Ok, I relent, Sents/Maras need to be toned down

gofortheko

Sents - (maras but not familiar with their abilities name)

Saberward

Redoubt

stealth

99% reduction in accuracy debuff

guarded by the force

By "Redoubt" I assume you mean Rebuke, which only has a 6s duration unless you damage them, most sents/maras pop it before leap/charge so you can avoid this most of the time.

By "Stealth" I assume you mean force camo, a 4s temporary stealth that doesn't drop you from combat and makes you still able to be spotted and broken out.

by 99% accuracy debuff you mean 90% accuracy debuff... for 4 GCD's (6s) each minute.

Just clearing those few changes up, I believe sents/maras should be brought into line with other classes but I won't stand by and read a "NERF" thread while misinformation like that's being thrown around.

It only seems yesterday was day -7 when I rolled my sentinel and everyone was all "OMGOSH buff maras/sents" of which myself and the few other people who understood how to play the class were baffled by, at least the nerf threads make more sense.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone who thinks guardians have better survivability than sents have obviously never played either classes. Guarded by the force is way too good.

Utility is equal for both. Guardians have guard, taunts and G leap, while sents have their ops buffs (transcendence alone is a massive game changer).

Dps clearly goes to sents. This is not even a debate.

Edited by Smashbrother

Don't forget they are tied for the best sustained damage in the game and only with Snipers. Bioware really has about 3 options. Take away either Mara/Sent damage or survivability, OR buff some of the weaker DPS classes like Mercs and Operatives to stay in line with the DPS of Maras, PT's, Sins, and Snipers.

I'd have thought toning Marauders down would be easier than bringing every other class up to their level in PvP.

Still trying to nerf mara/sents? Don't live in the past! Today's theme is "Nerf Powertechs!".

Oh, I thought we were at nerf Operatives again before they stunlock the servers?

Thats it, so a dps class has more baseline defensive cooldowns than two of the main tank advance classes.

The idea that tanks should have the short term defense cooldowns rather than DPS/lightweight classes is a misconception.

Tanks should always have fewer defensive cooldowns because they have a higher passive defense and higher health. They dont use defensive "bursts" because they already have higher defense.

Classes that dont have heavier passive defenses make up for said defenses through CC or through short term defense specials.

Doesnt make sense that an offensive melee character has more defensive cooldowns than two of the tank archtypes.

(guardians/juggs and PT/VG)

Sents - (maras but not familiar with their abilities name)

Saberward

Redoubt

stealth

99% reduction in accuracy debuff

guarded by the force

Guards - (juggs)

Saberward

hp buff

hp regen for force

(if spec 40% reduction in danage for 14 points)

VG - PT

25% damage reduction

HP regen buff

Thats it, so a dps class has more baseline defensive cooldowns than two of the main tank advance classes.

Superior defenses, superior offense....super silly.

yap been saying that from start before bw started trowing out there nerfes now you just have to look at the classes at wz if you have more mara and assassins its a bigger chance of winning if you have more of other classes its most likley a loss

i say buff merch dps and give a interrupt and ops suvival in DPS spec maybe a increase dmg absorb on the shield probe at high tier like snipers have

yap been saying that from start before bw started trowing out there nerfes now you just have to look at the classes at wz if you have more mara and assassins its a bigger chance of winning if you have more of other classes its most likley a loss

i say buff merch dps and give a interrupt and ops suvival in DPS spec maybe a increase dmg absorb on the shield probe at high tier like snipers have

More marauders = more chance at failing. A bad marauder is the absolute worst class to have for pvp. Anyone bad at another class will perform better than a bad marauder. And seeing how 90%+ of them are terrible, that generally means more marauders = more fail.

Assassins I'll agree with. Tank assassins in dps gear is perhaps the only thing in this game that is truly unbalanced, and even then just a little bit. And unlike a bad marauder, bad assassins assuming tank spec will still do good because honestly it's a fairly simple class to play and to be at least decent at.

Every class needs a buff to be brought in line with Assassins and Marauders. Easier just to nerf those two and THEN buff some of the weaker classes.

Yeah make it so that the TTK is less then 3 seconds!!! MOAR MOAR MOAR DPS!! RAGE RAGE

While I am a mara hater (well, a bit, they being the natural predator of my favorite sage class), I'll have to admit if you take out their defensive cooldowns their lasting power would make them almost unplayable. You should remember it's a character lacking stun/heavy armor/shield/normal stealth, and melee one. Take out their Camo and people would root and nuke them no problem. In my opinion, camo adds even more staying power than Undying Rage, at least when that happens, you just stun/root/slow + dot mara, and see him die from a dot tick after shield goes down.

Before I played marauder myself, I thought it's their survivability which is an issue. But now I see, just how weak they can become without their shields. So IMO, it's certanly THE DAMAGE which should be toned down. Right now their damage is way ahead of some other DPS classes, and their burst is insane. They should fix that first, and think about defensive stuff later.

Edited by Shadenuat

Don't forget they are tied for the best sustained damage in the game and only with Snipers. Bioware really has about 3 options. Take away either Mara/Sent damage or survivability, OR buff some of the weaker DPS classes like Mercs and Operatives to stay in line with the DPS of Maras, PT's, Sins, and Snipers.

Yea I think so too Assassins should definitely lose some of those super burst, and/or self healing, and/or survival. Having all 3 is rediculous and also have AOE knockback JUST LIKE THEM SORCS???? AND 30m 4sec REAL STUN that dont need to be channeled???? JUST LIKE THEM SORCS????? AND PERMA Stealth????? ***? AND THEY ALSO SHOOT LIGHTNING????? JUST LIKE THEM SORCS?????? AND REAL VANISH RESET COMBAT?????

