The Fatman: Too many people re-rolling on just one server instead of top ten?

Drakonnen

Not everyone wants to be on a PvP server... Also, there are many other healthy servers with Standard population. Krath for example has a great community and would be a good one to come to when transfers open up.

Not everyone will be leaving their servers when the transfer service opens up.

There really is no difference between as PvP server and a PvE server given the state of world PvP. Otherwise, why would anyone want to chance any of those standard population servers? They could just as easily plummet in population just like my former top 5 server.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OP I think your population problems will ease about the time D3, TSW, and later GW2 launch. I play on Harbinger (think it's 2nd to Fatman) and the pop drop will be universal. I'm not trying to be negative, just think we will have less peeps to play with when those releases hit.

All the bads must be rerolling Republic on Jedi Covenant. I am lucky to win 2 or 3 WZs out of 20 while leveling. I just capped out my commendations on my new Sentinel and I have 5 wins. Thats how bad we are. I actually have 3 times as many MVP votes as wins. Please balance PvP already.

A guy who was on 1 of the 10 most populated US servers was calling his server a ghost town. He was crying because there was only 25 people on Alderaan, his side anyways.

Go Fatman or go home.

Edited by Kourage

Instead of a good distribution of people re-rolling on these servers, now everyone and his brother appears to be re-rolling on The Fatman, so that it is Full with a queue, because no one apparently wants to take second chances by getting burned by ending up on a dead server again.

You can't blame people for not taking any second chances. It's up to Bioware to merge servers and ensure the proper distribution, not players.

Edited by vandana_

It sickens me how much bioware is not listening to their player base right now. They need server merges right now, or the game dies. period.

They need a Cross-Server Dungeon Finder, server merges can wait. The reason is that as an EU player on The Fatman, it's still not given that I can get a group to a level 33 FP during my primetime.

Bioware is not going to allow server mergers to create bigger servers than The Fatman, so finding groups will still be harder than on the one and only, The Fatman. Sure, fine, if Bioware simply can't code a Cross-Server Dungeon Finder equivalent, go forth and merge servers, maybe that will buy Bioware some time while they bring in some replacement coders.

Even with all the rerollers, population on The Fatman is way down. This exact time last week there was about double the number of players in the respective fleets then there are right now - 45 Reb, 67 Imp currently - more then double in each fleet this time last week.

It's just been a steady population drop drop game wide and we haven't seen the bottom yet.

People talk of casual server mergers like it's an easy-peasy thing to do. How long have y'all been playing mmos?? I for one fully support BW taking their sweet time with something like that, especially under pressure from the forums. I'm also having to reroll after false starts, but I'll happily wait for server transfers when they happen.

So here is what I notice: There are a bunch of well populated servers in the standard range, who could easily be heavy to very heavy population wise if people would re-roll on them. Servers like Jung Ma, The Ebon Hawk, pretty much any of the ones in the top ten when you arrange by population.

Instead of a good distribution of people re-rolling on these servers, now everyone and his brother appears to be re-rolling on The Fatman, so that it is Full with a queue, because no one apparently wants to take second chances by getting burned by ending up on a dead server again.

So, please, at least consider one of the other top ten servers, rather than having 130 people on Fatman's Tython.

More servers can be saved and brought up to that level!

Its exactly as you said in your post...Peoples confidense in BW is very shaky ATM...people dont want to spend all the time to reroll to find that the population on their server is now low...Hence they go where the largest Pop is leaving the least chance of another dead server. Until BW shows they can balance the server Pops...which they have been very vague about...Fatman will continue to grow.

People are also aware that between GW2 and D3 the population will diminish further...atleast for awhile. I think if BW would announce their plans for transfers..Not time frame..but actual outline of how transfers will be handled to better the density of server populations people would ease up...as it is we have no idea how tranfers will go down...

I would like to think they will focus and monitor transfers to fill several servers at a time, then locking and opening others etc....This would make sense...but so far a large portion of the decisions made were to say the least a major surprise in the way of Wha? really? they didnt just do that did they?

Edited by Soljin

You're incorrect in your false choice logical falacy. There are currently servers almost always in the Standard range with healthy populations. If more people rolled on them as an alternative to Fatman, you'd have Heavy to Very Heavy population servers without any queues, hence you being wrong.

