Powertech Pyrotech deserve the HUGE nerf

Roiz

And again, you conveniently ignore shatter shot, which has armour reduction (boosting ALL attacks, and inflicting trauma). If memory serves, it's a 60% reduction. So, it's more like:

Ambush:

Activation -1.5-2.5 Seconds

Cooldown - 15 Seconds

Armor Pen - 80% in mm tree, 60% in all others

Railshot:

Activation - Instant Cast

Cooldown 6 - 15 seconds

Armor Pen - 90% with 3 talents in the adv protoype tree

And that's ignoring how many other abilities the Sniper has that can follow up on shatter shot.

Shatter shot is 20%... and we're talking about single abilities. It costs an entire global to use shatter shot.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How does half the abilities ignore armor? I could have sworn only HIB/Rail ignore armor if you spec into it. Oh yah, it is a ranged attack, meaning it can be absorbed/defensive roll.

Since you are obviously unfamilar with the mechanics in this game let me enlighten you. Powertechs have alteast 3-4 abilities that deal elemental damage. Elemental damage is not mitigated by armor at all.

Pyrotech is a ranged/melee class... starts out ranged, kinda how even "melee classes" have ranged attacks,

What melee class has a ranged ability that crits for 5k? None. What melee class has a ranged ability that isnt on a long cooldown? None.

I think you need to actually understand the class, before you state that every attack it does ignores armor and truly understand its mechanics. It definitely has a strength in its potential to do dps, but that dps can easily be countered and the class is still squishy. One of the worst action management systems, one of the worst dcd...

Take your own advice, you clearly dont understand the mechanics seeing as you dont seem to know you deal elemental damage and it isnt mitigated by armor.

Well, to be fair I don't think powertech's are incredibly overpowered, considering they have bad defensives for a class that has to stay near melee range to sustain dps and not overheat.. It's just really sad to see all the advantages the powertech pyro tree has over the merc pyro tree.

1. Logic fail. Sorc mobility allows him to LoS his ranged enemies.

2. Logic fail #2: Stealth vanish can be used to interrupt any sort of activation or channeled abilities. It allows to reuse the sealth openers. Also you can wait for your abilities to ge off CD and regain your force or energy.

3. Sniper mm has instacast abilities way more powerful than railshot. No big deal here.

It seems to me that you just cannot figure it out how to beat a powertech.

Please dont use the word logic when you clearly dont understand its meaning thanks.

1. Slows immoblize and grapple abilities dont exist in this game? Easily stopped/countered/

2. Vanish is not stealth. It is an ability that places you back into stealth on a long cooldown. I specifically said stealth, not stealth and vanish. 1 Dot on you = breaks you out immediately

3. Really list them for me then because i can assure you there arent any. Trickshot does a lot of damage but seeing as this requires you to first cast a snipe or an ambush this doesnt count. The highest instant cast damaging ability a sniper has crits for maybe 2k and costs so much energy as to be a hinderance to use.

Edited by Gidoru

Please remember that burst is the only thing the class has.

Btw, OP's suggestion wouldn't only kill this class in PvP, it would also destroy the totally unrelated PvE tanking AND DPS AS WELL as the tactics middle tree, which is not played much as it is.

Powertech / Vanguard is already a bare-bones class that has little else than burst (in PvP), you do not nerf abilities of a class like this without giving back significantly more other mechanics.

Burst is the only thing you NEED in PvP. I hate when people try to say that "one thing" is all they have. When they are killing folks in 4 globals, a nerf is coming.

That's like saying "this porsche has a twin turbo, BUT THAT'S ALL IT HAS."

And again, you conveniently ignore shatter shot, which has armour reduction (boosting ALL attacks, and inflicting trauma). If memory serves, it's a 60% reduction. So, it's more like:

Ambush:

Activation -1.5-2.5 Seconds

Cooldown - 15 Seconds

Armor Pen - 80% in mm tree, 60% in all others

Railshot:

Activation - Instant Cast

Cooldown 6 - 15 seconds

Armor Pen - 90% with 3 talents in the adv protoype tree

And that's ignoring how many other abilities the Sniper has that can follow up on shatter shot.

oh my, wow. It's odd a person wouldn't go check something real quite to verify before making a fool of himself.

