Powertech Pyrotech deserve the HUGE nerf

Roiz

OP is bad if he thinks PT's need a nerf.

How about Knights? Both Guardians and Sentinels?

How about Scoundrels and Operatives?

If you really think PT's are first on the nerf board, you're doing it wrong.

Learn to focus us like you focus healers. We have absolutely no survivability.

Not to mention all the cheap crap other classes use against us (8 second stun grenades come to mind here).

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OP is bad if he thinks PT's need a nerf.

How about Knights? Both Guardians and Sentinels?

How about Scoundrels and Operatives?

If you really think PT's are first on the nerf board, you're doing it wrong.

Learn to focus us like you focus healers. We have absolutely no survivability.

Not to mention all the cheap crap other classes use against us (8 second stun grenades come to mind here).

Yep, because Scoundrels and Operatives haven't been nerfed or anything... And Warriors get an AoE mezz too, it's not "cheap" it's an ability you don't have... I'll give you my flashbangs if you'll trade me back the potential to dish out 5k+ crits on tanks on my hard-hitters though.

Yep, because Scoundrels and Operatives haven't been nerfed or anything... And Warriors get an AoE mezz too, it's not "cheap" it's an ability you don't have... I'll give you my flashbangs if you'll trade me back the potential to dish out 5k+ crits on tanks on my hard-hitters though.

Powertechs have gotten nerfed too, in 1.2

How is that any different than what the OP is asking?

Maybe I was simply pointing out some irony...?

Powertechs have gotten nerfed too, in 1.2

How is that any different than what the OP is asking?

Maybe I was simply pointing out some irony...?

Point out the PT Pyro changes here:

Powertech

•Ion Gas Cylinder now generates 100% additional threat while active.

Shield Tech

•Supercharged Ion Gas now increases Ion Overload damage by 25%. While Ion Gas Cylinder is active, Rail Shot triggers your Ion Gas Cylinder on the target and up to 4 additional nearby targets. This damage does not affect sleeping, lifted, or incapacitated enemies. This generates a high amount of threat.

•Flame Shield: The critical chance bonus applied to Rocket Punch and Flame Sweep has been reduced to 8% per point.

•Flame Surge now increases the damage dealt by Flame Sweep by 6% per point and causes Jet Charge to grant 1 charge of Flame Surge per point, which makes the next Flame Sweep free of cost. This skill now requires Jet Charge instead of Flame Shield.

Hmmm, lots of Pyro nerfs there.

Powertech

Shield Tech

•Supercharged Ion Gas now increases Ion Overload damage by 25%. While Ion Gas Cylinder is active, Rail Shot triggers your Ion Gas Cylinder on the target and up to 4 additional nearby targets. This damage does not affect sleeping, lifted, or incapacitated enemies. This generates a high amount of threat.

•Flame Shield: The critical chance bonus applied to Rocket Punch and Flame Sweep has been reduced to 8% per point.

•Flame Surge now increases the damage dealt by Flame Sweep by 6% per point and causes Jet Charge to grant 1 charge of Flame Surge per point, which makes the next Flame Sweep free of cost. This skill now requires Jet Charge instead of Flame Shield.

Yeah, that didn't hurt our 21/2/18 Build whatsover.

Alright, what should I do differently to kill him?

Instead of going 1vs1 why don't you play like you are on a team. It is what I do. I know I can't survive most 1vs1 fights but with another person I can survive most 8 vs 2 fights... The difference is that the person I team with also can't survive most 1 vs 1 fights. Together we become unstoppable. I'm not going much further than that because... to be honest I don't want to face the same thing when I PvP.

You are an Operative that can stun and open attacks with an amazing array of abilities but because you are short sighted and don't understand the value to present your entire team suffers. Instead of worrying about "That Pyrotech killed me." You should instead be worrying about unlocking that door, how to get the ball carrier to the other side, taking that turret or stopping the group from taking the turret long enough for your team to get there.

You can hold off entire teams at will, disappear and reappear as you wish, and be the winning force for your team... but you can't be a Pyrotech. You are a team player class. You are not a one trick pony but a multifaceted force of team stopping irritation and anger.

Yet, here you are screaming, "I can't 1 vs 1 against Pyrotechs!"

Here is a clue... You never were meant to. Stop trying to solo things you were never meant to solo.

To the guy who pointed out the old patch note changes...

