Operatives must be balanced, it is ridiculous.

ViboraBR

800K healing is ridiculous, and I did 320k almost only hitting the operative, interruption and everything I could.

Horiale was with me on Ts and doing the same and he has 0 kills, we couldn't kill him a single time.

My healing commando was baddly nerfed, and operatives are now the ultimate healing machine, when they are turned to DPS, it stuns you 3 times before you can react, so you are about 20% health with no chance of winning.

http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/1998/800k.jpg

Operative healers are the only healing subclass where having an incompetent enemy attacking them can actually help the healer. A newbie, or low geared attacker going after a BH healer or a Sorc healer won't stop that healer. But it might disrupt him some. But a newbie or low geared attacker going after a Op healer can actually be counterproductive in terms of granting the Operative a steady stream of Tactical Advantages. IMO this is a rather dubious design choice made by the devs when creating the Operative healer subclass. But at any rate, for the OP, your task is clear - study the Operative Medicine skill tree and learn how avoid this trap. Edited by Macroecon

Operative healers are the only healing subclass where having an incompetent enemy attacking them can actually help the healer. A newbie, or low geared attacker going after a BH healer or a Sorc healer won't stop that healer. But it might disrupt him some. But a newbie or low geared attacker going after a Op healer can actually be counterproductive in terms of granting the Operative a steady stream of Tactical Advantages. IMO this is a rather dubious design choice made by the devs when creating the Operative healer subclass. But at any rate, for the OP, your task is clear - study the Operative Medicine skill tree and learn how avoid this trap.

I have an operative healer alt, about level 40. Attacking the Operative does not give him Tactical Advantage stacks. Unless there's some kind of set bonus that does this, I don't see how attacking them does any kind of help to that healer.

The thing about Operative heals is they are really good because of Tactical Advantage, but they are also slaved to Tactical Advantage. Interrupt Kolto Injection and their only means of gaining TA will be luck from Kolto Probes, which can't keep you alive forever and can't be relied upon in an emergency.

Here's a tip: Kolto Infusion and Diagnostic Scan are both fake casts, don't interrupt them. Infusion is useless 90% of the time as it costs too much energy, while Surg Probe is instant (usable while moving), free aside from Tac Advantage, and heals almost as much (except on a crit). If you make a mistake and interrupt anything but KInj, he has a means of gaining tac advantage on command and can keep right on going.

Edited by Vid-szhite

Operative healers are the only healing subclass where having an incompetent enemy attacking them can actually help the healer. A newbie, or low geared attacker going after a BH healer or a Sorc healer won't stop that healer. But it might disrupt him some. But a newbie or low geared attacker going after a Op healer can actually be counterproductive in terms of granting the Operative a steady stream of Tactical Advantages. IMO this is a rather dubious design choice made by the devs when creating the Operative healer subclass. But at any rate, for the OP, your task is clear - study the Operative Medicine skill tree and learn how avoid this trap.

Being attacked as a healer doesn't help at all, lol.

Though I'll give that Op healer mobility is a bit too extreme atm.

Agreed, Operatives have way too many gap closers and speed boosts. Oh wait.

Oh, you're talking about an Op's three instant casts that heal for pitiful amounts of health. It's unfortunate that Sorc bubble isn't instant cast and Mercs have no instant casts as well. Oh wait.

The biggest issue is that this class can do monster heal while running around or circling objects, which makes it very hard to kill or interrupt.

A medic commando can be killed in no time in 1v1, besides for 12s when the shield is up.

Quote: Originally Posted by Sinsavz

ya,they should nerf operative healers so they can go from a class with 1 viable option to being completely worthless in every area of the game

Good comparison... let's take the heavily nerfed Healer and explain how it should be the norm for the other.

I just think no class specialty should be useless or defeat less, in PVP the medic command is now useless while the Medic Operative is almost defeat less.

Balance is the key.

I have an operative healer alt, about level 40. Attacking the Operative does not give him Tactical Advantage stacks. Unless there's some kind of set bonus that does this, I don't see how attacking them does any kind of help to that healer.

