Official Q&A Thread for May 25th, 2012 Q&A Blog Post

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will 1.3 Feature enhanced ops features? One I would like to see is the ability to see who has threat on the ops frames. This would help out in raids quite a bit so people can see who has aggro or who is pulling aggro off tanks in fights.

Are there any plans to add the ability to control where your companion stands? When running heroic quests mine is constantly dying because I cant move it out of an aoe.

Why in the hell did you guys implement the auto unstuck feature? this thing is very annoying and in my opinion makes it harder to get unstuck in most situations.

It's my birthday. It would be nice if you could answer my question in the blog as a birthday present (although it would be a better present to just finally add chat bubbles to the game):

Will Chat Bubbles be in Game Update 1.3 and if not, which patch are they currently targeted for?

In the last update we got we were promised we'd get information about the timing of this feature once the Interface Editor was out, which it has been for weeks.

PS.: If you don't want to answer the question in the blog, please just have a developer working on the system head over to the Chat Bubbles: We need an option to enable them for say, yell and emote chat! thread and post an update for us there! Thank you very much.

Edited by Glzmo

With the group finder coming in 1.3, it's been stated in the past that the intent is for it to be server only for PvE content. How do you intend on allowing the group finder to succeed on lower population servers and factions?

What can we expect for PvP in 1.3? Can we expect progress on any of the following: open world PvP, ranked warzones, or even changes to the feel of combat overall (ie. revisions or alterations to the TTK status quo that 1.2. brought about)?

Healing companions seem to make dubious choices sometimes when using their abilities. I have found myself dying to fights that I'd otherwise have no problems completing when Doc makes the decision to DPS instead of Heal. Are there going to be any improvements in the near future to healing companion AI?

You've gone through the process of adding an augment slot to existing gear, and stated that this system combined with the "adaptive gearing" will allow us to have whatever look we want. I'm curious to know if the augment kit will only work on Orange gear or if an augment can be applied to Purple gear as well.

Are there going to be any friends list improvements in 1.3? When I signed up for The Old Republic, adding my friend's characters to my friends lists was quite cumbersome: he had to be online simultaneously, and individual characters had to be friended separately. Are there any plans to be able to become friends with an entire Account or Legacy, rather than individual characters?

For the new legacy features for Game Update 1.3, will there be any sort of unlock for datacrons (or at least the stat-based ones) so you don't have to re-acquire all of the same datacrons on your alts?

I notice this attention to the PvP crowd ... how many launches of mmo's will it take to tell you this is NOT YOUR "base subscribers" ????

After playing mmo's for 12+ yrs ... it's clear that the PVP crowd is that last peeps you should listen too.... as any content they focus on is is crash'n burn ... ie: one month and I'm gone!!

Will dev's get a clue please and focus on your "LONG-TERM" sub's ... who are focused on RPG and the "STORY" you claim to be so focused on!!!????!!!!

Are you really stopping at level 50??? seriously????

So I play a "certain game to level 50" ... and I love that game ....

.... then though I love the story/setting/environment/etc ... I get forced into a "RAID" mentality game??? *** ARE YOU THINKING??????

Look I've played mmo's for 12+yrs ... and am current age 40+ ... die-hard Star Wars Fan ....

... and yet ... I'm alienated at everyturn .....

....who the hell do you consider you're target audience????

Edited by Scoop

Are there any plans to allow companion sharing in 1.3+ for the benefits of crafting.

For example, I have a Bounty Hunter with 400 Armormech, but none of her companions have a % crit chance for this skill. However In the same Legacy I have an Imperial Agent with Ensign Reaina Temple as a companion with +2 Armormech % crit chance.

It would be very usefull If (when crafting) I could select any companion from my entire legacy - obviously with the "Summon" button greyed out for those who don't apply to the current character.

The LFG Flashpoint and Operation finders seem like a great feature on highly-populated servers. But what about those servers, where the population of the fleet during peak hours is around 30 and half of those people aren't even level 50? Individual server transfers are great but do you expect everyone on a low-pop server to pack up and leave to benefit from the dungeon finder? If individuals are allowed to leave then it only exacerbates the population problem for those who stay. Are there any plans to actually merge servers, not just allow servers transfers? Or at the very least make a cross-server version of these features? Edited by CommanderKeeva

Would Bioware Consider Changing SWTOR to Sandbox/Themepark hybird as this is the Next-Gen MMO and is what players want as it will open the door to express this game in many different and better ways for the players and the game it self?

as this is being talked about now Here

Edited by burnsyy

I have several friends and family who own Macs and want to play SWTOR but cant because there is no Mac port. I seem to recall an interest being made by Bioware in January after launch. Since then we havent heard anything, any update on the status of a possible mac port?

Will 1.3 see an increase in the war zone commendation cap or the removal of the level requirement to buy battle master/war hero gear or will those of us who level through pvp continue to lose out as our commendations income is capped at such a low level with no resourceful way to spend them?

At the moment, players without millions of credits (or the time to farm dailies to get them) can't use the majority of the Legacy System due to its very high cost.

Are we to expect that the "Coming Soon" section of Legacy will be as expensive?

The jedis want a toggle to have their hood down/up, i would like to see the same feature for the sith warriors especially juggernaut. I like my jug to to have a hood raised whilst wearing a mask underneath it.

In it's current format the GTN is pretty unwieldy to use. Also the inclusion of a price tracking function, similar to auctioneer in 'the game that must not be named', would reduce the chance of getting ripped off or not getting a decent price for a sold item, make the experience much less frustrating. What plans are there plans to revamp the GTN & will we see them in 1.3?