Powertech Pyrotech deserve the HUGE nerf

Roiz

The other day i got a hate tell from a enemy ball carrier, who I pulled into the flames next to our goal line. He said i was a terrible player and pulling people into the flamevents was all i could do. But at least he didn't come raging on to the boards here wanting to nerf powertechs. Edited by Fronteria

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have a assault vanguard..

i can honestly say if you nerf the damage the class is toast...you die just as fast as you kill...only time i last long is using the 355 defense relic and 25% damage reduction at once and thats it..

the class can last long evey 2 mins and instant gib someone every 2-3 ( depends on biochem).

people really need to play it at 50 not some 10-49 game to understand the class's limitations..

1. I just listed and proves over half of your abilities ignore armor. To my knowledge no other class has this many armor ignoring abilities.

2. The statements are perfectly relevant. Classes have different abilities yet there are 2 fundamental types of DPS classes in RPGs, Ranged and Melee. With melee obviously having close ranged abilities and and ranged obviously having long ranged abilities. All the ranged classes in this game share a similar mechanic dynamic, that being they they typically need to use a combination of cast time abilities and instant abilities in order to be effective. The one except to this is Powertech which has ALL instant abilities. The fact that they need to be within 10m for 100% effectiveness is not something im arguing 10m is still RANGED as it is clearly not melee.

3. Those must be some pretty terrible Powertechs

Half of the attacks do, yes. You said all. That in itself is not relevant though because the damage is not the same between all classes.

Your fundemental problem is that you keep compareing classes which don't directly compare. For example sniper uses cast abilities, but they have a ranged snare, a ranged root, a knockback and cover which prevents interupts, charge and pulls.

A properly played sin will win every time verses a powertech, to say otherwise means you don't understand the capabilities of the current classes.

Powertech specced as Pyrotech currently do an unbalanced amount of damage in warzones being above all other classes by a big margin. This is only one class has all its main attacks completly ignore target armor. This is only one class with all instant casts ranged attacks. Playstyle is rediculius, you run pressing few button and do crazy damage on the move slowing enemies at the same time. This class ruins PvP completly and it should be stopped.

PvP is about skills and tactics, with powertech you don't need this, just spam flame burst and railshot and see everyone dead.

The nerf powertech needs:

1. railshot should not ignore armor, for instant cast skill 30 meters range completly ignore armor is too OP.

2. Something should be done with flame burst. It is way too much having 10 meter range instant cast ability with no CD which do high damage, place dot, slow target and ignore armore at the same time. It shoul be placed on 10 seconds CD or have 1.5 sec cast time and it should not ignore armor.

Generally overall powertech damage ignoring target armor and spammable slow should be precisely reconsidered.

Powertech burns any class in seconds especially sages and operatives with no option to survive. many classes cannot play at all if powertech on them. I have powertech and burned other classes in seconds using very easy rotation. Usually good powertechs are on the top of every warzone damage with a gap about 100k - 200k to any othe class.

Well, sages and operatives can cc them, they can snare them, they can remove the dot from them (this is how railshot works), sage can knock them back, run away, kite them, not be within 10m of them...

All of their attacks do not ignore armor. Infact, ignoring armor on medium and light armor classes like you listed wouldn't be as beneficial as a heavy armored player. So, what you are telling me is you do not like a class that has to spend 14 pts(guessing as I don't care to look it up) to spec into a single attack just to make it effective?

You should try and get away from them, it isn't as if they have a snaring/rooting ability that they can reapply to you constantly without ever running out of action.

Truth is... pyrotech is extremely easily countered if you play with anyone who can press more than one button at a time.

1. I just listed and proved that over half of your abilities ignore armor. To my knowledge no other class has this many armor ignoring abilities.

2. The statements are perfectly relevant. Classes have different abilities yet there are 2 fundamental types of DPS classes in RPGs, Ranged and Melee. With melee obviously having close ranged abilities and and ranged obviously having long ranged abilities. All the ranged classes in this game share a similar mechanic dynamic, that being they typically need to use a combination of cast time abilities and instant abilities in order to be effective. The one exception to this is Powertech which has ALL instant abilities. The fact that they need to be within 10m for 100% effectiveness is not something im arguing 10m is still RANGED as it is clearly not melee. Moreoever half a Powertechs abilities are 30m.