If you want to talk about mara/sent lol take care of those easymode Shadow/Sin 1st they are way more faceroll at least good mara sent takes 30 hotkeys to be effective, no real stun, no ranged stun, no ranged CC, no knockback, no 30m attack with 60% bonus crit chance (aka always crit in right gear) that ticks for 2k per second while healing himself, cant pull people to them, and cant even out of combat CC, and no perma stealth? and no multiple stuns??? ***??? I guess mara sent really needs to be buffed judging by Shadow/Sin's level of facerolling easymode utility + burst + stealth + tank all in one.

Sins are fine but Maras are OPed right?

I also think SIn burst dps should be "buffed" to Sorc level Sins dps is way to low, make them burst like sorcs will fix Assassins.

Edited by warultima

LOL, I find the "most mara/sents are bad" retort to be down right silly in defending the classes overpoweredness. I know most Mara/Sents on my server are actually competent to good. But ok.

I find it silly to cry for marauders nerf while stating that maras are easy kill for you and admitting that "most Mara/Sents on my server are actually competent to good."

Fighting a sent is atypical fighting and most people just don't understand when to dps a sent and when not to. Rebuke lasts 6 seconds, unless you attack the rebuke shield, which can make it last 3o seconds. Attacking rebuke also feeds sents focus. When rebuke is up, don't attack for 6 seconds. This means a potential 30 second shielded focus fed monster is now without focus to unleash the pain and down a major survival tool. Sents who use dots that slow may not realize that a cc breaker cleanses the slow and dot. It shouldn't, but cc breaking a slowing dot will bankrupt a sent of dps. Stealth can be countered instantly with and aoe mez or damage. A stealthed sent can't go from center void star door to line of sight near health. They can roam tops about 20 yards and generally just stick close tto you. 99 percent redux is weak to force attacks with over 100 acc. Peg them with instant ranged attacks that can't miss. A healig debuff will hit them. Also during that 6 seconds the sent is going to try to dot you up fast. Back off like with rebuke.aster strike can be interupted , figure out which skills do work . A sent that just jumped is a sittin duck. Knock them back, slow them, anything to limit their melee and they are crippled for 20 sec or so. Biggest reason you get owned is attackIng a rebuke shield. Learn the effect and let the bubble die

Your QQ isn't worth more effort than that which you have received.

Yet you have contributed nothing to this thread other then saying "no" with no reasoning, and telling people that they were outplayed, which 99% of the people who are killed by marau's and sents aren't. Granted the classes take a mild amount of skill to face roll, the one thing that almost every marau and sent lack it skill. The reason why I say this is because any DPS class with the amount of defensive cool downs like theirs would be just as OP. What other class has a 99% damage reduction skill?

On top of the fact that they have better defensive cool downs then the tanking classes.

Yea I think so too Assassins should definitely lose some of those super burst, and/or self healing, and/or survival. Having all 3 is rediculous and also have AOE knockback JUST LIKE THEM SORCS???? AND 30m 4sec REAL STUN that dont need to be channeled???? JUST LIKE THEM SORCS????? AND PERMA Stealth????? ***? AND THEY ALSO SHOOT LIGHTNING????? JUST LIKE THEM SORCS?????? AND REAL VANISH RESET COMBAT?????

If you want to talk about mara/sent lol take care of those easymode Shadow/Sin 1st they are way more faceroll at least good mara sent takes 30 hotkeys to be effective, no real stun, no ranged stun, no ranged CC, no knockback, no 30m attack with 60% bonus crit chance (aka always crit in right gear) that ticks for 2k per second while healing himself, cant pull people to them, and cant even out of combat CC, and no perma stealth? and no multiple stuns??? ***??? I guess mara sent really needs to be buffed judging by Shadow/Sin's level of facerolling easymode utility + burst + stealth + tank all in one.

Sins are fine but Maras are OPed right?

I also think SIn burst dps should be "buffed" to Sorc level Sins dps is way to low, make them burst like sorcs will fix Assassins.

The only shadow/assassins right now that are OP are the hybrid tank specs. I'm not a tank hybrid spec, so I die just as quickly on my shadow as anyone else (no tankassin/shadow tank)

Look I rarely post anything just lurk, but this is the 100000000 post i have seen on this topic and i am tired. Look i play a marauder mainly pvp with him as well. Look if you dont know what the F u are doing i will face roll you every freaken time. On the other hand i have faced many pt/vanguards sins/shadows varies tanks and snipers that know how to deal with me and it normally turns out to be a good fight. Look if u pvp then u know what i will do things get ruff ill camo run and come back and kill you. If you get the better of me ill pop my 99% reduction and use a wz medpack and so on. If u pvp you 2 should know this and YOU need to learn how to counter it, others do and do it well so it can be done. I am sick of hearing so many so-so pvps who dont know *** they are doing qq over me and sents. If u want to complain do so about the fact ops and there pug equals can seem to tank 3 dps and still heal there own people at the same time that is what op is and even then once i learned how to deal with them i still find it a challenge to bring em down quickly. Just once i like to see some of the good pvpers on here explain how to deal and quell a mara/sent the right way. But i guess there to busy rolling in pvp and getting there WH gear rdy for ranked preseaon. Ps if u can come over to fatman so i can find ya in pvp and kill you as well since u dont know *** you are doing i like free medals :eek: Edited by rastabuds
small change