The ability we have is 20% armor REDUCTION, not penetration. So it does not stack with the 20% penetration we get on our ambush/aimed shot.

If used, it reduces the armor the have (not the armor mitigation) meaning it actually boosts the damage on skills by around 5% on medium, even less on light, and around 8% on heavy. Then after the armor is reduced, the 20% armor penetration will apply (which will penetrate less armor since your armor is lower, similar to how we get less damage bonus against light armor targets). MM/SS snipers/gunslingers get 20% armor penetration on ONE skill, and an extra 5% damage on all abilities if we choose to use it.

I would hardly compare that to 90% armor penetration, which usually amounts to negating 40% armor mitigation or more.

If you want to talk about PTs, fine. But don't try to drag snipers into this. Snipers are NOT op in any sense. Btw, what are you even referring to when you talk about "all the skills" we can follow up with on shatter shot? That skill has a gcd of its own and does not synergize with any other skill except for the damage boost. It's not like it procs anything like snipe or ambush do with followthrough.

Edited by ZDProletariat

I don't know if this is trolling or people are absolutley that clueless. Railshot is weapon damage, subject to defense, shield and accuracy rating. Against a Jugg, tank assassin or even a Sentinel when he pops saber ward, my damage gets completely negated. Even snipers under cover will sometimes negate the damage completely from a railshot. For me to refresh my Railshot, I need to be within 10m of the target via flame burst and rocket punch. So the arguement that I can simply blow you up from a distance is invalid. People complaining about the dot refresh about flame burst and its damage, flame burst/ion pulse hits for at 50 and in full WH around 950-1k damage, crit for 1.5k. Anyone who dies to flameburst spam needs to stop pvping, because you are doing something quite wrong.

Energy shield is on a 2 minute cooldown, reduces damage by 25 percent. There is a talent that lowers the CD everytime you get attacked, but the drop is marginal. That's all the defensive capability we have. Kolto overload is a ~2kish heal over ten seconds.

Yes we wear heavy armor and with full WH I have 31 percent flat damage reduction. An operative in my guild has 29.51 percent. So that is really a tiny difference for an entire level of armor difference. We are one of the most squishy classes in the game.

And going back to reading other peoples posts, they are very ill informed about the class. Saying stick grenade/explosive dart can be used in tandem with thermal detenator/plastique, that's funny. Having flame burst be channeled, that was amusing as well.

I don't know if this is trolling or people are absolutley that clueless. Railshot is weapon damage, subject to defense, shield and accuracy rating. Against a Jugg, tank assassin or even a Sentinel when he pops saber ward, my damage gets completely negated. Even snipers under cover will sometimes negate the damage completely from a railshot. For me to refresh my Railshot, I need to be within 10m of the target via flame burst and rocket punch. So the arguement that I can simply blow you up from a distance is invalid. People complaining about the dot refresh about flame burst and its damage, flame burst/ion pulse hits for at 50 and in full WH around 950-1k damage, crit for 1.5k. Anyone who dies to flameburst spam needs to stop pvping, because you are doing something quite wrong.

Energy shield is on a 2 minute cooldown, reduces damage by 25 percent. There is a talent that lowers the CD everytime you get attacked, but the drop is marginal. That's all the defensive capability we have. Kolto overload is a ~2kish heal over ten seconds.

Yes we wear heavy armor and with full WH I have 31 percent flat damage reduction. An operative in my guild has 29.51 percent. So that is really a tiny difference for an entire level of armor difference. We are one of the most squishy classes in the game.

And going back to reading other peoples posts, they are very ill informed about the class. Saying stick grenade/explosive dart can be used in tandem with thermal detenator/plastique, that's funny. Having flame burst be channeled, that was amusing as well.

