Official Q&A Thread for May 25th, 2012 Q&A Blog Post

With server transfers coming in 1.3, is there any plans to support guilds ? By this i mean, if a guild has 200 members but most of those players are tempted on moving to a higher populated server, will the server transfer feature allow the whole guild to move to another server to keep the friendships going ? Or will the guld effectively disband and have to start a new guild on the new server or join a new guild ?

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would it be a good idea to have small content updates every ~2 weeks? Small things like a couple orange armors, couple new orange weapons etc.

I think that would keep a lot of people happy and wouldn't require an insane amount of effort. I know I get bored having to wait months for new content. I was just wondering if you considered something like this, and what are the reasons you aren't doing it right now.

Will we ever see the ability to change advanced class? I believe there are alot of us who would like to switch advanced classes but do not want to roll a second character due to limited character slots for it or reroll due to time and investment in our characters. Also when will we see Dual or Multi-specs?

More of a suggestion than a Q&A I guess, but is there a potential within the game to be able to swap Advanced Classes as part of a Legacy unlock? For example, if I were to level a Sith Sorcerer to level 50, and a Jedi Shadow to 50, could I then look at unlocking a 'multi-spec' where I can swap advanced classes? Perhaps this could be a legacy unlock as well for the family tree, a new way to link the chaacters up. Like a 'same person as' one.

Oh, and as an RP'er what new emotes are in the pipline?

With server transfers coming in 1.3, is there any plans to support guilds ? By this i mean, if a guild has 200 members but most of those players are tempted on moving to a higher populated server, will the server transfer feature allow the whole guild to move to another server to keep the friendships going ? Or will the guld effectively disband and have to start a new guild on the new server or join a new guild ?

Additionally, what about the already established guild banks for those guilds? Will we have to repurchase a guild bank and slots on the new server? Or will the bank, its tabs and its contents move with the GM?

Will there be a "guild transfer" option? As a guild that was part of the pre-release guild program

, and has already bought a GB and more than 1 tab, it would be highly inconvenient and disappointing to have to register a guild again on a new server and spend to credits to get back what we already had.

And if we have to, what was the reason for this? It's not the players fault for being put on a server with an absent population.

Are there any plans to expand the Legacy system to include relationships between different players' characters? For instance, will I ever be able to have my Jedi consular be the sister of another player's Gunslinger?

There are 41 people logged on right now for republic on my server... That's not in the fleet. There are 41 total republic logged in throughout all zones, throughout all level ranges.. All the servers are at a population descriptor of "light" except for two east coast servers. But the plan is allow server transfers? There are no talks of servers being closed? Of servers being merged? But we're going to be allowed to transfer servers? Which of the 42 light west coast servers do I transfer to to have enough players to play?

Since the video confirms transfers will be in for 1.3, can we get an idea of what direction those transfers will be? I understand your reluctance to name specific servers since populations are always changing, but will the focus be to try and convince people on high population servers to transfer to lower population servers or to get people on low population servers to combine with other low population servers to create some medium population servers?

When are we going to get an in-game combat parser with other people's DPS meters? It is very difficult to play an mmo without quantitative metrics. I understand that the development team wants to appeal to casual players. However if there isn't the pure dps parser, at least can we have a visual threat system or a damage taken in-game parser? It is currently hard for tanks to tell, especially in flashpoints when something is targeting you. If there isn't a separate window, I might suggest something like the third party mod, Threatplates found below.

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/tidy-plates-threat-plates

It would make it so that glaring game mechanic flaws such as ranged mobs not walking over and multiple initial stuns on the tank wouldn't be such a headache.

Thanks.

This game encourages you to get involved in both PVP and PVE, each of which requires a different set of equipment. Unfortunately, juggling this equipment is a cumbersome hassle.

My matrix cube vanishes back to the 'mission items' tab when it's unequipped, I have 4 implants with identical icons, and it's hard to tell if you missed a piece or two. Can we expect an "Armorer"-style feature in the future that makes it easy to swap between two (or more) sets of gear?