3. Those must be some pretty terrible Powertechs

How does half the abilities ignore armor? I could have sworn only HIB/Rail ignore armor if you spec into it. Oh yah, it is a ranged attack, meaning it can be absorbed/defensive roll. Pyrotech is a ranged/melee class... starts out ranged, kinda how even "melee classes" have ranged attacks, then it you need to come in within 10m so you can get your hib/rail back.

I think you need to actually understand the class, before you state that every attack it does ignores armor and truly understand its mechanics. It definitely has a strength in its potential to do dps, but that dps can easily be countered and the class is still squishy. One of the worst action management systems, one of the worst dcd...

Now, I can really see you do little to no research before you post. Did you know the dots from pyro will actually outdamage hib/rail? You should mox it, I get about 26% of my total damage from dots and 24% from hib/rail.

You people do realise that railshot is white damage so easiest to evade ? You people do realise a competent healer can clense the dot's preventing at least half of the railshots from being used ? You people do realise that for example resilience makes a shadow basically immune to 90% of the pyro's DPS ?

Does sorc mobility help them against ranged class.........nope

Does stealth help you in part of combat aside from an intial opening......nope

Does instant cast damage at long range give you an advantage in every aspect of PvP Combat.... YUP

Classes are different, yet Powertech is the only one that seems to kill people in 6-8 seconds from range. Its not apples and oranges when one particular class is given a huge advantage in terms of mechanics that no other class gets. The difference is that the distinctive abilities of other classes does not make them overpowered.

1. Logic fail. Sorc mobility allows him to LoS his ranged enemies.

2. Logic fail #2: Stealth vanish can be used to interrupt any sort of activation or channeled abilities. It allows to reuse the sealth openers. Also you can wait for your abilities to ge off CD and regain your force or energy.

3. Sniper mm has instacast abilities way more powerful than railshot. No big deal here.

It seems to me that you just cannot figure it out how to beat a powertech.

1. Logic fail. Sorc mobility allows him to LoS his ranged enemies.

2. Logic fail #2: Stealth vanish can be used to interrupt any sort of activation or channeled abilities. It allows to reuse the sealth openers. Also you can wait for your abilities to ge off CD and regain your force or energy.

3. Sniper mm has instacast abilities way more powerful than railshot. No big deal here.

It seems to me that you just cannot figure how to apply complex thought processes.

Fixed for accuracy

troll post. Rail shot ignores 60 % armor if speced.

your suggestions made me laugh though thx.

It's 90% if you spec into the advanced prototype tier 1 talent... which everyone does.

Compare this to a pyrotech merc's 30% maximum

Just wanted to comment on this, because snipers do not have an instant ability that does as much as railshot.

My followthrough does crit for 4k sometimes on a sorc. Where my guildie's pyro pt's railshot hits for 5-5.5k crits on any armor class.

Snipe 1.5 cast time, can only be used while in cover (immobile)

Flameburst instant cast can be used while moving

Ambush 2.5 second cast time can only be used in cover(immobile) 15 second cooldown

Railshot instant cast can be used while moving and can have cooldown reset every 6 seconds

any questions ?

Did you just compare flame burst with snipe? That's a terrible joke.

You want to compare powers, compare shatter shot with flame burst, and only use ambush if you're comparing marksmen sniper. Which on marksman has a 1.5 cast time if you've critted on snipe. And funnily enough, any sniper can use laze target to guarantee a snipe crit, and snipes become instant in certain trees after certain abilities (entering cover for MM, cover pulse for Engineering).

Ambush has a 15 second cooldown. That's a good thing, actually, because if it was lower, then a sniper wouldn't be able to use all their wonderful ranged damage abilities, such as

Series of Shots (Ravage at range)

Explosive Probe (Nice little damage bonus)

Takedown (To finish off a target)

Now how many abilities does the powertech have that do superior damage? Just rail shot, and everything else is for opening it? Who's the overpowered one?