AHA!

So that's why vanguards/powetechs get over 800k damage with just ion pulse/flame burst and hib/railshot

oh wait...

Highest damage I've ever pulled was in void star and it was 670k. I've seen Marauders and sentinels do the same. Lets nerf everything right?

Just because you didn't pull any higher damage doesn't mean that others didn't.

Lols nerf us because we can hold our own a sents and other classes? If u make FB a channel or 10 sec CD u kill the class.

Besides we got the nerf everyone was crying for in 1.2. We was no longer able to use ion cell and proc our Rail/HiB. that made us more squishy. Everyone in here are just mad cause they can't face roll us cause we know how to play our class. If your only pushing two buttons your doing it completely wrong. Btw for those who have problems with sents; way to beat them is keep them out 10m use FB to kite them to keep away <3. Nerf us and we will just find another way to be op. Van/pyro always endure and maximize and we always rize to the top. Nerf us and we must nerf ever other craft. sent damage. sorc/sage bubble heals and such op's damage out of stealth. basically dont be mad cause your bad.QQ more plz

Haven't bothered to read most of the posts, but I can say that PT Pyro (which I've played since launch) is probably a bit OP. I'm more of a PVE person and just recently started PVP'ing. I've got 600 expertise on my character (not even a full battlemaster set) and I'm consistently getting over 300k damage per match....with my raid build (8/2/31). I would put myself in the "good not great" category skill-wise. I am far from the best out there.

I think what makes Pyro's so deadly is their range of skills melee range all the way to 30 meters (DOT move, railshot, unload, and TD are all 30m range). Very difficult to combat for just about any class. Range dps is screwed when I grapple them and interrupt. I usually have melee bled down to 60% health by the time they get to me. However....is a marauder surprises me I have no chance, just like everyone else lolz

Just a thought about flameburst in regards to the merc pyro tree:

The merc equivelent of flameburst is powershot, and it's ranged damage so it is mitigated by armor and can be deflected and dodged, it also has a cast time and can be interrupted and does not apply combustable gas cylinder. (We have to use autoattack and pray that we didn't waste a global and procs a cylinder because it's not even 100% chance)

For me to refresh my Railshot, I need to be within 10m of the target via flame burst and rocket punch.

That's not really a disadvantage, considering 5 out of 8 enemy classes do not even try to get outside of that range in the firstplace. Guardian, sentinel, shadow, scoundrel and vanguard all fight at close range. Only sage, commando and gunslinger fight from greater range. And against those, procced 50% snare together with the occassional pull makes sure they won't be able to avoid rocket punch/flame burst either.

Edited by Sharee

That's not really a disadvantage, considering 5 out of 8 enemy classes do not even try to get outside of that range in the firstplace. Guardian, sentinel, shadow, scoundrel and vanguard all fight at close range. Only sage, commando and gunslinger fight from greater range. And against those, procced 50% snare together with the occassional pull makes sure they won't be able to avoid rocket punch/flame burst either.

Never said it was a disadvantage, people were stating that I could refresh ion accelerator at a 30m range.

Lols nerf us because we can hold our own a sents and other classes? If u make FB a channel or 10 sec CD u kill the class.

Everyone in here are just mad cause they can't face roll us cause we know how to play our class.

You heard it right here. Every person that picked a Powertech/Vanguard is simply a superior player that is just far better than everyone else. Everyone that didnt pick a Powertech/Vanguard is simply a newb and doesnt know how to play.

/thread

Just because you didn't pull any higher damage doesn't mean that others didn't.

Exactly, I have seen screnshots on these forums of a jugg and sorc doing nearly 1 milion damgage, and a sent doing 700k damage so these 3 classes should get nerfed and pyro needs a buff.

How are they immobile?

They have no cast attacks!

They are immobile because :

their gap closer is on a 45 second cooldown so

THEY HAVE TO WALK ALL THE WAY TO YOU until they are in 0-10m range to be effective, have no leap or force speed, therefore they have bad mobility.