle? What if you wanted to be able to do the new Op Explosive Conflict? That is only open to people who have completed specific content and gotten specific gear. PVP players can't experience it without doing what the PVE players did, and neither can the "soloers". You have a simple choice. Delete one of your five level 10 and under characters (lets be honest, most of you are complaining about having to delete a character you've only logged on once) and create an opposite faction player and level it for a few days, or not get HK-51. Bioware doesn't have to make everything open to everyone. This is an MMO, not a single player game. People are going to have things others don't have because THEY put in the work.

I fail to see how "1 of each main class" is any less unusual than "1 of each advanced class", or "1 of each species", both of which can't be done with 8 slots. Not to mention, the 1 of each species not being able to be done means we can't even fully complete a Legacy without A: Deleting a character after getting it to 50, or B: Purchasing something that has a non-purchase unlock option.

Advanced classes are just different gameplay mechanics, the class itself has the same story. If you wanted to play all the advanced classes, just play each class with the opposite advanced class to that of the mirror class. ie, if you play a Gunslinger Smuggler play an Operative Agent. That way you get to play all the different playstyles and all the classes. As for species- fluff. 8 is plenty and I'm surprised people feel so entitled as to complain about it. Sad to see Bioware is giving in to such a demand.

http://www.darthhater.com/articles/swtor-news/20634-e3-2012-darth-hater-interview-with-daniel-erickson

so based on his remarks we have play both factions on 1 server to get this LEGACY companion to unlock. Not cool

I agree completely. Whats the point in playing both sides?? IMO it really kid of takes the fun out of things and possibly could unbalance the sides in the long run. I mean honestly most games don't let you play both sides on same server for that simple reason, but then again we are talking about EA and Bioware... Reminds me of something we say in the military, Commen Sense is not a common virtue. Seems to be the case here IMO

I agree completely. Whats the point in playing both sides?? IMO it really kid of takes the fun out of things and possibly could unbalance the sides in the long run. I mean honestly most games don't let you play both sides on same server for that simple reason, but then again we are talking about EA and Bioware... Reminds me of something we say in the military, Commen Sense is not a common virtue. Seems to be the case here IMO

*Psssst!*

The game is already massively unbalanced. So um, your statement is actually wrong to the complete opposite end of the spectrum. It could actually help balance things.

if we have to play both sides of the fence.. why the **** is there a fence?

People are going to have things others don't have because THEY put in the work.

How is leveling characters on two different servers less "work" than leveling the same number of characters on a single server? If anything, splitting up the roster requires more effort, as there are fewer options for sharing drops, crafted items, credits and legacy perks.

Firstly, despite being in the clear with the announced requirements (my main's a sorc and I have a level 34 Sentinel I can level if needed) I feel your pain.

For those of you who outright rejected being a Pub or an Imp - hardcore roleplaying I guess - it seems ridiculous to be forced to play as your most hated enemy (got to give you credit for that kind of HATE).

Worse yet, for those of who you have 8 level 50s Imp or Pub only on the same server.... OUCH.

That being said, those of us who have 8 50s with 400/400 on all 3 crew skills and have completed every companion conversation... are really really in the minority here.

BW STRONGLY encourages people to play alts. But they only gently encouraged people to play other faction alts. It's not ridiculous to assume that some of us HATE HATE HATE the corrupt Republic, or the Tyrannical Sith.

That being said there are 2 options I can suggest:

1) If your 8 50s are on a server with the ability to transfer... consider transferring the alt you play the least.

2) If no transfer is open, consider.... deleting one of your characters and sending EVERYTHING to your main. I know I know, your committing an action that can only be described as a cross between murder, suicide and vandalism. But you might have to take a bullet on this one:(

P.S: To those of you who have maxed Valour, leveled to 50, gotten full Campaign and beaten your storyline on EVERY character... WOWZA! YOU ARE THE HARDCORE I salute you 1337s!

if we have to play both sides of the fence.. why the **** is there a fence?

No one must play both sides. The companion isn't needed, just desired. If you want it bad enough you'll do what is required. Unique items in many games have unique requirements to obtain. Doesn't matter what the requirement is, someone won't like it.

Go look up EQ2. One can group with both factions, one can send mail easily to both factions, one can be in a guild with someone on the opposite faction. Has been that way since game launch for the most part, with the exception of pvp servers which were added a couple years after launch. Not saying it was the most popular game, but it's been around for about 7 years now, it did go F2P but only since last year and it has maybe 200,000 players if I had to guess currently.

So, I think the VERY limited contact of having to have a fairly high level character on both factions isn't exactly horrid.

That and if one has any interest in the class story lines at all, one gets some of the story for the other classes, both Republic and Empire from doing more then one class.

My Sith Sorcerer is only 31st, while my two highest Republic characters are 50th and 47th so yes, I suspect I'll have to level my Sith more, at least get him to Hoth if I had to guess. So this is mildly annoying..but I think I can deal. :p IF one actually has to do that, I haven't read every page of this thread, far from it. But based on what little I read, maybe they just mean it's easier if you have people on both factions that can survive Hoth well, but isn't needed.

Or to put it another way, don't panic. :p

After i grinded 'insane in the membrane' on wow i think this is quite easy for a must have for something in game.

This, I spent more time turning in lockboxes than it takes to level to 50 in this game, slight exagertation but still.

I won't be unlocking this unless they open up free char transfers at some point.

I have separate Imperial and Republic servers (8 chars of the one faction on their own server) and won't be changing that this far down the track.

Honestly.. do BIOWARE even play their own game and are aware of what their players base does?

Honestly.. do BIOWARE even play their own game and are aware of what their players base does?

Yes, and seperate servers for each faction is not what the majority of the player base does...

They can give away 10million credits to anyone who creates a character in both factions on the same server... I'm not playing Imperial!!! Evil Bioware, you can not draw me to the darkside... no matter how hard you try!

They can give away 10million credits to anyone who creates a character in both factions on the same server... I'm not playing Imperial!!! Evil Bioware, you can not draw me to the darkside... no matter how hard you try!

You can be a lightside sith. It's you choise, not the game. Sad note is: lightside imp kills more than darkside.

*Applies palm to face*

Does no one read patch notes / websites or anything anymore?

Just thinking this myself, we know the chain can be started but not completed. its a mystery as to how you get it as no one has completed it yet but even when someone completes it they will have little to no clue how they actually started it.

Edited by Shingara

Well thats flat out crap. I have a Republic server and a Imperial server, simply because whats the point of cluttering up a server with alts that can't help each other in terms of crafting/items/money?

Heh... someone here, very soon, will apply palm to face.

hehe, it pays to read your patch notes. Don't feel too bad, JnEricsonx, regarding not knowing about cross faction mailing to your own characters. It just goes to show you love swtor so much there's no time to read their thesis length update notes. But they really are an invaluable source of information.

Here is the latest update for your perusal, and you can even read all the old ones too.

http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/1.3.0/allies

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.