Official Q&A Thread for May 25th, 2012 Q&A Blog Post

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will 1.3 finally implement some of the guild improvements talked about at the guild summit? I would love to see a guild calendar, a guild tax to help support guild repairs, being able to invite guild members to group from the guild screen???

1. The recent addition of Nightmare Pilgrim has for the first time in the history of SWTOR created a situation where a 16-man group is REQUIRED to get full top-tier gear (as opposed to 8-man operations). Why was this designed in such a way considering that server populations are already declining and it is increasingly becoming harder to get full 16-man raids? In update 1.3 will we see more 8-man content to restore the game to a state where top-tier gear is obtainable from ONLY 8-man content?

2. Why is the respawn timer on Nightmare Pilgrim 2 hours while it already locks out everyone from repeating the boss fight for a week? PLEASE READ THIS FOR BACKGROUND: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=452898 Are there any plans in update 1.3 to change the respawn and/or lockout for Nightmare Pilgrim?

Edited by Berler

In Game Update 1.3, will we be seeing any color differentiation for ground-targeted AoE attacks in PvP? Right now it's pretty much impossible in a same-faction WZ to tell if a ground-targeted AoE is going to cuddle you or crush you. Thanks!

The Family tree in the Legacy System is certainly very interesting. But right now it has no use: all the characters in your Legacy get bonuses independent of where they are in your Family tree and nobody actually sees what's inside the Family tree except you. Are there any plans to make the Family tree a bigger part of the game in 1.3?

Also, I find the family tree a little illogical. For example, as a sith warrior, I have married Vette, but in the family tree I can add my sith sorcerer as my spouse. That is not impossible, but still, it somehow makes my interactions with my companion a little less meaningful. And furthermore, my sith warrior is a cyborg and my sith sorcerer is a pure blood sith. In the family tree I can make my Zabrak bounty hunter their son. Now, I understand that the genetics are far more advanced there, but still it is pretty illogical. Will there be some restrictions on the Family tree in 1.3 or maybe a possibility to add my companions or NPC characters to it?

I love that there are a vast number of Custom armour sets as you level. And I appreciate your descision to let us RE the post 1.2 gear so that we can choose our favourite gear set and just armour it up. Unfortunately, my favourite gear set isn't from after 1.2, and I personally feel that the 'ops level' ones often look ridiculous. Almost like designers are trying to say "If they stand out they must be awesome". Are there any plans, and any timeframe if those plans exist, for providing the ability to RE for patterns, the items that come from lower level Heroic quests, or random Case/Box drops (i.e. pre-1.2 gear)?

Hi, Phira here from nightmare lands, EU server.

I wuold like to ask if with 1.3 there is the possibility to craft legacy item from crew skill. It wuold be an intresting thing to do.

I wuold also like to see the possibility to craft set for companion from different crew skill, item that works only for companion instead equip them with the current or old tear. In this way i wuold ask if there any possibility to see unify color on companion item.

Thak you,

Cheers!

Legacy and priorities

There seems to be a continued emphasis on Legacy system in 1.3. Legacy has had mixed reviews and only comes up as a proprietary feature for retention compared to main factors player-base keep emphasizing on. On top of the list are ( i ) Viable server populations and ( ii ) Regular warzone pops.

Is Bioware going to fast-track those features now in light of accelerated player attrition due to competing releases ?

Edited by Stovokor

is there a reason that the Republic has the unfair advantage of purchasing the Battlemaster Eliminator's Cannon?

http://www.torhead.com/item/2TxcubQ/...inators-cannon

which has the Advanced Adept Enhancement 25

http://www.torhead.com/item/vPHhgd/a...enhancement-25

+24 Endurance

+25 Expertise Rating

+37 Power

+51 Surge Rating

allowing the republic with the only battlemaster enhancment with power and surge on it?

the mirror to this weapon for the imperials is Battlemaster Eliminator's Pistol

http://www.torhead.com/item/b3wGAFd/...nators-blaster

which has the Advanced Proficient Enhancement 25

http://www.torhead.com/item/eTpCpHN/...enhancement-25

+40 Endurance

+25 Expertise Rating

+51 Accuracy Rating

+20 Power

Currently, Imperials have no way of purchasing a battlemaster enhancment with power and surge on it.

The only way for Imperials to get enhancments with power and surge on it, is by getting them from War Hero gear, which takes significantly longer to aquire. When Rated Warzones come out, this will give Republics a significant power advantage earlier in the season.

Its already hard enough to aquire War Hero Gear, let alone get a full set, and then buy more just to rip enhancments out of them.

This there still going to be a Mac version of the game? I had read that it was a idea to have it come out after a while, so what me and a lot of other people were wondering is, is it still a idea and will we be seeing TOR on a mac? i know a lot of mac users want to see one come out and not have to play on a windows version only. even tho they can bootcamp it but that's really not the ideal way to have to play this game. I myself am playing on my laptop because that's the only windows that i have and playing on a laptop isn't really the best way to be playing games unless it's built for that reason.

We have been asking this question for a while and there has been no answer. What is going to be done and can we have an ETA on keeping PVP alive? Right now ques are too long (need cross server), groups are hard to find, and many people are stuck on low pop servers where the aforementioned are even worse :rak_02:

When questing, I'm always prioritizing the groups of standard/weak mobs over the smaller groups (or lone) strong enemies. There's no visible benefit to killing them in what is often a longer, harder fight with (it seems) less chance for loot.

Will there be any incentives (double credit for quest kills, for example) forthcoming to treat strong mobs as a more desirable target ?

All I know of about the upcoming 1.3 patch is mainly about lfg and legacy stuff so I'm not sure if this question is for this Q&a thread. I'm seeing alot of posts regarding the low population on 75% the servers and the lack of a full MMO experience players are wanting . So my question is, what are the BW team planning on doing to improving the population issues? Will there be a server merges in the near future?

The story is a major driving force while leveling, but in the end game, story become just flavor text. Generic 1-shot characters. Filler side-plots. Will future end-game content take the fourth pillar to heart? Will "progression" ever go beyond just character stats but the main character story and world? ex: maybe end game can tie together the class stories of all the character, before they go their separate ways again in the expansion?