Official Q&A Thread for May 25th, 2012 Q&A Blog Post

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My server is dead. When can we expect server transfers?

Valid question, i have a similiar problem. When can we expect server transfers or any other fix for the population problems on servers like Tassah Bareesh (eu server)?

Edited by Kjoesjoks

People are asking about server transfers when they already stated Early Summer..... Watch these clowns pick that same question and answer it too :mad:

When are we going to be able to resize the buffs and hots in the UI individually? At the moment they're far too small, and with some procs having no visual cues whatsoever it becomes a strain watching the buff section all the time, or trying to figure out what HOTs or DOTs on a teammate or enemy are mine. Re-sizing the mini-map is nice, but how could that have taken precedent over resizing the buffs/debuffs/hots and dots icons

In a previous Q&A you guys spoke of Cross Server PvP. This is a great idea! However I was wondering if you were planning on implementing that first or along with other possible Cross Server Features. So the question is do you plan to have a Cross Server Galactic Trade Network (GTN) at some point?

So far, there has been a bare minimum of information available about what is going to be contained in update 1.3. With that in mind, there are really only two sensible questions:

1. What are the features of 1.3?
  2. How far into development of it are you?

Of course, confirmation on whether Ranked WZ will indeed be introduced prior to 1.3 would be a good thing also.

Sometime around 1.2 a weapon requirement was introduced for carbonized stream. What was the reasoning behind this change? All it seemed to do was break the ability on the ship droid, who can't use a weapon but still displays the ability. Also, could you fix it soon? It's been bugged since 1.2 came out and the poor droid is even worse now.

Because of SWTOR's focus on creating and playing multiple characters i have a lot of alt's on the go, 7 atm. But, its getting hard to let my friends recognize me when i have so many character names for them to remember. I was wondering if there was any plans to a low players to just use their legacy name ion chat, instead of their character name.

With the rumors of server transfers, we have tosses several questions about amongst our guild regarding what will be done with the existing guild banks. Given the costs associated with building said banks, will the respective GMs have an option to have the tab fees refunded to re-creat the bank on the new server? Or will the guild bank transfer with the GM?

When transferring, will there be the ability to transfer all your characters en masse or will you have to do each one at a time? Will there be limits to how many or can you transfer all eight?

Thanks!

Shadow Infiltration spec is quite far behind in damage in PVE than other classes. In 1.3 are you going to rework anything in the shadow dps tree to make it closer to the others? If you read the shadow/assassin forums you'll notice that nobody can get above 1300 dps. I find it hard to believe that a stealth class with squishy armor does such little damage...is this intended? Can you explain why the damage is so low compared to others? Is this even being looked at ?

With tank damage generation and the threat multiplier as they are now, tanks have to use both of their taunt skills rotationally in order to stay above top DPS, leaving these skills on cooldown for important functions like tank swapping or picking up adds. See especially fights like Toth and Zorn, Warlord Kephess after his memory wipes, and the Nightmare Pilgrim, among others. Is it intended that tanks use three taunts in the first 20 seconds of each boss encounter?

In GW2 the AoE powers actually have a graphic that paints the ground so you can mouse it around. This shows the potential area where the AoE will have it's effect. This helps put the center of the AoE in a place where it will have the largest number of targets. With AoEs that center on an NPC or player this could also be useful. Do you have a plan to implement this sort of thing in 1.3 or later patches?

Will any new events be coming in 1.3?

Are there any plans to expand the characters' stories story past level 50?

Sand

I like the color crystal colors, I was wondering if you would be adding in new colors to the game, for instance in KOTOR there was one called viridian. Or maybe make it like the black yellow crystals, and etc, make a red inside, with a red glow, or blue inside with blue glow, and mix it around.

I saw listed in an earlier post as part of a response indicating that there is a limit to the number of schematics a craft can learn, what is that limit and are there any odd restrictions? (Such as, is it possible to learn all possible schematic branchings- 1 green to 3 blues to max purples for all known schematics already learned or is it a total number cap right now regardless of the level of schematic learned?)

Is there any plans to add an experience toggle option? It would be handy to be able to disable level progression to stay in range of a group friends who don't play often or to let the casual pvp'er to stop at level 49.