Official Q&A Thread for May 25th, 2012 Q&A Blog Post

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that it has been mentioned that in a later version it will be possible to add augments to existing pieces. So I am wondering if it would be possible to implement that system into crafting rather than a new mechanic? An example of this would allowing research for all common types, and (potentially) custom items as well. This would dramatically increase customization within existing armors, and a solid way to implement augments for all items.

In fact the only problem I see with this is that players will not have to do extra quests to obtain custom appearances. This could be prevented by making all newly enabled researched items BOP.

Edited by EnsignSorrow

My understanding of 1.3 so far is that it adds some content and addresses a lot of current problems; particularly problems that pertain to guilds and groups. As a guild leader I have a lot of issues with controlling the guild with the current setup. One thing I would like is to be able to see legacy names in the guild window so I can tell who is who. I get no notification when someone joins or leaves the guild unless I'm online. As a result I'm often left in the dark as to who is who when new characters are brought in. I'm never quite sure if it's an alt or someone new. This would be an annoyance rather than a problem if it weren't for another major issue. Guild mails. It makes it hard to send out guild rules, ask alt names, give updates on things, etc. The two problems are making it hard to correct either issue I have with guild administration because they both hinder my ability to fix the other. I would simply do this through the message of the day, but the character limit is vastly shorter than I need. As it is, the only reason our guild has been successful in staying together is because a few of us (who founded it on this game) played together for years on swg and know each other quite well. We can communicate to some extent what is going on in the guild through facebook. My ability to effectively do my job as guild leader is cut by these problems, as well as several other problems. In 1.3 will I gain the tools and the ability I need to correct these issues within my guild? A few people (mostly experienced mmo players) are doing just fine and are good about communication - but we essentially have groups of players within the guild who tend to stick together more than others, and more than with the rest of the guild.

The only other major problem coming to mind is the fact that I can't see how long someone has been offline, thus making it impossible to determine how much someone is playing and contributing to the guild, or even if they still are playing. In a few months we've accumulated far more "dead weight" so to speak than we ever had at one time on swg because we could tell when people weren't actually playing the game.

My overall question pertains to how much will be done to allow guild leaders to control and manage their guilds effectively. What can I expect to see in 1.3 to fix these problems? Or does 1.3 fix any of these problems?

Edited by SerikFox

In a previous Q&A you stated that 16 man raids has no better loot then 8 man raids because it is the design goal that 16 man is EASIER then 8 man. You also acknowledged that it wasn't the case with the current raids and we could look forward to this with 1.2 (with the new raid) and ongoing adjustments to the current content.

However in 1.2 existing raids did not change 16 man EC are much harder then 8 man raids. On our server, 8 man EC hard was cleared before 16 man EC story (which has still not been cleared).

Will this continue in 1.3?

With 1.2 not only did we get some Legacy stuff to earn, we also got a page listing "comming soon in 1.3". What I am wondering is, Is that a complete list of all the legacy stuff we are getting in 1.3, or will 1.3 offer us some additional legacy perks that aren't listed there? Any chance of 1.3 giving something cool and unique to those of us who are legacy 50? I would love to have something like a star on my name (over my head) so that people can tell I am 50.

What are your plans for expanding the game? Are you going to be offering more levels? I saw you're going to be adding more planets and are asking the community for which ones they want, so I'm onboard for that. But However...do you have any plans to implement something like Everquest's Alternate Advancement points? Sony did something awesome with those, for example: The Knights in that game, could increase their swordplay, gain other abilities, things like that. You could integrate something like that into the Legacy system you already have running, just add a new tree or two, and fix the experience point system so players could after a certain level (Like say 65...after more levels are introduced) decide how much exp they wanna put into leveling, and how much they wanna put into getting that extra 'saber damage, or the ability to throw an opponent they have in Force Choke, as well as well as fully customizing the color of our armor and such? by the way, huge fan of the game, Not so much of your copying a lot of key elements from WoW, but meh...been waiting for this game since I finished The Sith Lords. It's been well worth the wait. Edited by DarthDrachonus

Are there any plans to revisit ability animation issues between mirror classes? For example, several "instant" Sage abilities actually have 1-2 second activations while Sorcerer abilities activate and deal damage instantly. Just like the Commando vs BH animations, in PvP these discrepancies can be huge.

Will 1.3 allow more character slots? Having the legacy, and crafting, tied to one server makes it undesirable to go to another server to experience both the Republic and Empire. You have said some time ago that more slots would be made available, and then nothing more has been said despite people asking about the issue.

What is being planned for armor and items overall for 1.3? Like for instance any KotOR 1 or 2 gear lookalikes/updates, lower than 50 set bonuses, flavor text or items named after important lore figures, eg Celeste Morne's Training Saber or Canderous Ordo's Helm etc.

Thank You

When my Group Finder queue for a Flashpoint pops, will I be teleported directly to the instance, as it works for warzones now? Once we exit the area after the Flashpoint is complete, will we be returned to our point of origin? Will this work the same way for the story-mode operations and planet-based content that we can also queue for?

Hey Bioware, I was just wondering if you planned on fixing the server population issue soonish, wth maybe a merge or free xfer for the players on the lightly populated servers, if so, when and how long would it take to xfer/merge?:rak_02:

Your favorite marauder, ~Syre,

One feature I saw discussed in regards to 1.3 at an earlier time were multi-passenger vehicles. Is this still planned and what ways are currently planned to acquire them? Will they only be drops from raids? Sold by vendors for credits? Offered for tokens/commendations/what have you?

Also, and this one I imagine you will be reluctant to answer, so feel free to ignore if you cannot answer at this time, what sort of story content can we hope to see? New dailies? Or perhaps a new planet arc to explore?

A huge fan of the game and the effort that's gone into the story and bringing life to the world. Can't wait to see more.

I've heard that Armormech and Synthweaving will be getting loads of shiny new orange schematics in 1.3, which I look forward to wearing. However, I'm an Armstech, and my schematics pool has been pretty shallow since day 1. (The Gormak energy cell and the Custom-Built/Elegant Modified schematics from 1.2 are much appreciated, though.) Can you tell us anything about whether Armstech and Artifice can expect new orange schematics in 1.3? The current variety of weapon appearances is rather meager...

And if so, can they please have less generic names? I'd much rather raise heck with a L-27 Heavy Repeating Carbine than an Elegant Modified Blaster Rifle.

Can we expect to see any new explorable worlds in 1.3 or anytime soon? Not as flashpoints or operations but free to visit anytime and quest like on Corellia, Tython and Taris. Kashyyyk, Endor, Naboo, Yavin IV, Manaan, Mustafar, Talus, Onderon, Roon, Lok, Dathomir and Taloraan are just a few of the ones frequently requested by players. Edited by Vitas