The thing about Operative heals is they are really good because of Tactical Advantage, but they are also slaved to Tactical Advantage. Interrupt Kolto Injection and their only means of gaining TA will be luck from Kolto Probes, which can't keep you alive forever and can't be relied upon in an emergency.

Blaster whip and whatever the imperial name is gives you an automatic Upper Hand. You should never be without at least one stack if you're being attacked and I think the previous poster meant that vs an inexperienced enemy, you have just ignore them until at 29% or lower be because they aren't interrupting the right thing (if at all) and from 29% you can keep yourself alive indefinitely because they don't know to CC at that point.

The biggest issue is that this class can do monster heal while running around or circling objects, which makes it very hard to kill or interrupt.

Surgical Probe is hardly a "monster heal". Even when it crits it's small compared to Kolto Infusion and Kolto Injection which have cast times.

Hmm.. I don't think they changed Operative healing THAT much, so I think what might be going on is - people are now seeing what Operatives can do, as people are playing them a lot more now that the other healers have been brought in line.

I just think no class specialty should be useless or defeat less, in PVP the medic command is now useless while the Medic Operative is almost defeat less.

Balance is the key.

you obviously dont know much about operatives/scoundrels if you want no class to be useless

(heres a tip,scoundrel/operatives can do more then just heal)

Edited by CrunkShizzle

Yes, op/scoundrel healers are more mobile, but they also have the least utility in warzones, especially Huttball. If anything, things are more fair now than they used to be.

Also, they really weren't buffed that much. More like quality of life stuff. Because TTK is lower, I actually felt a little less effective when 1.2 hit.

Edited by Stenrik

Blaster whip and whatever the imperial name is gives you an automatic Upper Hand. You should never be without at least one stack if you're being attacked and I think the previous poster meant that vs an inexperienced enemy, you have just ignore them until at 29% or lower be because they aren't interrupting the right thing (if at all) and from 29% you can keep yourself alive indefinitely because they don't know to CC at that point.

Sooo what if the person attacking you is ranged?

Nearly all of the melee classes for one reason or another are considered OP (wrongly so, IMO, but that's the word on the street), so if Operative Healers are only OP against very bad melee DPS, that's not the Operative's fault, is it? I have an Operative healer alt, and most melees do actually hinder me by forcing me to spend time healing myself, cleansing their slows and dots, and waste time kiting instead of using my cast time heals, and if he's close enough for a shiv, I'm wasting time and energy attacking him and de-targeting my allies instead of healing them. Both of the Tactical Advantage heals are weaker than Kolto Injection, and the one you can use on the move is our weakest heal, so having an infinite supply of it isn't as helpful as you'd think, all it does is conserve energy. If a melee is so bad that they're actually helping the Operative healer do his job, he must literally be naked and is being out-healed by my HoT Bots.

Surgical Probe is hardly a "monster heal". Even when it crits it's small compared to Kolto Infusion and Kolto Injection which have cast times.

Surgical Probe (Emergency Medpac) will not keep you alive if you are being attacked by more than 1 person. It is the Operative's smallest heal and doesn't gain a massive crit bonus like all their other heals.

Edited by Vid-szhite

Sooo what if the person attacking you is ranged?

Nearly all of the melee classes for one reason or another are considered OP (wrongly so, IMO, but that's the word on the street), so if Operative Healers are only OP against very bad melee DPS, that's not the Operative's fault, is it?

Surgical Probe (Emergency Medpac) will not keep you alive if you are being attacked by more than 1 person. It is the Operative's smallest heal and doesn't gain a massive crit bonus like all their other heals.

A lot of people will complain other classes are OP because they dont bother learning the mechanics of that class that are beating them...if they did they would know the counters for it with their class. In terms of Surgical Probe, a stun at the right time is all it takes to finish the kill. Save your DPS cooldowns for that phase to seal the deal. Not difficult.