Just wanted to comment on this, because snipers do not have an instant ability that does as much as railshot.

My followthrough does crit for 4k sometimes on a sorc. Where my guildie's pyro pt's railshot hits for 5-5.5k crits on any armor class.

Please tell me you are joking... those 5k+ crit hits tend to be when you use adrenals, stims, relic, etc... if you get a 5k hit on a rail before that, you caught someone without their armor on...

Please tell me you are joking... those 5k+ crit hits tend to be when you use adrenals, stims, relic, etc... if you get a 5k hit on a rail before that, you caught someone without their armor on...

He probably doesn't use them. I don't either, really, just can't get into the swing of things with those things.

Agreed. > 5k Railshot crits are only against people with 0 Expertise or using Relic + Adrenal.

Followthrough is on a 6 Sec CD always, no need to proc... And can hit more than 4k on people with 0 Expertise or using Relic + Adrenal

Listen! Its just a coincidence everyone seems to be rolling powertechs and vanguards...

pure..... coincidence..... :I

But these people are awful... I was doing near 400k damage at level 19, these 40+ pt barely doing 200k

Ambush = Railshot equivalent in damage

Ambush:

Activation -1.5-2.5 Seconds

Cooldown - 15 Seconds

Armor Pen - 20% in mm tree.

Railshot:

Activation - Instant Cast

Cooldown 6 - 15 seconds

Armor Pen - 90% with 3 talents in the adv protoype tree

I mean I understand that you're trying to justify powertech abilities, please don't make up your own attributes for other classes skills.

They don't need 4-10 meters. 10-30 is enought.

Termal detonator, unload, railshot, rapid shots, incedary missile, explosive dart - 30 meters.

Only flame burst is 10 meters.

Their survivability is pretty descent heavy armor, self heal and shield on cd, which can be reduced significantly if specced. They actually have better survivability than dps specced guards, but guard needs to always be in 4 meters.

DPS specced Guard has the same shield but on longed CD. Powertech has good self heal with cool down reduction if specced. Guard has small self heal on long CD which consume a LOT of focus. If you use self heal on guard you run out of focus.

So rocket punch and flame burst aren't a vital part of being a pyro PT then? You're using thermal det and explosive dart for real? Most of those abilities you've listed are abilities you won't be using more than once due to CD/cost/uselessness in spamming them.

PT heal doesn't have decent CD reduction, and isn't a good self heal at all- it's a mild HoT. The defensive shield is also quite weak. All in all- a PT has good burst, that's it. It doesn't excel in any other area.

Ambush = Railshot equivalent in damage

Ambush:

Cooldown - 15 Seconds

Armor Pen - 20% in mm tree.

Railshot:

Cooldown 6 - 15 seconds

I mean I understand that you're trying to justify powertech abilities, please don't make up your own attributes for other classes skills.

And again, you conveniently ignore shatter shot, which has armour reduction (boosting ALL attacks, and inflicting trauma). If memory serves, it's a 60% reduction. So, it's more like:

Ambush:

Cooldown - 15 Seconds

Armor Pen - 80% in mm tree, 60% in all others

Railshot:

Cooldown 6 - 15 seconds

And that's ignoring how many other abilities the Sniper has that can follow up on shatter shot.

Shattershot is 20% armor pen.

But you are right about the sniper having other nice skills after Shattershot, instant cast like Followthrough / Takedown / Explosive Probe...

Snipers can deal the same single target burst, but they have a slightly higher skill cap.

And again, you conveniently ignore shatter shot, which has armour reduction (boosting ALL attacks, and inflicting trauma). If memory serves, it's a 60% reduction. So, it's more like:

Ambush:

Cooldown - 15 Seconds

Armor Pen - 80% in mm tree, 60% in all others

Railshot:

Cooldown 6 - 15 seconds

And that's ignoring how many other abilities the Sniper has that can follow up on shatter shot.[/quote

hib/railshot is 3 pts in advances prototype and 3 in the pyro tree...

Edited by Jarfunkz
wrong info