You want to nerf Shield Tech too? I thought this thread was about the Pyro spec, not the tanking spec. Maybe BW should just force us all to play Advanced Prototype and be done with it. Oh wait you would still complain about that spec too. As has been pointed out Pyros have a HUGE tradeoff for that burst and it is survivability as well as limited mobility. We don't magically all run the 31/31/31 spec.

Instead of going 1vs1 why don't you play like you are on a team. It is what I do. I know I can't survive most 1vs1 fights but with another person I can survive most 8 vs 2 fights... The difference is that the person I team with also can't survive most 1 vs 1 fights. Together we become unstoppable. I'm not going much further than that because... to be honest I don't want to face the same thing when I PvP.

You are an Operative that can stun and open attacks with an amazing array of abilities but because you are short sighted and don't understand the value to present your entire team suffers. Instead of worrying about "That Pyrotech killed me." You should instead be worrying about unlocking that door, how to get the ball carrier to the other side, taking that turret or stopping the group from taking the turret long enough for your team to get there.

You can hold off entire teams at will, disappear and reappear as you wish, and be the winning force for your team... but you can't be a Pyrotech. You are a team player class. You are not a one trick pony but a multifaceted force of team stopping irritation and anger.

Here is a clue... You never were meant to. Stop trying to solo things you were never meant to solo.

You're saying I should instead 2v1 him because that's playing as a team. Thanks for that. You also say I should be going for that door, going for that turret and helping the carrier. My entire gripe is that I can't take a turret versus one guy nor can I defend that turret against one guy. So, what, it's better for me to try to stealth into the Zerg at south turret rather than try to ninja a poorly defended turret?

You're not giving any kind of advice besides "don't 1v1 him", but -I- need to L2P. M'kay then, you're sounding like the marauders now: "It's fine, just get some buddies and focus fire me" = not really a solution is it? That works for every class, but the reality is that it's poor asset management to send 3 guys to vs 1 guy on a turret because that'll leave your other turret defend 5v7.

To the guy who pointed out the old patch note changes...

You want to nerf Shield Tech too? I thought this thread was about the Pyro spec, not the tanking spec. Maybe BW should just force us all to play Advanced Prototype and be done with it. Oh wait you would still complain about that spec too. As has been pointed out Pyros have a HUGE tradeoff for that burst and it is survivability as well as limited mobility. We don't magically all run the 31/31/31 spec.

..... Those are 1.3 patch notes in response to the guy saying that Pyros are getting nerfed already. Just wow lol, not exactly old are they?

Yeah, that didn't hurt our 21/2/18 Build whatsover.

Railshot goes after thermal detonator -_-

That's why it's a cue to use dodge, the pyro wants to lign up railshot with the thermal detonator for maximum burst.

If not for the detonator, look for the missile that puts you on fire, it's all pretty noticeable...

Not exactly specced for max damage with 21/2/18 either. I don't mind that so much, especially without Energy Rebounder.

Edited by Daiyukie

Jugg/guard - push

I wasn't going to say anything - but it irritates the hell out of me to hear people say moronic stuff like "oh, just kite them, they only have a range of 10m on most of their stuff.

Ok, well, I have a range of LESS than 10 meters on almost everything I have. If I put distance between me and you, your damage drops by, what, 50%? Well mine drops by about 99%.

If your solution to your over the top burst is "stun & run away" then YOU NEED NERFING.

Powertech

Shield Tech

He said they were nerfed in 1.2. Which is true regarding the internal CD for the resetting of hip. So why weren't there any complain threads before 1.2- before the nerf?

Edited by Twor

They can nerf Pyro when they make our other two trees viable.

Hell, even Mercenaries aren't that viable.

Let's have a look at Marauders and Sentinels first.

Or Assassins and Shadows.

Shadows/Sins ARE being nerfed on Tuesday with no adjustments being made to the other lacklustre tree's, all I see in lowbie warzones are people levelling assault vangaurds / BH Pyro's because the class is ridiculously easy to play and requires the least skill out of all the current classes. Anyone who say's the rotations are complex and it's not an easy class is lying and trying to defend the current state of this AC.

Ok, so by your logic Scoundrels/Operatives should NOT 1v1 a pyro, yet there job is to take turrets / bomb doors / guard doors...what if that objective you are trying to capture is guarded by a solo Powertech? Or your guarding solo and a PT comes along and kills you before your friends can arrive to help.

What are you supposed to do then? Every class should have the ability to beat another class in a 1v1 scenario, you should not require 2 players to take down a DPS class, not a tank a DPS class. I am aware this is a team game but 1v1 situations do happen very, very frequently. Powertechs do WAY to much damage at the moment, way too much and it needs bringing into line.