As for "what if its ranged" all ranged classes also have a ranged CC they can use to do the same thing.

A lot of people will complain other classes are OP because they dont bother learning the mechanics of that class that are beating them...if they did they would know the counters for it with their class. In terms of Surgical Probe, a stun at the right time is all it takes to finish the kill. Save your DPS cooldowns for that phase to seal the deal. Not difficult.

As for "what if its ranged" all ranged classes also have a ranged CC they can use to do the same thing.

I think you're misunderstanding the argument here. I'm agreeing with you. The person I'm arguing with is stating that Operative Healers have an infinite supply of Tactical Advantage when being attacked by an inexperienced DPS, and is the only healer where this is true, and is therefore OP because the devs didn't think straight when designing the Operative because they are the only healer that gains resources by being attacked.

I asked what his reasoning for this was and his response was "you have Shiv". I asked how this helps me at all against Ranged DPS (all ranged DPS have combat CCs, Snipers have a sub-30% execute), and now you and I are having this conversation. The idea that Shiv is our "infinite TA battery" is laughable too though.

Edited by Vid-szhite

All the people posting here are simply un-educated about Operatives. The difference between 1.2 and 1.1 Operatives in terms of HPS, is next to nothing.

The only change that could effect HPS is the change to their AoE ability and even that is up for debate. The rest of the changes of Quality of Life changes, which, for good Operative Healers, would have made no difference.

So if you think Operatives are OP now, then why didn't you voice your opinions in 1.1, because they must have been OP then too.

Edited by stephenjohnp

but they NEED it and theyre mobile healer ONLY under 30% health so stun him near 30% burst him down.

they need to have it they're defense is a 3 min vanish

1 min 3 sec dodge vs White damage only and

a 45s medium absorb shield:

lets compare to sorcerers knockback, forcespeed, force pull (yes you can grab allies to help you out) + 20 sec on self + ALL OTHERS shield with HIGH damage absorbation!

They would just die to easy without...

I think you're misunderstanding the argument here. I'm agreeing with you. The person I'm arguing with is stating that Operative Healers have an infinite supply of Tactical Advantage when being attacked by an inexperienced DPS, and is the only healer where this is true, and is therefore OP because the devs didn't think straight when designing the Operative because they are the only healer that gains resources by being attacked.

I asked what his reasoning for this was and his response was "you have Shiv". I asked how this helps me at all against Ranged DPS (all ranged DPS have combat CCs, Snipers have a sub-30% execute), and now you and I are having this conversation. The idea that Shiv is our "infinite TA battery" is laughable too though.

After re-reading your post, I got ya. I had who quoted who and said what mixed up.

800K healing is ridiculous, and I did 320k almost only hitting the operative, interruption and everything I could.

Horiale was with me on Ts and doing the same and he has 0 kills, we couldn't kill him a single time.

My healing commando was baddly nerfed, and operatives are now the ultimate healing machine, when they are turned to DPS, it stuns you 3 times before you can react, so you are about 20% health with no chance of winning.

http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/1998/800k.jpg

So the class that was nerfed twice in dps tree's should lose the only viable tree left and make the class completely worthless, because you couldn't kill him and your commando got nerfed? Sounds like great logic I really hope this isn't the trash that Bioware basis their patches off of. If you really wanna complain about something complain about the fact that this class as a hybrid healer/dps can do about 400-500k heals and about the same (maybe a bit lower) damage, or the fact that any melee is completely worthless in raids due to the buff to snipers (they can interrupt and do as much dps as a marauder the kicker being the fact they take little to no damage as most fights make the melee work their asses off while range have it pretty easy.)

The op must be one of the bads that fill ball carrier's resolve prior to traps post 60 yard line. Stun the op when he's at 30% health and melt him. Have a sage force slow him so he can't kite, and interrupt their main heal and not the scan or the one that takes up a ta...

Pretty easy IMO

I play a 50 scr healer and good marauders shut me down, but I can kite 3 bads all day long...