Official Q&A Thread for May 25th, 2012 Q&A Blog Post

Is there going to be any kind of revision to the legacy unlocks? Because when trying to build your legacy with multiple toons it is next to impossible to come up with the amount of credits required for certain things. Especially if like me you have/want a lot of alts.

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the last Q&A, you mentioned the option to turn Jaesa Light or Dark. With the Sith Inquisitor (the Emperor Palpatine of SWTOR) their own Jedi Padawan, Ashara, can't be driven to the Dark Side. By the master manipulator archtype even! Are there any plans to change that, or give the SI a romantic love interest that actually fits most Inquisitor alignments?

Will we be able to merge legacies with other people? By this I mean can I merge my legacy with another player and show up in their family tree? I think it would be sort of nice to see that. (The names could go something along the lines of "The Loci-Krey Legacy" where both names show up under the Legacy display instead of one) Then you can add their portrait as a sibling, spouse, ally, rival, child, apprentice, etc.

In 1.3 could you please remove the population Display(Light)(Heavy) "Green,Yellow, Red lights" from the server select page as i feel it does stop people from trying a server because of the big LIGHT on display,

Also Please merge servers in 1.3 for the 13 people on mine that would love to see more new people in the future

I've heard almost nothing about 1.3. All I've heard is LFG tool and more legacy stuff. Can we get a rundown of the big features that will be in 1.3? A list with a few lines of description for each entry would be great. Also when might it be hitting the PTS?

With adaptive gear coming in 1.3 (which is awesome!), can we expect other ways to develop a unique character?

For instance, is it possible we'll see any development on bringing the character creation process more up to date with current MMO standards (as in sliders for proportions, a separate accessories option or an easy way to refer to options within a category, as examples)?

Are you going to take another look at Expertise for 1.3? Right now time to kill is pretty quick and it's getting close to 5-6 second deaths by some classes. I really liked the way PvP was before 1.2, battles took a little longer and it was more fun.

Will Jedi Knights ever get to lower their hoods? I spent a while designing my character for a reason, not to just see a hood.

Pretty sure this questions has been answered 50 millions times already.

Will 1.3 contain the next story quest chapters?

Since this is a story driven game would be nice, hell I might even resub.

With the limited character slots will we be seeing at least the species unlocks from the legacy system implemented cross server rather than having to level the same species on multiple servers to get them unlocked?

how long are you guys going to ignore us Bounty hunters until we can actually get a fix for tracer missile ,heatseeker and unload? ( atm all 3 of them are not working as they should be... no benefits from any of those wich should be there)

in fact you guys balanced the class which was inherently bugged to begin with. Not the bug where other mercs tracers was amplifying damage but the bug in which tracers were actually adding x2 the damage boost to Heatseeker that it should have, even when solo.

That is why it hits for less than pre 1.2 and unquestionably one of the main factors in the arsenal tree being bottom tier now as it was not factored in testing for the rebalance in 1.2. The class has plenty of other problems going right now and always has done, no real utility etc however this change totally killed the class.

Can you please explain in detail how server transfers will work with the Legacy system? For example: what will happen if you move the character that first completed Act 1 to another server? Or if you move all of your characters to another server?

If I move a level 50 character from another server into a server where I already have a Legacy, will the Legacy experience be added together? It seems like all the unlocks will be kept, which is great, but it would also be nice if the merged-in character could bring their experience into their new Legacy, too. As it is, it doesn't look like that happens (unless I'm misunderstanding). Also, will the merged character simply adopt the Legacy name of their new Legacy, i assume?

If I move a level 50 character from another server into a server where I already have a Legacy, will the Legacy experience be added together? It seems like all the unlocks will be kept, which is great, but it would also be nice if the merged-in character could bring their experience into their new Legacy, too. As it is, it doesn't look like that happens (unless I'm misunderstanding). Also, will the merged character simply adopt the Legacy name of their new Legacy, i assume?

For everyone constantly asking this question, It HAS been addressed numerous times. Transfering of characters will add to overall legacy, whether it be the existing legacy or if you are transfering a higher Legacy, that will be your main legacy while your old legacy lvl's added to it. Merging of legacy will work in the most beneficial way for the End User.

Your asking specifically for questions related to up coming 1.3, so i ask is the decision to use augment tables a "quick fix" solution to the current technology limitations / time restraints involved in revamping the current crafting system properly..

Ie: adding new schems id imagine takes large amounts of time, youve said many times you simply cant change the previous technology and add RE ability to previous orange gear, heck you couldnt even make it so when i brought a new peice of columi and moved out the armour the bonus stat moved with it, becuase the technology wouldnt allow. Youve said that the technology isnt there to allow players to learn many more schematics than is currently available becuase of an upper limit.

Was augment tables a way around the technology limitations and to buy time for hopefully something "more" in the future as apposed to a true planned design decission which was your original thoughts and direction from the start. All the nigiliy little issues we all have everyday with the current system. When can we expect a true revamp as apposed to these temp fixes each content update, basically a schematic or two and some fixes.

when will crafting get the looking at it deserves. Youve even admited your selves that the design and current system was not what you would like it to be.

How about cross faction friends? I understand why you might not want active private communication. To be able to only "see" and get the "player is online" notice would be a definite plus. For me, this way when my friends come online I would know and could log off that character and log onto one that I can join them with. It also would help my reluctance to explore the other half of the game. Edited by eatumup
Better wording

I was just wondering about the decision on armor styles for Marauders vs Juggernauts. Juggernauts I see at around midlevel (25 and up) wearing all sorts of neat coats and hooded chest pieces. Marauders on the other hand are burdened with either skin tight tops and dresses OR clunky robot-like armoring. You see for sentinels plenty of more accustomed attire to suit their needs, heck even THEY look more ominous than Marauders. I can only relate the currently choice for marauder attire to one significant Star Wars character, that would be Asaaj Ventress. Do you have any plans to mix this up for us? I mean how hard would it be to give us some black/red/purple versions of sentinels clothing? I don't mean cloning items but the issue cannot be ignored any longer. This elephant in the room has been seen by many and not answered by you. PLEASE just give us some insight into the choice and whether there will be anything to suit our wants added soon :)

Are SGRA and same-gender quest flirts coming in 1.3? Because if they're not then I'm out. I've been patient enough, 6 months and two major content patches since the game launch and those two things still aren't in the game? I bought the game for the story but it's clear your priorities are churning out boring raids and rated warzones (which will destroy pvp in my opinion). I can see I'm not wanted here.

Can we expect to see Nightmare Mode Explosive Conflict in 1.3? As it is now, this feature doesn't seem to be in the patch and I'm concerned that the current content won't be enough to last progression guilds much longer never mind another 4 - 5 months until 1.4 comes out. If this is indeed the case that NM EC is not in 1.3, when can we expect to see it? Edited by The-Vortex