Also, as I said, this is not a thread complaining about queues, its a thread about trying to save/populate a wider array of servers.

The final part of your argument is made on hypotheticals. Using if, then hence doesn't prove him wrong. It is a false dilemma though, you're right in that.

So here is what I notice: There are a bunch of well populated servers in the standard range, who could easily be heavy to very heavy population wise if people would re-roll on them. Servers like Jung Ma, The Ebon Hawk, pretty much any of the ones in the top ten when you arrange by population.

So, please, at least consider one of the other top ten servers, rather than having 130 people on Fatman's Tython.

More servers can be saved and brought up to that level!

Well My server Keller void is dying quick. Losing people in droves and it is probably in top 10 or 20 for server population, So you think the Standard servers are doing ok but not so much. Going to Fatman myself. Probably be the last hurrah for this game.

A guy who was on 1 of the 10 most populated US servers was calling his server a ghost town. He was crying because there was only 25 people on Alderaan, his side anyways.

Go Fatman or go home.

Was he crying because it was too busy , as I would say 25 people is a lot , I was questing on Alderan last night and there was 1 other solo guy near me who killed almost all the mobs I needed to get my bonus done , yes I had to get on my speeder do other quests then went back.

As to the OP , that amount of people on tython sounds insane , it would be a nightmare to try and finish certain quests. Mind you its lucky its a pvp server or you wouldn't be able to level.

You all do realise that a lot of pvp'ers will move onto other mmo's right. So yeah if people are talking about transfers and merges , maybe they should do a lot of this on pvp servers only. Unless pve / rp people also want transfers , I don't but I don't pvp at all .

Follow the sheep and get fat MAN , or not...

Cheers,

Badorb.

You're not worng, but people don't wanna take the risk - so they roll on Fatman. Same for EU wth Tomb of Freedom soemthing something.

Course it's inevitable that Fatman and Tomb of Whatever will not be transfer destinations, as that would be stupid. I wouldn't even expect the top 3 US and EU servers to be transfer destinations, and if they are - they may be limited to X amount of players in attempt to even out distribution over healthy servers.

So for those who want all their remaining chars to join their new 50 on Fatman, be ready to pay. I do hope they have a move whole legacy option. They mentioned something about wth transfers, the highest legacy would take over - but that doesn't mean all the characters move. It would be silly to charge extra for the rest of your characters though.

for atleast a month i woud see tons of posts here about re-rolling on The Fatman server, now we have you ppl here QQing about ppl re-rolling on that server. freakin mind boggling. i for 1 am not going to re-roll and the only way i will transfer is if i get to keep my legacy name. i didnt spend 3 days of my early access grinding 1 toon to chapter 1 and get the legacy name i wanted just to set it aside.

I think everyone is waiting Elder Scroll Online.

Four months ago, everyone was waiting for Tera.

Three months ago, everyone was waiting for GW2.

Last month, everyone was waiting for D3.

What will everyone be waiting for NEXT MONTH while continuing to play SWToR? Find out soon!

I went ahead and rerolled on Fatman but noticed my ping went from 29ms to 98ms because it's a East Coast server so I went to Ajunta Pall instead, I hear their population is pretty good also.... Although it does seem Fatman has the biggest population when I did create a toon there I noticed there was over 100 people just on Tython alone.... haven't seen that many people in one area since the game came out...

Just sucks I have to give up 4 other lvl 50 toons due to no mergers or transfers....

If I was an East Coast Player I would definitely be re-rolling on Fatman even If I had to put up with a Que to get in... beats playing on empty servers.....

Edited by Monoth

I'd like to invite people to Lord Adraas. It's an RP-PvE server and -so far- it has the best community I've seen on TOR (and I've been on many, many servers). It's among the most populated ones though it's far from The Fatman's numbers, however I think that most RPers out there and some PvE players that enjoy a mature atmosphere will love playing there.

So come to Lord Adraas, we have nice people :p

Edited by _Wesser_

Four months ago, everyone was waiting for Tera.

Three months ago, everyone was waiting for GW2.

Last month, everyone was waiting for D3.

What will everyone be waiting for NEXT MONTH while continuing to play SWToR? Find out soon!

LOL, everyone IS still waiting for GW2 and D3.