Ha

PT will become more and more a problem as 1.3 develops. Let's just hope that 1.4 comes soon, and with it the necessary Pyro nerfs. Without a shadow of a doubt, they are the biggest problem in PVP atm and one of the biggest obstacles against class balance.

You don't really believe that, do you? There are infinitely more problems than a burst DPS class doing what they are supposed to be doing. I see more marauders, sentinels, ops, assassins, and sorcs in most of my warzones. That, and the fact that marauders /sentinels can out damage, disengage, put up semi god mode, and out survive just about any tank as a more pressing problem. But let's just jump on PT's because you got melted by one who's criticals all aligned with the stars above and made you say ***.

Ha

You don't really believe that, do you? There are infinitely more problems than a burst DPS class doing what they are supposed to be doing. I see more marauders, sentinels, ops, assassins, and sorcs in most of my warzones. That, and the fact that marauders /sentinels can out damage, disengage, put up semi god mode, and out survive just about any tank as a more pressing problem. But let's just jump on PT's because you got melted by one who's criticals all aligned with the stars above and made you say ***.

Nothing can outburst a powertech. You seriously think a sentinel can? You've been blinded by the masses of misguided posters who jumped onto the anti knight band wagon. Before you say, no I don't have one at 50.

The classes you mention aren't an issue. Your defence is actually that you see OPS? Assassins? Sorcs? All these in DPS cause you, as a PT, issues? If so, you need to practice.

It is the easiest and the most overpowered class currently in play, and the two issues aren't mutually exclusive, for their OPness is augmented by the groups of powertech I must now face. I've played 9 games on my server today, every single game there were 3 or more powertechs.

Edited by TheGreatFrosty

Ok, so by your logic Scoundrels/Operatives should NOT 1v1 a pyro, yet there job is to take turrets / bomb doors / guard doors...what if that objective you are trying to capture is guarded by a solo Powertech? Or your guarding solo and a PT comes along and kills you before your friends can arrive to help.

What are you supposed to do then? Every class should have the ability to beat another class in a 1v1 scenario, you should not require 2 players to take down a DPS class, not a tank a DPS class. I am aware this is a team game but 1v1 situations do happen very, very frequently. Powertechs do WAY to much damage at the moment, way too much and it needs bringing into line.

That's EXACTLY what I am saying, but Scoundrels aren't "supposed" to take down a Pyro Powertech, apparently. Because they're designed to be stronger, apparently, which is the definition of, wait for it... Imbalance!

http://www.wowwiki.com/Rogue_PvP_guide

"As I keep mentioning, you should focus more on setting up situations for a win condition, rather than smashing your face against the keyboard to get a kill. "

If you want to take away the pyro's damage or increase your damage to their level you have two possibilities: give them stealth as well or take away yours. In any case, you can't make a stealth DPS class equivalent to a non-stealth DPS class such that the only difference is stealth. That is the definition of imbalance.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Rogue_PvP_guide

"As I keep mentioning, you should focus more on setting up situations for a win condition, rather than smashing your face against the keyboard to get a kill. "

If you want to take away the pyro's damage or increase your damage to their level you have two possibilities: give them stealth as well or take away yours. In any case, you can't make a stealth DPS class equivalent to a non-stealth DPS class such that the only difference is stealth. That is the definition of imbalance.

Somehow, this principal has not been applied to sins. Why is that?

Its hard to me see whats problem with Pyro/Assault. I have done quite lot pvp, from very start of the game.

If people are looking overall stats of damage done in warzones they are using wrong way to meter things.

Even my tank specced vanguard does far more damage than with crappier gear than my Guardian does with dps specs.

However the distribution of damage is different. Burst isn't awfully high but instead combination of many attacks. Assault Plastique is excellent finisher but hardly has the biggest burst in game. It doesn't take lot of skill to shoot continous stream to targets that come front of you - thus the total damage is always higher than with many other classes because there is less pause. Most of time none.

Defences are also poor. Its a glass cannon that only survives if it hits hard enough it has no staying power against any decent mara or Juggernaut. Like with all other classes, the overall damage goes downwards if you die fast and lot. There is no ecape routine for Assault except dps and two crappy CC.

I however do agree that dealing damage is with Vanguard is far more easier than any other class I've played.

I'm not sure however should it be fixed by lowering damage. Because that class can't run, hide, leap or jump to safety. Even shield spec has no 40% mercy time for damage unlike guardian.

Who would play glass cannon that could not kill?